• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Yeah, I'm not sure any of them are different enough to warrant a purchase. Other than the fact that I am a disc whore. Looking forward to reviews and comparisons to current discs. Between the Saint, Volt and Amp I think the 'fairway' driver segment has been battered lately. Looks like speed 6-8 fairways are dead. I must be the only one with the adequate lack of skills to want or need a slower driver. :(

I was just having this same thought. I can't control much past a speed 9, so those are my distance drivers, and speed 7 is my bread and butter. Most new fairway releases are in the 9-10 range (the drivers you mentioned), so I've gone back to the River and tossed a Teebird back in the bag to complement it. Maybe after a few months with those these "fairway drivers" will work better for me.

I was just having this same thought. I can't control much past a speed 9, so those are my distance drivers, and speed 7 is my bread and butter. Most new fairway releases are in the 9-10 range (the drivers you mentioned), so I've gone back to the River and tossed a Teebird back in the bag to complement it. Maybe after a few months with those these "fairway drivers" will work better for me.

Well, back in the day, those 7-8 were the top speed distance drivers. Times, they are a-changin'. I'm sure 10-11 will be the new fairway driver range faster than we can shake a fist at the newfangled whipper-snappers on the courses.

Well, back in the day, those 7-8 were the top speed distance drivers. Times, they are a-changin'. I'm sure 10-11 will be the new fairway driver range faster than we can shake a fist at the newfangled whipper-snappers on the courses.

I'm waiting for the Valkyrie to get its "Fairway Driver" stamp. It's only a matter of time I would think.

Ordered one of each except for the Judge (not a fan of soft pro-type plastics). They do seem to overlap a lot with what I have already, but I like to try new things out and I like lat/westside plastic, so we'll see how this goes.

I've never thrown a Mercy so I can't say how the Judge compares to it but I do throw opto pures for driving putters and in the hand it does feel identical to a Pure with a large bead. I don't know about the speed and ratings they threw on it but I can tell you how it putts. A pure profile with wizard bead and slightly less stable. More like a Focus or Warlock in stability. If that's a Mercy then so be it but I thought they were a larger diameter domey putter and this one is far from that. It's thin profiled and super flat.

jtreadwell-I could lie to you and say the fugitive sucks but out of the four molds if you only get one it has to be that.

Since the only thing I have to compare them to is the flight ratings on DD's site and Lat's flight chart, I'm just speculating.

I have a Judge coming and own (and have thrown) a Mercy and a Pure. If no one beats me to it, I'll post profile pics of them all side by side. Since the Wizard has been thrown around a lot, I'll add that (and any other "big bead" putters I own) to the list.

how "soft" is the classic soft judge?
Firmer than a Soft Magnet/Focus
Firmer than the typical Omega SS or R-Pro
Slightly more flexy than a buttery Yeti Pro
Similar to a drum-tight Gateway SSS/SS
Kinda like the firmer JK types
Rubbery, tight across the plate

When the truck gets back and I can fetch my bag out the back I will snap a pic of the Pure/Judge profile comparison. Maybe one for a comparison of the Escape/Saint/11xCal Tbird and Trespass/Sword

FTFY ;) Nice catch...thanks!

Didn't mean to come off so snide. Yes, thank you for fixing that (took me a little time to realize where the Pure was).

Judging from the inbounds flight chart, it does look like a more stable Pure, but a bead that size seems like it would make it a lot more stable. I can't wait to get mine in the mail and take a closer look. Again, I will take some profile comparison pics if no one beats me to the punch.

More of my marvelously bad cell phone pics. Enjoy.

Close profile of opto pure and classic soft judge. Pure is the orange

syqxyu.jpg
68h7jd.jpg

Look near identical except for the bead. I don't know how close a mercy is to a pure but I would say the Judge is based off the Pure and not a Mercy.

GoldLine Saint vs. Lucid Escape Saint on the left.

2ldgcg2.jpg

Real close in look but to me in feel the Escape feels much domier in the hand. Still very good but it moves more lateral for me than my Saint. Like a beefier Avenger. It's workable and consistent though.

11x Champ CAL mold Teebird vs. Lucid Escape.

wl7j2x.jpg

Some may call the Escape a fast teebird but I just don't know I would. Nothing flies quite like my bird but I do think the Escape will make a lot of friends in people who like or were disappointed by Strikers. If you throw them get an Escape. Chances are it will be the Striker you always hoped for.

Tournament Sword vs. Lucid Trespass

33ekcc7.jpg

I notice more dome on the sword but everything else feels the same. The lucid plastic is just grippier than an opto I've had before. Maybe some of you new opto buyers will recognize it but it's very GL grippy and opto strong. I guess it's glopto on these. Trespass is nice and if they can remain consistent run to run I could see a lot of destroyer lovers selling out to these.

Didn't mean to come off so snide. Yes, thank you for fixing that (took me a little time to realize where the Pure was).

Judging from the inbounds flight chart, it does look like a more stable Pure, but a bead that size seems like it would make it a lot more stable. I can't wait to get mine in the mail and take a closer look. Again, I will take some profile comparison pics if no one beats me to the punch.

I'm hoping the classic plastic ones will be a little more stable but I can say with near 100% confidence that the Judge is not much more stable than a Pure. Now that could be just Opto pures but the judge doesn't really go left for me until the very end. It's very straight near the chains and only on long windy upshots have I noticed how much low speed fade it has. If you like pures and wanted to try one with a bead the Judge is going to be perfect. If not, you probably won't need to worry about anything but your pures.

Obviously the parting lines look very different (on my phone because work won't let me see photobucket images so I can't really get in close), but the Judge's wing looks to me like it rounds out more than the Pure. Regardless, it looks like it'll be very comfy. Thanks for the pics Steeze.