• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Not worried about them too much with the TBs. The Champ doesn't. I just see a few lines that would be a lot easier with something like the Eagle. And I've never tried one.

Is there anything dramatically different about the twelve time vs 12x Champs?

beat eagles ARE a thing of beauty. getting them there can take some time.

not to get completely off the rail, but yea a Viking is more TB'ish than a Valkryie.

i started with eagles and made the switch to TB's at the beginning of last season. the strong finish on the eagles were messing with me.

Tomato / Tomoto. Vikings are a lot harder to find and don't come in as many choices of plastic or variations of weight, which is why I go with Valks instead. Either way, keeping Eagles in the bag is always a good decision. I'm currently bagging 4 Eags in my nest, 3 Star Eagles X's and one Champ.

Can anyone who bags Eagle Ls tell me how much they differ from Leopards???

My opinion, I broke in some eagle l's and quit throwing leopards just to trim down the bag. They tend to have more fade left in them than the leopard if you flip them up to flat. My old 10x kcpro is a clovered ugly bird but flies a nice s-curve or taking some off of it it flips up really straight. The newer 12x I throw is more of an anhyzer disc flip it up for straight to right finishes or throw it near flat and it will slowly roll over into a long anhyzer shot. Way different when new discs, "for me", similar after being broken in. The eagle turns slower and doesnt need as much room as the well used leopard for me.

I agree with the swede, when fresh they fade a bit more, but wore in they are a lot more similar to Leopards. While L's are not nose sensitive I feel they fade noticeably more if you throw them nose up (although that is sometimes useful).

My champ isn't wore enough for me to know but the DX ones will beat into rollers eventually, just like leopards. Really though the best part about Eagle L's is they are a little longer than Leopards and they don't have obnoxious domes on them that I have seen like a lot of Leopards do.

I actually like the domey Eagle L's best. They have predictable turn, yet always reliable fade at the end, perfect for S curves in woods at fairway distances.
And I think dome shape affects the flight the most. Flatter ones won't be as OS.

And Eagle L's fight wind way better than leopards. There's not much glide which helps with accuracy, yet they still go far with not much effort.

I currently use my star TL but easily can switch for the eagle L.

after nailing a couple trees today and chunking up the rim a bit, i can see now where people say that eagles can cover the same lines as a teebird. not sure i'll take the teebird out of the bag though. it's nice to have something that naturally flies so straight.

Is there any sort of market for max weight "twelve time" champ eagle l's or SEX eagles?

I'll trade for them if your interested. I dont think the market is huge, but some people definitely want them.

I'll trade for them if your interested. I dont think the market is huge, but some people definitely want them.

not gonna hide it, i was seeing if i could profit and cover the cost of a current run or two. :) if there's no market then i'll throw them instead!

I am always looking for twelve time L's. They are flat and are made of the 11x taffy looking plastic. Innova had seconds of them stashed away until early last year :(

What makes those two different than current runs?

Well, apparently not much, but I will say that every SEX eagle I've seen has a different feel to the star plastic. Probably just because it's older so it's gotten nice and buttery. it has that "old" look to it compared to all the other plastic. So I figured I'd ask. :)

Well, apparently not much, but I will say that every SEX eagle I've seen has a different feel to the star plastic. Probably just because it's older so it's gotten nice and buttery. it has that "old" look to it compared to all the other plastic. So I figured I'd ask. :)

I would agree that Star has changed a lot over the last 2 years. Not so much from A to B, but just fluctuated from A to C to B to D to A to C. etc.

My favorite eagles are the older, stiffer star. I have matching baby blues in that plastic that have been in my bag for years. I also have two day glow star eagle's from last year that are, no exaggeration, as gummy as GStar, and a red 2 foil stamp that is somewhere between the two. They all fly great, I just like a little more rigidity in my drivers, like older star was.

Don't think I've posted my lovelies on here. Various 11x X/L's. Sold three of them since taking the pic.

TOTU1zS.jpg

Last edited:
I have some nice tye dyed 12x eagles to me they throw great just hard to find. My favorite is a really soft gummy star 166. When in doubt just throw that disc.