• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I had an awesome champy star EX once that was like 167 and flexy. I wonder if a G* EX would fly like it? Man, I miss that disc. My turnovers haven't been the same since I lost it.

FWIW, and I guess your mileage may vary, but that's exactly the reason I ended up biting the bullet and buying one. I was trying to replace a champystar Eagle that I had lost.

For me, the flight was not what I was expecting. I've seen a couple of other guys say that the GStar is like a broken in Star, but for me the GStar is the beefiest one I own, even including 2 10/10 earlier run 12x Champions I have. (which is actually my favorite version of this disc)

I use it because I like the beefier flight in some cases, but my go to is still a broken in Champ Eagle.

Ok, Eagle fans fill me in on this one. It's a Twelve Time stamp X. Are these rare or what? I've been trying to find out information on them and I keep finding a ton on the Eleven but none on the Twelve.

Attachments

• 20141111_155336.jpg
    20141111_155336.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 61
I wouldnt call them rare.

Some people like them because its pre-flight number.

However im sure some places still have these on shelves.

Ok, Eagle fans fill me in on this one. It's a Twelve Time stamp X. Are these rare or what? I've been trying to find out information on them and I keep finding a ton on the Eleven but none on the Twelve.

Yeah it's a Pre Flight Numbers (you sometimes see it abbreviated PFN) 12X Eagle. 12X Eagles are still in production, so you can still buy them in stores. Technically, the PFN ones are slightly more desirable depending on who you ask, mainly because they aren't stamped that way anymore, but there's probably not much of a tangible difference. (some people may believe/perceive that there is, which may create some extra value)

There's a whole thread about 11x vs 12x Eagles:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34476

It's an interesting blend of Champion. I just grabbed it because I knew they aren't stamped Twelve anymore instead of 12x. They had a few new Eagles but this is just way different. Taffy feeling.

I'll likely throw it.

It's an interesting blend of Champion. I just grabbed it because I knew they aren't stamped Twelve anymore instead of 12x. They had a few new Eagles but this is just way different. Taffy feeling.

I'll likely throw it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. That's my favorite kind.

Picked up a nice pat# *ex at Infinite today, real shame they don't make them like this anymore.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Flattest Eagle I have seen yet. Hard to see in the last pic but yes it has a higher PLH than my circle stamp does. Nose isn't quite as beefy as the circle stamp though.

Only detriment is that it is 150 class. Still has tons of beef for being so light though. Really wish I had played back in the day when flat eagles were common so I could have stocked up.

What would be the ideal weight of the Eagle for someone throwing sidearm around 300ft? Can't seem to find the Eagle-X anywhere

Sidearming a fairway driver 300ft is very good:thmbup: At your skill level any weight will do so I'd go with my preferred weight which is max wt. for wind fightling, 170-172 for control, and 167-169 for distance/tailwinds. I'd also stay away from Gstar as I'd be concerned that the soft plastic would deform from the torque of my sidearm and add OAT.

Regarding finding an Eagle-X, I believe almost all star plastic eagles are Eagle-Xs, and most champ Eagles are as well(Innova doesn't sell them as two different molds except in Gstar). It's best to check the bottom wing to see if there is a flat notch by the outside edge of the outer rim. Eagle-Ls have a smooth bottom wing and fly like a tick less HSS and a half tick less LSS. I bag both.

Attachments

• Eagle X vs L.jpg
    Eagle X vs L.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Eagle L vs X.jpg
    Eagle L vs X.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 43
I was late to the gstar eagle bandwagon, but after seeing the dome on them it would be awesome to see an el3 and ex3. The tl3 really feels nice in the hand, the eagle getting the 3 treatment could be a really sweet disc.

When you guys refer to the Eagle, in general are you talking about the x mold. Because I'm a huge fan of the eagle L mold, I pair them with my teebird and firebirds.

Yeah I've got a flat SEX that I love. It's kinda like the mythical "Teagle".

X. At least I am.

Likewise. I try to specify which Eagle I'm talking about just in case some don't know.

Davidrboy, I was reading through the Axiom Clash thread and saw where you have thrown the Clash. How does it compare to the Eagle-x, does it go further, find wind better, etc?

The reason I ask is that I've found MVP/Axiom discs to fly shorter than other discs in the same speed category. At the same time, I'm interested in the Clash. I'm trying to see if it is worth my time.

this is possibly one of the cornyist names for a thread.

that being said, i really have nothing of value to add to this thread, i just felt strongly about how stupid of a name this one is.

carry on

Likewise. I try to specify which Eagle I'm talking about just in case some don't know.

Davidrboy, I was reading through the Axiom Clash thread and saw where you have thrown the Clash. How does it compare to the Eagle-x, does it go further, find wind better, etc?

The reason I ask is that I've found MVP/Axiom discs to fly shorter than other discs in the same speed category. At the same time, I'm interested in the Clash. I'm trying to see if it is worth my time.

Flies similar lines to fresh star/ beat champ eagle, but shorter. For me anyway.

This was my favorite thread on DGCR. It was bull**** free until seconds ago. Also, Eagles are the soul of disc golf

Latest posts