• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Mmmmmm JL Eagle L, that's something I might be interested in. Haven't seen any but will definitely keep an eye out now. All the recently run Eagle L's I've seen have been that crappy waxy pro/champ blend. From the sound of the flight it would be like the 1st run CE Eagles that weren't quite X's and weren't quite L's. Have you throw one of those to give a comparison Koda?

A buddy of mine had some JL Eagle-Ls in his shop last fall. Nobody wanted them. He ended up auctioning them off and if I remember correctly he didn't get much for them. I don't know why. They felt awesome in the hand.

I have another friend that recently got an Innova order for his store and there were some Star Eagle-Ls in that batch.

I'll have to look through the whole inventory of them next time I go to Infinite. Would love them in star or jl. I am lucky enough to have two of the G* L's that didn't mold up disgustingly domey (I did get one of those too though). My star eagles seem to be waaaay more durable than the G*'s I have.

would you guys put an eagle L at typically a -1, 1 for turn/fade? really just missing that wing stabilizer, right? so they'll turn like an eagle but won't fight out of it as hard.

would you guys put an eagle L at typically a -1, 1 for turn/fade? really just missing that wing stabilizer, right? so they'll turn like an eagle but won't fight out of it as hard.

I'd say that is pretty accurate. Basically like a more HSS and slightly faster Leopard.

Well X's dont turn but yea -1,1 would be about right.

I think it depends on which run you throw. Most Eagle-Xs do have a bit of turn but there are some overstable runs that don't really do that unless they're really beat.

I guess you can call it turn, but there aint much there at all. Much easier to tell with the L mold.

Yeah, it's noticeable if you throw it up against discs like the Teebird. If you throw a fresh Teebird on a hyzer it will hold the hyzer, whereas an Eagle-X will pop up and ride a little and get a bit more distance.

Yeah, it's noticeable if you throw it up against discs like the Teebird. If you throw a fresh Teebird on a hyzer it will hold the hyzer, whereas an Eagle-X will pop up and ride a little and get a bit more distance.

See now those have always been the opposite for me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The discs are so close to each other I can see them flying very similar depending on the run and the throwing style of the player. I like to pair the more stable Teebird and the less stable Eagle-X runs. I have seen Teebirds that can hyzerflip out of the box but I prefer not to throw them.

Well folks, I'm going to have to agree AND disagree. A good Eagle X will develop some turn really early. Circle Stamp JLs, like the yellow one on the left, start true HSS and have no turn to start with. They'll stay beefy for s long while. Regular 12x Champ Eagle X's, like the green on on the right, start out at 0, but develop turn nearly as soon as the flashing comes off. My Stars are similar. One of each is a good OS pair.
I like my TBs with true 0 to -.5 at most HSS. I want the TB to hold the line, hit holes and fade forward. I want my Eagles to work around things with turn and come back hard. Or fight out of a turn and bite hard for hard flexes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 65
I picked through the whole inventory of eagles at Infinite yesterday and not one star or jl eagle L was to be found =(

The did have what looked like a jl x though. Compared to a circle stamp it had the same PLH and less dome, maybe a slightly less beefy nose if that makes sense. Looked like that nice pearly z that discraft runs. I am regretting now I didn't pick it up.

I picked through the whole inventory of eagles at Infinite yesterday and not one star or jl eagle L was to be found =(

The did have what looked like a jl x though. Compared to a circle stamp it had the same PLH and less dome, maybe a slightly less beefy nose if that makes sense. Looked like that nice pearly z that discraft runs. I am regretting now I didn't pick it up.

Star Eagle L's are a super rare breed, only like a dozen were made from what I believe. But champs shouldn't be too hard to find.