• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Thought I would necro this one because I picked up this Eagle today at PIAS for the heck of it. I believe it is an EX, really nice feeling champ run. Went out and threw it a bit today...wow! I have to say, it might be giving my Teebirds a run for their money.

Noticed earlier in this thread folks mentioned there isn't a huge difference between "12x" and "Twelve Time" runs. Which is good, I guess, because if I do end up bagging Eagles it will be easier to find replacements.

Attachments

• Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
Quick question for you Eagle experts. I was feeling up a few of the current 12x Champs, and I noticed some are opaque and some are more transparent. Based on the feel they all seemed to be EX molds, so I was just curious if there is a difference between those runs or if it just a cosmetic difference?

Quick question for you Eagle experts. I was feeling up a few of the current 12x Champs, and I noticed some are opaque and some are more transparent. Based on the feel they all seemed to be EX molds, so I was just curious if there is a difference between those runs or if it just a cosmetic difference?

I know the opaque one I have started out almost Firebird stable and has seasoned in to S-shot perfection. I've heard others say the same thing on here and know of couple local guys who have ones from that same run and they say the thing. It's definitely worth the pick-up if you have the opportunity.

I know the opaque one I have started out almost Firebird stable and has seasoned in to S-shot perfection. I've heard others say the same thing on here and know of couple local guys who have ones from that same run and they say the thing. It's definitely worth the pick-up if you have the opportunity.

Same here. But the opaque one I have also has a slightly different shoulder.

I have a couple opaque recent runs, both white. Oddly, they are both inked as "*EG", but they are champy more than star, maybe 20% star at most. They both have high PLH, blunt noses, and high shoulders. And they are amazing line shapers now that they fresh has been knocked off of them. Especially the one that scales at 176.7.

Attachments

• eg.jpg
    eg.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for the info - I ended up picking up a 171g opaque dayglow. I threw it for just a bit after work and it is definitely more stable than the PFN champ I picked up yesterday. The PFN is a little heavier (174g) but it is definitely more beat in. Looking forward to throwing these Eagles more. I will have to put them up against my Teebirds in the next few rounds and see what happens.

@davidrboy, that plastic looks really interesting. Is it pretty gummy/soft? It almost looks a little similar to some of the glow champ discs.

Thanks for the info - I ended up picking up a 171g opaque dayglow. I threw it for just a bit after work and it is definitely more stable than the PFN champ I picked up yesterday. The PFN is a little heavier (174g) but it is definitely more beat in. Looking forward to throwing these Eagles more. I will have to put them up against my Teebirds in the next few rounds and see what happens.

@davidrboy, that plastic looks really interesting. Is it pretty gummy/soft? It almost looks a little similar to some of the glow champ discs.

A little gummy. Not glow though. Champy with copper flakes/bubbles. Nose and PLH match circle stamp JLs from the proshop. Epic Eagles.

The new opaque run of X's are hogs. That's what we got for our club order and there right up there with 11x X's for OSness. Not quite factory store circle stamp os but pretty dang beefy. I haven't used mine enough to say how it breaks in, just hasn't been windy enough so I've only used it for some spike hizers and FH utility shots.

Dave, also included in our club order were 2 super pearly blue/transitional blue. They were both marked EG. I gave the prettier one to the guy that did our stamp and I kept the other one. I'll try to get a pic up. I won't be able to say how it flys, its going to be a hanger. It's weird though, of all the Eagles I've seen yours and these are the only EG marked.

This Eagle makes me smile. 175g Champ X mold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 116
A wonderful friend gave me this 174g Eagle X as a wedding gift! Big thanks! :thmbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 74
I've been playing DG for a bit now. I've always loved Teebirds so I've only really thrown Craves as my other "Go To" Fairway mold....

I've been toying around with Eagles recently and I have to say they are superior to the Teebird (At least for me).

The combo. of a slightly more workable HSS but a supercharged fade has me just loving this mold. I am already becoming enamored with the flight, feel and performance of this mold.

How have I never considered the Eagle as an option....?! If you like Teebirds but find them to be too straight, the Eagle is the disc you MUST try.

I've been playing DG for a bit now. I've always loved Teebirds so I've only really thrown Craves as my other "Go To" Fairway mold....

I've been toying around with Eagles recently and I have to say they are superior to the Teebird (At least for me).

The combo. of a slightly more workable HSS but a supercharged fade has me just loving this mold. I am already becoming enamored with the flight, feel and performance of this mold.

How have I never considered the Eagle as an option....?! If you like Teebirds but find them to be too straight, the Eagle is the disc you MUST try.

Yes x 1000 - drink the Eagle Cool-Aid!

Yes x 1000 - drink the Eagle Cool-Aid!

MMMmmmmmmm. Eagles.

picture.php