• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Ordered 4 x-out eagles from the factory store and 2 of them were JL L molds! Theyre even double stamped with the big circle stamp. Just have a bunch of black flecks in them. Excited to see how they fly.

On a whim picked up a dx eagle x yesterday and wow. That is a sneaky long disc

When I disced down I really preferred them over tb for distance shots. That reliable fade always kicked in to bring me back home after the crazy dx glide got me out there good and far.

On a whim picked up a dx eagle x yesterday and wow. That is a sneaky long disc

I use Dx Eagles and T-birds for this one over water hole because I can get them cheap and the flight is pretty much perfect for the shot. The only Eagles I've thrown there until recently were new, so they were fairly stable.

At last tournament, I bought some $4 used Dx ones to max out my credit. Holy cow what a difference. First, these are now leopard understable, and second, I'm not sure I've ever gotten a disc to fly that far with so little effort.

Useless on that hole now BTW, but fun discs.

Went down to the local climbing gym on my lunch break and sifted their old stash of discs. They don't order them anymore and haven't for about 5 years. Picked out a cherry red pre-flight champ L mold. Flat, grippy, fingerprinty, opaque goodness, 175g...$11.50...boom.

How does everyone prefer their Eagles?? I'm a longtime Teeb thrower (I know, I know..don't hate) and recently I picked up 2 SUPER opaque and flat champ Eagle Xs. How should I expect them to fly compared to a Teebird at about 380-400ft? Crappppppp weather so I can't get out and throw them.

Those super opaque flat champs are from a more recent run. They fly similar to the circle stamp JL Eagles. Very overstable. Think beat in Firebird.

Yeah, they're pretty overstable. Takes a lot to get any turn out of them and they have a very healthy fade. If you put them on an anhyzer line they may hold it a little longer than a Firebird but will always come out of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're pretty overstable. Takes a lot to get any turn out of them and they have a very healthy fade. If you put them on an anhyzer line they may hold it a little longer than a Firebird but will always come out of it.

Lord have mercy that sounds tasty. I just dropped one into the top of my Revo bag. Gotta try it out.

I just got a super gummy opaque pink champ "twelve time" Eagle X. How is this gonna fly compared to my newer non opaque firm champ "12 X" or a regular soft star eagle (*E)? I love Eagles and picked it up since I don't see the older twelve time stamp anymore.

The gummy opaque champs fly similar to the S-EX stars that have some dome to them with maybe a little more turn. At least the ones I have thrown. I haven't thrown too many from that run.

Those super opaque flat champs are from a more recent run. They fly similar to the circle stamp JL Eagles. Very overstable. Think beat in Firebird.

Picked one of these up at Titan in Cedar Rapids. I felt like it was just gonna be hoggish and 11x-esque, glad to hear some confirmation.

Picked one of these up at Titan in Cedar Rapids. I felt like it was just gonna be hoggish and 11x-esque, glad to hear some confirmation.

I can also attest to this, I bag 175 opaque and when new it had little to no turn with a hard, predictable fade. It's been in the bag now for a few months and seen some heavy use but I can honestly say it flies better each time i throw it.

Picked up this rare Star Eagle L from Marshall St this week. My first shaving cream dye (I don't like white discs, it snows too much here).

Its that gummy feeling star, marked *E on back.

Gonna throw it tomorrow against my 175g G* L and my champ (167g) pat# L.

picture.php

Ok I don't feel like scrolling through 46 pages of this thread. Can some please tell me the diferences between Eagle L, X and any other variation.

I just got a star Eagle, I have thrown it a few times and seems to fit the bill so how do I know what kind it is and how to get another one in the future. I just want an Eagle!

Eagle "L" is straighter. I prefer the "X", seems more versatile.

I assume the "L" is still made, saw a bunch of them last weekend in my regular shop along with the X's.

Don't trust the factory sharpie letter, I've seen them miss marked before, just look at the wing. Side by side it's pretty obvious.