• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

So how much is an unthrown, uninked 11x Champ Eagle-L going for these days? I have a yellow one with a silver stamp, 163g. AND a watermelon color one with a green stamp that's 150g.

Ohh I'm so excited that your 163 eagle is worth 20$ and your 150 eagle is worth 16$.

Here is one I sold then traded back for

IMAG1487.jpg

I keep two 11x in the bag, an X for hyzer finishes and shorter forehands and an L for straight shots. I had a long conversation recently with my brother (he pretty much throws the same discs I do) and I believe the eagle flies like a shorter controllable destroyer (for me anyway).

Dipped my toe into the Eagle aerie today with a round throwing my fresh 146 DX EX off the tee for 27 holes. I'm a noodle arm, throwing fairways 250/275, so the EX acts very stable - almost Teebird like - with hard fade when thrown hard. Can't wait to beat it up and get some turn out of it. Maybe it will kick my Gazelles/Cyclones out and pair beautifully with my Teebirds...

Dipped my toe into the Eagle aerie today with a round throwing my fresh 146 DX EX off the tee for 27 holes. I'm a noodle arm, throwing fairways 250/275, so the EX acts very stable - almost Teebird like - with hard fade when thrown hard. Can't wait to beat it up and get some turn out of it. Maybe it will kick my Gazelles/Cyclones out and pair beautifully with my Teebirds...
Eagle/Teebird is a potent combo, brother! Should handle all Fairway duties for sure. But the Gazelle is a great disc as well. Maybe keep the 3 disc punch of Eagle/Teebird/Gazelle. Never thrown Cyclones myself, but screw it, have the ultimate Fairway bag LOL

I keep two 11x in the bag, an X for hyzer finishes and shorter forehands and an L for straight shots. I had a long conversation recently with my brother (he pretty much throws the same discs I do) and I believe the eagle flies like a shorter controllable destroyer (for me anyway).

Exactly!

Eagle/Teebird is a potent combo, brother! Should handle all Fairway duties for sure. But the Gazelle is a great disc as well. Maybe keep the 3 disc punch of Eagle/Teebird/Gazelle. Never thrown Cyclones myself, but screw it, have the ultimate Fairway bag LOL
Bingo. I'm trying to find what, for me, the perfect compliment for my Teebirds is, and am trying to reduce my bag to four or five molds (Firebird/Teebird/Teebird compliment/Roc/Rhyno). Gazelles/Cyclones - functionally the same molds - are currently in that slot, and Eagles are being tried out. I like the pairing of EX/TB a lot so far, mostly because the discs feel so similar in my hand. Add in the Firebird and all of my drivers feel more or less the same. Leopards are also in line to be looked in to for that slot.

I threw an eagle for the first time about four months ago and liked it. Within the past month it has now become my go to driver. I love how I can throw it with a lot of speed and still know it's going to fade back at the end. I still carry the high speed drivers for when I need more distance but for any shot 300-350ft or when I need a controlled drive this is the disc I'm throwing. The eagle could slowly be replacing my rhyno as my favorite disc in my bag.

attachment.php

Attachments

• discs 018.jpg
    discs 018.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 271