• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

in all my time of discing, i NEVER threw an eagle. Then I bought a couple about a month ago. I am TOTALLY loving this disc. I haven't been wanting to throw my KC Teebird anymore, since I can't find an awesome backup to it.

I have 2 174 Champ EL's and 1 175 Champ EX. I rarely use the X, but love the EL's. They just go straight. I don't get any turn, i don't get any fade(maybe a super slight drop-off) (I throw my Eagles VERY low to the ground, 5-7' so there is little room for fading, which is perfect)

Want to buy more, but holding off until spring i think.

After a few rounds with my 150 DX EX, definitely in love with the disc. Lots of HSS and LSS - flies straighter than a beat DX Teebird (b/c TB needs to be flipped up gently, and then it will hold line) and has a good amount of fade. Of course the fade makes it shorter than a Teebird.

The crazy thing about the disc is that it feels much faster than a Teebird, especially on the first 50 or 100 feet of the throw. When I get a good hit, it's like the disc was launched by a cannon. The fade also is great for flex shots and line shaping. It also cuts the wind better than a Gazelles or Cyclones, so those are going to be dropped.

Teebirds have been my favorite driver for as long as I can remember, and a little part of me would be broken if I kicked them out of my bag in favor of another stable/understable driver (Leopard, e.g., which is on my to-test list). Perhaps there is a spot for all three? Right now there is room in the bag for Eagles and Teebirds, as I can hit lines (mostly straight w/o fade or right) with my beat DX Teebirds that I can't hit with the Eagle yet - it's just not beat enough.

I definately think there is a spot for all three. I think they are different enough and excel at different lines. Even from the point of view of keeping the molds down, I still don't think it's a problem. It is a nice spread of understable, stable and overstable, all very workable fairway drivers. It helps they all have small rims and can be thrown in the same plastic.

Here are my Eagles :)

BAA9B9C7-FC02-4858-A186-D164D9C4F8F5-22825-0000137DC4C74EAD_zps0afc39f1.jpg

I just started throwing eagles this year and they are definatly not coming out of the bag any time soon. Ignore the top two discs. Both the eagles on the bottom row are 175g X molds and the one on the right has a cool dyemax design.

ce.jpg

Does Innova make DX Eagle-X's with flight numbers on the stamp? I've purchased two DX Eagle-X's lately - one a couple months ago from my local "shop" and got one in the mail yesterday from Marshal Street. No issues /w either, but neither have flight #'s on them.

They probably just haven't gotten around to changing the stamp yet. I seem to remember that Champ Eagles are the only ones with flight numbers the last I noticed. Anyone seen numbers on a *EX?

They probably just haven't gotten around to changing the stamp yet. I seem to remember that Champ Eagles are the only ones with flight numbers the last I noticed. Anyone seen numbers on a *EX?

Yes, Star Eagles now have Flight Numbers.

And just to get this back to the top in style here's a few of my recent Eagle acquisitions...

attachment.php

172 Glow CE X
174 10x X
174 New Circle Stamp

Attachments

• eagles.jpg
    eagles.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 303
I picked up a few more since my last post.... I kinda got addicted.

null_zps22db7f50.jpg

Lost the 10x L and 11x L since that post. Haven't got a call on either.... yet.

Well I acquired a lot more since that and here's what I'm up to.

Top Row:
10x L, 10x X, Circle Stamped, 11x KC Pro, 11x KC Pro
Middle:
10x CE BLEND X, 4th Run CE X, 11x KC Pro, 11x KC Pro
Bottom:
11x L, Circle Stamped, 11x KC Pro

I got an ace with the Blue KC Pro and he's pretty much my baby. Hard to find him on some courses now-a-days so I don't throw him as much.

Enjoy! And keep throwing Eagles! :)

Eagle-X is probably my favorite driver.... I throw it on a lot of hole... Hyzers, annys, flex shots, and even some thumbers. 10x KCP Eag-X is THE hyzerflip driver for me. I don't throw it due to durability issues and not wanting to lose a disc that is 8.5/10 and SMEXY. (pics later) But man is it something... Just BOMBER throws if I flip it juuuust right. Also if you crank on it harder, it'll flip to turn...

11x E-xs are my go-to fairway. And distance driver on anything 320-400...

Dude!!! Nice!!! Are those all new too?

I like that minty 10x I've got a buddy who has it's twin. :) And the CE Also.

Yep, all new. The 10x just looks kinda smudgey from me feeling it up

Nice stash you've got yourself

Ill post mine up when I get home. I have a Champ + mold, semi opaque 11x and a 10x KC Pro....the 10x wasn't what I was expecting, plasticwise the disc itself is great, so I need to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I've heard they aren't the most durable and get flippy so I'm not sure I want to throw it....Would really like a champy 10x but I guess those are dollars......

Latest posts