• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

That plh pic makes it look like these are bringing the beef. Is the dome similar to your other stars?

Yeah, between the high PLH, blunt nose, and the almost inverse curve on the top wing, I'd be surprised if this thing flies anything other than a Firebird.

I got excited when I saw the email with a Barsby Eagle release, but was bummed when I saw that the only option was swirly star. I've made that mistake before. Even with cool swirls, the disc is still invisible in the rough. Might as well be tye dye.

Wow, I will never order from the Innova proshop again. Got my eagles in and it is the worst case scenario. They are olive green/brown/grey. Not sure why I would pay a premium for worse discs when I could just wait for resellers to stock them and cherry pick the good ones. Oh well, lesson learned.

Field tested the barsby eagles. They are incredibly stable. I threw them along side dx eagles, a regular star eagle,a star thunderbird, and banshee. I would say they are comparable to the star thunderbird and banshee. Definitely more of a utility overstable fairway for me then a workable one. Doesn't really fly like other eagles I've thrown.

Lost both of my DX eagles today and shot a personal worst at my home course. :wall::wall: They were so glidey and straight. Now I need to find suitable replacements. Hopefully not DX because they beat up too fast.

Field tested the barsby eagles. They are incredibly stable. I threw them along side dx eagles, a regular star eagle,a star thunderbird, and banshee. I would say they are comparable to the star thunderbird and banshee. Definitely more of a utility overstable fairway for me then a workable one. Doesn't really fly like other eagles I've thrown.

Sounds like the shorter Firebird I've been after. Too bad they're $25 and colored like the leaves I'd want to throw them amongst. Wish I could just hand-pick a regular, brightly colored Star(or Champ) with that flight. Or get a nice flat Banshee.

Sounds like the shorter Firebird I've been after. Too bad they're $25 and colored like the leaves I'd want to throw them amongst. Wish I could just hand-pick a regular, brightly colored Star(or Champ) with that flight. Or get a nice flat Banshee.

My sample size is only one disc, but mine isn't flying quite banshee stable. I'm getting a little turn and a nice strong fade. It'll pop up to flat on a shallow hyzer flip, and hold a moderate anny for roughly half the flight before the wing turns and starts bringing it back left. This is all BH, because my FH isn't strong enough for me to see much difference between discs on the stable/OS side of the spectrum.

All in all it's flying exactly how I consider "good" eagles to when fresh, but that's rather subjective.

My sample size is only one disc, but mine isn't flying quite banshee stable. I'm getting a little turn and a nice strong fade. It'll pop up to flat on a shallow hyzer flip, and hold a moderate anny for roughly half the flight before the wing turns and starts bringing it back left. This is all BH, because my FH isn't strong enough for me to see much difference between discs on the stable/OS side of the spectrum.

All in all it's flying exactly how I consider "good" eagles to when fresh, but that's rather subjective.

Wish I could compare PLH between ours and see if there are inconsistencies. The PLH on mine is literally 1/8" higher than any of my other eagles

There are some color glow eagle x's with air force stamps sitting on disc golf values that look intriguing. Anyone thrown them, and if so how is the dome and flight?

There are some color glow eagle x's with air force stamps sitting on disc golf values that look intriguing. Anyone thrown them, and if so how is the dome and flight?

We discussed them several pages back and the consensus was no one here has had any experience with them. I contacted discgolfvalues to ask about profile of the disc and they said they are consistent with other new run eagles.

We discussed them several pages back and the consensus was no one here has had any experience with them. I contacted discgolfvalues to ask about profile of the disc and they said they are consistent with other new run eagles.

Must have missed that, thanks for filling in. I'm planning on ordering some discs from disc golf values in the next day or two and will order a color glow eagle as well. I'll report back here once I have thrown it with profile pictures.

Wish I could compare PLH between ours and see if there are inconsistencies. The PLH on mine is literally 1/8" higher than any of my other eagles

I'll have to check one out next to a current run next time I'm at the pro shop. I'm throwing the older opaque 12Xs so my idea of normal is skewed towards the more OS side already. I'm not a fan of how they've been molding up lately (or how the plastic has been feeling) so I haven't bothered with any eagles from the last few years.

The most recent releases of champ have felt more promising, just waiting to see some eagles in it. Star seems to be feeling a little better too.

If they are the same as cfr color glow champ eagles then I can help. I would consider them domey for an eagle, slightly stiff and pretty OS out of the box. Had mine in my bag now for 6 about a year and its finally getting some glide to it. I just use it for headwinds pretty much.

If they are the same as cfr color glow champ eagles then I can help. I would consider them domey for an eagle, slightly stiff and pretty OS out of the box. Had mine in my bag now for 6 about a year and its finally getting some glide to it. I just use it for headwinds pretty much.

That's exactly what I'm hoping this one flies like. I ordered one from disc golf values last night so I should have it by the end of the week or next week and can report back here. I like the color glow plastic, and if its stable it'll definitely go in the bag.

That's exactly what I'm hoping this one flies like. I ordered one from disc golf values last night so I should have it by the end of the week or next week and can report back here. I like the color glow plastic, and if its stable it'll definitely go in the bag.

Yea I havent seen too many eagle x's lately that havent been overstable so I think you will be fine. But let us know.