• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

Hoey1

Double Eagle Member
The other thread got me thinking this may be a good place to ask a question if you're curious as to whether something is really special or not.

I'll start.

As far as I know, a giant nipple on the bottom of the disc does not make it collectible, just really easy (usually) to spin on your finger.

Post your questions, or links to questionable claims here, and I'm sure this board can set you straight.

Discuss.

Hoey said:
The other thread got me thinking this may be a good place to ask a question if you're curious as to whether something is really special or not.

I'll start.

As far as I know, a giant nipple on the bottom of the disc does not make it collectible, just really easy (usually) to spin on your finger.

Post your questions, or links to questionable claims here, and I'm sure this board can set you straight.

Discuss.

Giant dimple on SE rhynos make them more desirable, I dont know about other molds...

Roy said:
Hoey said:

I'll start.

Discuss.

Giant dimple on SE rhynos make them more desirable, I dont know about other molds...

I wonder why?

ooh, look, a fish!

Seen a new Epic still in the packaging, is it really worth the $10 the guy is asking for it?

:p sorry I had to

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-JAPAN-OPEN-CHAMPION-STAR-DESTROYER-GOLF-DISC-LOT_W0QQitemZ350100224360QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5183997968&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Why...?

Jeronimo said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-JAPAN-OPEN-CHAMPION-STAR-DESTROYER-GOLF-DISC-LOT_W0QQitemZ350100224360QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5183997968&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Why...?
well they look cool. but i bet the person who wins does not even pay.

He's had them up for like 6 months at least. I've been watching them to see if he drops the price, nope. I saw the exact same set go up as individual items and sell for $100 total less than 2 weeks ago. I just don't get it...

Hoey said:

I've always been more of a small nipple guy.

scottp said:
How about

Teebird
Eagle l
Eagle x
Firebird

New CE teebirds have been going for anywhere from $50 - $65 obviously depending on color and what not.

New CE Firebirds have been about the same but I would say about $10 less than your average Teebird would. They aren't far behind but clearly there is more desire for Teebirds.

Eagles tend to be the least desireables. They sell as low as $30 and possibly as high as $50. Lighter eagles seem to go for more but overall the Eagles are definitely the least desireable.

For used ones knock like $5-$10 off any of the above.

Those new Dave Hoey stamped discs at MS should be collectible, no?

How about CE JLS? Are these rare like all your other CE discs on the market? I don't hear much talk about them. I love the JLS and I love my CE leopards but I've never had a CE JLS, sounds pretty good to me...

Jeronimo said:
How about CE JLS? Are these rare like all your other CE discs on the market? I don't hear much talk about them. I love the JLS and I love my CE leopards but I've never had a CE JLS, sounds pretty good to me...
sure they are rare, just not sought after, i wouldnt pay more than 25 bones or so

this one is pretty sweet looking

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gateway-Glo-Wizard-Lord-of-the-Rings-Dye-Golf-Disc_W0QQitemZ160361391409QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item255648a531&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14