• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Etiquette and pet peeves

Not sarcasm or lying. Disc Golf for Jesus Christ will be a down-to-earth and relatable ministry, showing folks that you don't have to give up EVERYTHING in order to get acquainted with Jesus. We will not be in your face, and will respect any and all requests of disinterest.

Not sarcasm or lying. Disc Golf for Jesus Christ will be a down-to-earth and relatable ministry, showing folks that you don't have to give up EVERYTHING in order to get acquainted with Jesus. We will not be in your face, and will respect any and all requests of disinterest.

I'm very disinterested, please do not bring it up again. Thanks!

I had some guy come up to me and start chatting it up last time I threw Deis Hill. Thought he was just a friendly golfer but after a minute or two of bsing he throws his first punch:

"the governments printing trillion dollar bills now, you ever see one?"

oh **** me i think, I know exactly what dumb **** is on these million and trillion dollar bills.

He gives his little speech about eternity and Jesus and I politely listen, then accept his The Atheist Challenge booklet he offered me when I told him I rank God up there with Santa and the Easter Bunny as dumb fairy tale **** I think is silly to believe in.

I thought thay booklet might give me and my girlfriend some laughs but we didn't even make i past page 2 before i tossed it because o how frustratingly DUMB its arguements were. Trying to say **** like a banana is curved to make is convenient for humans to eat and that is proof bananas had an intelligent designer that is none other than the judeochristian God and not one of the other 5,000 interpretations different cultures have as to who and what God is. What a crock of ****.

Keep religion off the course. If I want a preachig to about why I need a fairytale to control my life I'll ****in go to church. That's not what I'm looking for when I drive 45 minutes on my day off to go golf a badass course.

lol God made a curved banana? You should of called him the banana man and walked off! We carefully cultivated and selectively bred bananas to not be full of seeds and have that shape.

The guy in Mike C's story could have been proselytizing about any host of things, many of which are not religious in nature, and he still would have been annoying. Anyone who's had a friend, family member or co-worker get hooked up with an outfit like Amway and tried to get you into it with them would agree with me on that.

Proselytizers suck.

Proselytizing to strangers is wholly and totally inappropriate. Please do us all a huuuuge favor and keep your sales pitch to yourself.

I'm very disinterested, please do not bring it up again. Thanks!

The guy in Mike C's story could have been proselytizing about any host of things, many of which are not religious in nature, and he still would have been annoying. Anyone who's had a friend, family member or co-worker get hooked up with an outfit like Amway and tried to get you into it with them would agree with me on that.

Proselytizers suck.

^This and ^that.

It wont be to strangers guys. Im not into the door to door Jehovah's Witness type deal. We will be out, wearing clothing with our messages on them, throwing discs with our messages on them, and that will be the farthest we go with strangers. We will have tents set up at local tourneys, and folks can approach us if they want.

Again, we are not in your face, because, as someone who was in your position before, I see that that method isn't appealing and doesn't work.

Proselytizers suck.
AMEN! :hfive:

er, huh, I meant "I agree." :p

Proselytizing to strangers is wholly and totally inappropriate. Please do us all a huuuuge favor and keep your sales pitch to yourself.

^This and ^that.

It can go both ways. I know some Christans and familys don't care to hear all the swearwords on the course either, everytime you miss a putt or a drive. So why don't you do us a favor , and keep that to yourself also.

It wont be to strangers guys. Im not into the door to door Jehovah's Witness type deal. We will be out, wearing clothing with our messages on them, throwing discs with our messages on them, and that will be the farthest we go with strangers. We will have tents set up at local tourneys, and folks can approach us if they want.

Again, we are not in your face, because, as someone who was in your position before, I see that that method isn't appealing and doesn't work.

Look, you're new to this site, and in your post history this is the only thread where you mentioned religion, so I'll be brief:
DON'T talk about religion on DGCR---it'll end badly, with threadlock, infractions, and bannings. I'm not interested in your plans for infiltrating the DG scene, as if it was a hotbed of sin and idolatry that needs salvation. Knock it off. :thmbdown:
And that's my pet peeve for today.

It can go both ways. I know some Christans and familys don't care to hear all the swearwords on the course either, everytime you miss a putt or a drive. So why don't you do us a favor , and keep that to yourself also.

I didn't realize that as a non-Christian I was required to swear loudly in public places. Does this mean I can only act with common courtesy in general if I'm baptized, or does this rule only apply to swearing?

I've played in MS, FL, WA and liberal ol' OR, and except for one buddy who mutters curses under his breath[you'd have to be within 30 ft.] and some tourneys[which I don't much attend] I don't hear lots of cussing. It must be a Texas thang. :p :D :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that as a non-Christian I was required to swear loudly in public places. Does this mean I can only act with common courtesy in general if I'm baptized, or does this rule only apply to swearing?

Guys, we're heading for the landfill here :rolleyes:...

Lets just say some people's peeves are:
• People who proselytize.
• Golfers who curse/swear when they miss (personally, I'm guilty of that more often than I'd like to admit :eek:).

People that just stroll across the fairway, thinking its just another part of the park, and when you yell at them to move, and that they are on a disc golf course, they look at you like you just farted.

People on cell phones walking around the fairway.
Once had a guy just kind of creeping around the course on his phone. At one point, he sees me coming and sits down right between me and the basket for a putt.
The course is installed in a park where the primary function is a walking trail going all the way around.

Also, disc golfers who act like douche bags when you try to say hi or small talk. When someone puts forth effort you can at least pull back the stink eye for a sec.

My absolute biggest pet peeve is getting thrown on. Last time it happened we let them play through then returned the favor.

^Thereby reinforcing to them that throwing on someone is acceptable behavior. I usually choose to calmly explain to people how dangerous and rude it is rather than perpetuating the dangerous and rude behavior by engaging in it myself.

Hmm, it appears Clearwatergate isn't over after all... :\

Nah, it wasn't that bad. We waited until they were close to the basket, and out of our range, before firing. We should have just talked to them and explained the risk and danger but you'd think it's common sense when they almost hit us.