• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Etiquette and pet peeves

my pet peeve is people that are way to serious about disc golf.

Mine is people who get way to mad, and proceed to scream about bad putts/drives. I've let out a muffled curse or two (or several) but screaming is just ridiculous.

I actually almost had to beat up one of these over tempered individuals on day while playing with surgeflx87 out at Shorewood Park. I asked him to stop yelling, because other people were trying to play as well. He asked if I wanted my ass beat, I asked how long I'd have to wait until he found someone tough enough, and then stood up. He reconsidered.
-funny part, I'm not even that big, 6 foot 160lbs.

There are multiple issues I take with people on the dg course, but littering and slow play (then not allowing to play through), and the obnoxious/shirtless drunkards have to be the worst (normally the ones producing the litter, as well).

I've run into quite a few photogs on the course as well, but that doesn't really bother me. Most of the time a city adds a course to an already established park, so who am I to say that I have more of a right to that chunk of land that I see as a fairway, while you see it as a perfect backdrop for the shot? I've just asked that they give me a moment to play through and be aware of a fast flying object that could possibly end up their direction. Usually a little bit of a joking tone sets up for a pleasant encounter for both parties, and both can go about their business.

Lastly, the groups of 8 "pro's" all toting chairs and bags of 39 discs that feel the need to use said chair while studying every freaking shot, and not while playing a tourney, that has to be one of my largest pet peeves. I understand popping a squat in between holes and chatting it up, but the amount of time it takes to use your chair on every hole with every stinking shot, well, I could breeze through 3 rounds in the time it takes for you to finish one. The worst part is that these groups seem to get awfully offended whenever you ask to play through, as if they own the course because they've been around a while. As much as I respect their experience and time involved in the game, I'm sorry to say that I don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to a round. They seem to get pretty puffy chested and insulted that you don't do as they do, and that you would dare ask them to be considerate and allow you to pass through, so the angry stares come in bounties as you throw on by.

I played with a guy on a daily basis who always brought his 2 dogs.

Im a huge dog lover but he never picked up their **** and they pissed on everything including the base of the baskets every time.

I asked him if he could leave the dogs at home and he told me that if I wanted to golf with him I better get used to the dogs...

I havent golfed with him in over a year :clap:

Two I encountered this weekend (same person).
Lying about score on a hole. sorry that hole sucked for you, but even I can count to six.

Telling me how to play my game. I don't need you to tell me that the hyzer line is my best option, in fact maybe I'll throw a thumber just to spite you, wait now i'm letting you get in my head, hyzer it is, don't tell me how to play my game.

I can't tell if you're being a troll or if you seriously call skrillex good dubstep.

Don't know much about dubstep. Heard about him from my nephew who DJ's downtown MPLS. I can put up with Skrillex. Although I am more of a Fatboy slim/Tiesto listener. Original poster complained about loud music, specifically dubstep.

I played with a guy on a daily basis who always brought his 2 dogs.

Im a huge dog lover but he never picked up their **** and they pissed on everything including the base of the baskets every time.

I asked him if he could leave the dogs at home and he told me that if I wanted to golf with him I better get used to the dogs...

I havent golfed with him in over a year :clap:

but you have been playing for 0.8 years.

children in general

who needs em amirite?

Very few children I've met have ever been a problem on the course, especially those in a stroller. The real problems are the mentally deficient, narcissistic, oblivious teenagers and adults out there. :doh:

Here recently the dungeons and dragons click from the local hs have been LARKing on the back 9. I dont mind them living in their fantasy world, but they see you on the teepad and yet still continue to beat the piss out of each other with foam covered duck taped whiffle ball bats to see who captures the the fort (aka #10 and #11 baskets). I'm happy they are getting their exercise and all, but they are building "castles" out of limbs in the fairways and tearing out the teepad signs as spoils of war.

Vandalism

This past weekend we installed concrete teepads at a course being used for upcoming Worlds. This morning, while I was removing the plastic tents we set up over the teepads, I found that someone had tried to carve their initials into a teepad. Needless to say, I was pissed.