• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Etiquette and pet peeves

I can't stand it when someone is standing to the right of the teebox when I am driving. It breaks my concentration. I have to ask people to move all the time.

^ getting hit in the head because someone doesnt yell fore or cant wait 5 min til your off the hole,isnt little stuff.

i enjoy my rounds,im competetive though.none of the stuff i listed is good or good to be around. if u can deal with any of that,good for u. some of use take it serious because we love the sport.

if u love it,u should be able to respect it.

I hate when you're BOB and as your aiming your shot you can hear everyone around you picking up their bags and ready to walk to their lie, then they stop and it gets quiet and you feel rushed.

I play with two guys who are helen keller quiet when they throw but I step up on the teepad and they turn into robin williams on espresso and speed. they nice me a lot too. and bum discs they will then lose. ahh friends.

Littering. I get really peeved when I have to ask to play through. If you see people waiting behind you on every single Teepad you should stop and let them play through. How hard is that?

I hate it when people tell. Me what disc I should throw. Unless you have my exact bag, I probably know what my discs do for me more than you do.

Littering. I get really peeved when I have to ask to play through. If you see people waiting behind you on every single Teepad you should stop and let them play through. How hard is that?

I'd rather ask to play through than wait for 5 minutes on a teepad for somebody to clear off the hole.

One of my biggest peeves is when the group ahead of me knows I'm waiting on the tee pad -- or should know -- and they loiter around the basket after they finish putting to tally their scores. Well hell, one of my biggest peeves is when there's a group ahead of me and I have to wait, but that's just something I have to live with. :)

I hate it when people tell. Me what disc I should throw. Unless you have my exact bag, I probably know what my discs do for me more than you do.

In ball golf there's a rule that forbids this sort of discussion. I have to wonder if it came into being because somebody on the rules committee had the same pet peeve as you. ;)

I've got a few, but I got really irked this past Saturday. So I caught up to a group of 4, they cleared out, teed off on the next hole but then waited for me to play through, much appreciated by me. A guy in the group chatted with me and told me I should play in the monthlies, I shook his hand and continued with my round, appreciating the group for being nice/letting me play through and advocating for the local league. Then, with four or five holes left, I caught up to a group of three who continued to throw even after seeing me (solo) waiting for them to clear off the hole. On the second to last hole, they say, "We'll be out of your hair in a minute" and I said cool, thinking it was their last hole (no one starts on the first hole, the road to the parking lot is closed in winter). I finish said hole and find they're playing the next hole (my last) and get really annoyed. So they finish and don't yell clear, the basket is uphill and to the right, can't see it from the tee pad. I play the hole and as I'm walking to the car, they're sitting on the bench of the next hole and talk to me about playing in the monthlies and I was polite and talked to them and finished by saying have a good round. Turns out it was their last hole and they were waiting for me to try and convince me to play in the monthlies while I waited for their group for 5 holes because they wouldn't let me play through. WHAT THE HELL! Sorry to rant, but it really peeved me that experienced players wouldn't let me play through for 5 holes and then waited for me to try and get me to play monthlies, really it was f'n rude.

Next day I accidentally threw onto a group because I assumed there was no one in front of me :doh: Turns out three dudes were just out of my line of sight, I apologized and they were awesome about it. I'll never forget to check blind holes now, that was an awful feeling when I saw that I threw on a group that I don't want to feel again, my heart rate jumped to like 150 when I realized it.

When someone creates a sale thread and then NEVER checks it. I don't mean like 2 days but weeks later have still not responded to PMs or updated the thread.
Not related to actual play but still annoying haha.

People breaking branches is brutal. That would get you stroked even in a casual round in these parts.

My peeve, cuz I don't see it here, is people who don't understand how to take a stance in the bush. They are bending branches and trees out of their way, holding back branches with their body, etc. Just take a stance that minimizes the amount of movement of the foliage. If that means you have to get down on the ground....too bad....don't throw in the woods next time

When someone creates a sale thread and then NEVER checks it. I don't mean like 2 days but weeks later have still not responded to PMs or updated the thread.
Not related to actual play but still annoying haha.

lol I bet that is annoying.

Casuals on the course during a tournament is what really bothers me. Played my first sanctioned of the year on sunday, it happened to be a beautiful day so before the second round started the casuals were unbearable. There were signs saying tournament in progress but they still thought they could jump ahead of all of us. I know you wanna play so golf but if you pull into the parking lot and its filled you should probably go elsewhere.

PS: There is no such thing as good dubstep. Dubstep isnt even music

You know what probably irritates those casual players? Tournament players who think they own the course when the park wasn't reserved for the event...

Unsupervised children. I was out yesterday with a friend and a group of hillbillies were playing in front of us. There were 5 adults, and 6 kids, ranging anywhere from <1 year old to maybe 8. They would get to the teepad and immediately start throwing so we couldn't play through, and all the dudes were screaming and swearing after every throw at the top of their lungs. The best part was that the kids would be left behind on the hole before them to hang on the baskets and generally get in the way. We had enough when they took a smoke break in the MIDDLE OF THE FAIRWAY on hole 10 and I asked that they get out of the way so we could finish before the sun went down. I got a dirty look but being 6'3 with a menacing beard (with a 6'2 buddy behind me) kept it at that and they cleared out. :wall:

I have a few that bother me when you have people warming up on a practice basket before a mini or a tournament.

Say you have 4 people with 2 putter each and a 5th guy walks up with 6 putters and expects everyone to wait to retrieve their putters till after he has finished with his stack.

Or when everyone is practicing in or around the circle but one guy is practicing his 80'ers. I don't even understand that, if you have to warm up your 80' putt you need to work on your drive, not your putt.

Things that bother me;
People moving around in front of me while im tying to putt
Talking while others throw/putt
People that throw more than a couple drives
People that putt every disc they threw, mostly bosses on a 250 ft hole
Littering

Things i will assault you for;
Throwing into me when i havent finished the hole, obviously not random stray drives, accidents happen, but stupidity gets dealt with.

Hitting me when throwing into me, this is seperate from above. The above assault is for your lack of respect for me and others and the chance you could have hurt me. This is going to be much much worse since it actually did likely hurt me.

Tearing up a park/baskets/pads doesnt matter.

Basket thieving, sort of falls under the last one but its a little different

People that blame their poor putting on my not standing still or at attention while they putt.

People that blame their poor putting on my low volume conversation with a buddy.

All on casual rounds of course, Tourny's are a different animal.

I feel like the being still and quiet thing is about respect for my competitors. I am quiet and still (usually behind his lie so line of sigt distraction isnt an issue either) and i feel that when its not reciprocated that shows their lack of respect for me. I want to give my competitors the best chance to win so when they lose they have nothing to blame it on. So giving them the Best chance to concentrate and least amount of distractions is the only thing i can influence. If people are petty enough to resort to mind games and bein childish i can adjust to it but id prefer i just get the same respect i try to give to others.