• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Etiquette and pet peeves

I feel like the being still and quiet thing is about respect for my competitors. I am quiet and still (usually behind his lie so line of sigt distraction isnt an issue either) and i feel that when its not reciprocated that shows their lack of respect for me. I want to give my competitors the best chance to win so when they lose they have nothing to blame it on. So giving them the Best chance to concentrate and least amount of distractions is the only thing i can influence. If people are petty enough to resort to mind games and bein childish i can adjust to it but id prefer i just get the same respect i try to give to others.

I understand. I'm not talking mind games or distractions, but my peeve is when , in a casual game, someone blows a putt and blames the person in the group that was talking with a buddy or "was in the line of sight"! Give me a break! Not talking a tourny, just a group playing together and by line of sight they mean off to the side, Not attempting to distract or cross in front of.......

Things i will assault you for;
Throwing into me when i havent finished the hole, obviously not random stray drives, accidents happen, but stupidity gets dealt with.

Hitting me when throwing into me, this is seperate from above. The above assault is for your lack of respect for me and others and the chance you could have hurt me. This is going to be much much worse since it actually did likely hurt me.

Interwebz tuf guys are pretty annoying as well.

Probably the worst for me is the groups of good players with chairs thing. They are by far the slowest players, just as bad a groups of hillbillies in my book. They should know better.

Other things that bug me.

People that play loud 70's music. You seriously haven't got tired of the same stuff for the last 40 years? Is it that it is just too much work to find new bands you like? I was sick of it by the time punk rock came out. Thankfully they are usually the types that let me play through.

When you help someone look for a disc and they just stand and watch you look. Maybe this doesn't seem odd, but noone seems to notice how often the person that lost a disc isn't actually looking for it.

When I show up for a solo round on a busy hilly course and everyone lets me play through. That crap gets tiring.

I've got a stupid pet peeve: people who call it a "game" instead of a "round". For example, "I'm not having a very good game today" or "What are we doing after this game?".

i hate when people are ready to putt, then look and see that another persons disc may be a tiny bit further out then theirs. they then step back and say "oh i think your out" then the guy who may be out has to walk up to his disc (usually is kinda far away from the disc, because he was waiting out of the way for the other guy to initially take his putt) its annoying when someone who is ready to putt but then makes someone else go before them who isnt as ready to putt(standing by his lie)
takes up time and time is money! and it gives off the signal they are scared or nervous to putt and they wanna see how someone else putts.

Things i will assault you for;
Throwing into me when i havent finished the hole, obviously not random stray drives, accidents happen, but stupidity gets dealt with.

Hitting me when throwing into me, this is seperate from above. The above assault is for your lack of respect for me and others and the chance you could have hurt me. This is going to be much much worse since it actually did likely hurt me.

Tearing up a park/baskets/pads doesnt matter.

Basket thieving, sort of falls under the last one but its a little different

Interwebz tuf guys are pretty annoying as well.

Come at me bro

LOL......I'll wait until you are 150 down the fairway before I throw in on you

I sure hope this is all a joke. :doh: This game is not about this. Either way, to stay on topic, my pet peeve is people who think they are Pro's that play in Intermediate or Rec divisions.

I had a guy lambaste me, Thumber you'll like this, when I got up on the first hole of a tourney and parked a 290ft Thumber directly under the basket. This guy told me that it should "be considered cheating" and "I should go learn a backhand". The same guy, whom tried to call foot faults, when people were 40 or so feet out. We had to walk off 4 or more putts to prove this guy wrong. I think he yelled at the wind once or twice after dinking 10 footers off the side of the basket.

Best was in a tournament I played in. Player yelled at his girlfriend for walking away from last hole and blamed her for the missed putt that might have put him on the podium. Lol, she was like...hey, shut up. You could have waited until I walked away to putt.

There were signs saying tournament in progress but they still thought they could jump ahead of all of us.

They can. The same reason you didn't call the police - because they would laugh. Public parks = not your park, even on tourney day.

Depends, you actually can get the cities permission to close down other park activities, but without that, it's just a suggestion.

@ CTRobuck....yes it is just me havin fun

Love the people who hate the overhand. makes it so sweet when you rain one in within 5 feet of the basket. good point though. People who think there is only one type of throw are annoying

Also very funny are golfers who go sideways because some other OPU sets up in the middle of the "fairway" for a picnic

Dude, you realize the only people who even see a fairway are other DGrs right? Everyone else just sees a park

Last edited:
The banter between Thumber and I was in good fun.
My comments in regard to the consequences of throwing at me were very real.
If youre goig to be a jerk, you better be able to outrun me or my driver

The banter between Thumber and I was in good fun.
My comments in regard to the consequences of throwing at me were very real.
If youre goig to be a jerk, you better be able to outrun me or my driver

AWESOME :rolleyes:

But I guess if it is on purpose, than you are free to do what you need. I have been hit into on a ball golf course, hit and broke my toe. I am sure a high speed driver to the head wouldn't feel good either though. Just becareful whom you mess with, they may have ninja skills you aren't aware of!

Last edited:
Man, I say one thing and everyone gets butt hurt. I thought it was a thread about etiquette and pet peeves, sorry mine isnt what everyone wanted. For the record the course will be expanded into a 27 hole course this summer to allow tournaments on the 18 and casuals on the 9.

My pet peeves are:

When my casual buddies swipe their disc into my butt crack and yell "credit card!"
When someone swipes their disc into someones genitals and yells "front credit!"

When someone piles leaves/debris over your disc before you get to it and watch you look around for it.
Okay, that last one was me...also the second one.

My pet peeves are:

When my casual buddies swipe their disc into my butt crack and yell "credit card!"
When someone swipes their disc into someones genitals and yells "front credit!"

When someone piles leaves/debris over your disc before you get to it and watch you look around for it.
Okay, that last one was me...also the second one.

If this happens in your group you may have some other things to attend to.

Also, remind me to never play a round with you. :|

I played with a guy on a daily basis who always brought his 2 dogs.

Im a huge dog lover but he never picked up their **** and they pissed on everything including the base of the baskets every time.

I asked him if he could leave the dogs at home and he told me that if I wanted to golf with him I better get used to the dogs...

I havent golfed with him in over a year :clap:

Buddy of mine let his dog ****e on the course and left it there. Next day, he stepped in it. Karma's a bitch.