• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

F**ker had my disc!!!

Elevated Plastic said:
Nug for return on your disc, never fails
it does fail about 50% of the time for me. on all my discs i write $REWARD FOR RETURN* (dollar sign on one end leaf on the other) and i get calls on maybe 50% of lost discs and im always happy to give 5 bones or a bowl to the returner

:lol: i actually play with a cop from time to time and whenever someone tries to pass him the pipe he answers "no thanks i work for the sherriffs dept" and 90% of the time people take it as a joke, guess you found the 10% that take jokey comments too seriously

Jesse B 707 said:
Elevated Plastic said:
Nug for return on your disc, never fails
it does fail about 50% of the time for me. on all my discs i write $REWARD FOR RETURN* (dollar sign on one end leaf on the other) and i get calls on maybe 50% of lost discs and im always happy to give 5 bones or a bowl to the returner

This is probably a stupid question, but what is a bowl?

I just wanted to say that I had a good laugh on Saturday. I was looking at some discs a guy had for sale. I looked at the bottom of the discs and they had a number but instead of a name, it said " Instant Karma". I had to laugh.

I try to write something catchy and funny on my discs with my digits, hoping that if I get a laugh they'll be more likely to return it. Some in my bag are...

"Free Karma Points -Ask For TJ"

"Dont Be Wack-Give this Back!!" (personal favorite)

"Are you my homie? Then show me!"

It's worked a couple of times...but I've also had a couple non-calls that were lost forever. Disc Nation is based here in Austin, they have a lost and found policy at their retail store where if you bring in somebody's disc, they will hold it there until they can come pick it up, and you get a few bucks off something in the store (as well as some good karma). It's brilliant b/c it always gives me an excuse to buy a new disc, as well as provides motivation for those with less integrity to bring a lost disc back.

Seanzerelli said:
I found a 10x kc pro Teebird the other day, it has like 3 or 4 names on it lmao.

Now that brings up a good question. I sometimes buy discs from others with their name, or someone else's name. What do you do in that situation? Do you just mark the names out with a marker?

Midnightbiker said:
Seanzerelli said:
I found a 10x kc pro Teebird the other day, it has like 3 or 4 names on it lmao.

Now that brings up a good question. I sometimes buy discs from others with their name, or someone else's name. What do you do in that situation? Do you just mark the names out with a marker?

ya, that's about all you can do. a couple discs that were given to me have solid-black on the bottom due to this. :roll:

All the discs I buy from play it again sports I mark out the name and put PIAS then my info. If you want it back no problem just give me what I paid PIAS for it.

I usually draw an arrow from the old name then print my name, the date and either bought, sold or given to. This lets people know how I got the disc without looking like I swiped it.
Plus, I think crossed out names on a disc look ugly.

Welp, just happened to me. Several friends and I were playing the upper course at Sylmar warming up for the Summertime Open tomorrow. On the 18th hole my Star TL and 2 of my friend Jake's Rocs <one a virtually brand new Super Roc> went out into one of the various paved roads that run through the park. We hadn't left the tee yet when we saw a red Jeep Wrangler pull up, a guy get out, take all 3 of our discs and take off while we were yelling at him to leave them there.

Midnightbiker said:
Seanzerelli said:

A little nail polish remover and a cotton ball, I've done this a few times (use it to remove stamps as well)-acetone would work too, but nail polish remover seems less harsh and is probably easier to find. Make sure you rinse it afterwards to avoid damaging the plastic.

Parks said:
Whenever I find a disc with a name I write "is gay" after the name and throw it.

Well, of course, that's not "P.C.," but it's funny.

You could also write, "...is a doody head," or "can't throw worth sh*t!" :lol:

I was throwing some midrange shots at the practice basket at my local course the other day, and there was a guy doing the same close to me. On several of his beat up practice discs all he had on the back was "Congratulations! You found a disc!"

GorillaTactics said:
I was throwing some midrange shots at the practice basket at my local course the other day, and there was a guy doing the same close to me. On several of his beat up practice discs all he had on the back was "Congratulations! You found a disc!"

that original

I had a guy who was selling some discs at the local course and I was looking at them. On the back of his discs, it said "Instant Karma" with a phone number. It made me laugh and I thought it was cool.