• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

F**ker had my disc!!!

black udder said:
it's rare that I lose a disc, most of the time I bloody leave them on the course, so I'm extra careful about throwing multiple shots now.

For me, that's the worst, because it is so easily avoided. I left a brand new DX Teebird on the practice field one day. Just forgot to look for it. I didn't have my info on it, but if I had, I would probably not have gotten it back anyway. What ate me up is that whoever found it probably didn't even know what it was for and ended up chucking it in a box with seldom used sports equipment. I can still imagine my yellow T-Bird sitting there wishing it had been used to its full potential. :cry:

I leave a lot of my disc out on the course as well. The last one I left was a Black First Run TeeRex. Luckily some guys I was talking to before I played were a few holes behind me so when I realized I left it and started back tacking they had picked it up knowing it was mine.

krusen said:
black udder said:
it's rare that I lose a disc, most of the time I bloody leave them on the course, so I'm extra careful about throwing multiple shots now.

For me, that's the worst, because it is so easily avoided. I left a brand new DX Teebird on the practice field one day. Just forgot to look for it. I didn't have my info on it, but if I had, I would probably not have gotten it back anyway. What ate me up is that whoever found it probably didn't even know what it was for and ended up chucking it in a box with seldom used sports equipment. I can still imagine my yellow T-Bird sitting there wishing it had been used to its full potential. :cry:

Even worse - I throw for practice out at a local high school, on the football field. I chucked one out over the baseball field and when I went to retrieve it, I saw little pieces of disc everywhere...not mine, but somebody had left one out there and the lawn mower had just chewed it up into tiny pieces. I couldn't find a chunk big enough to ID the mold, so I'm sticking to the idea that it was someone elses and not one I left out there on another practice day.

I had a friend that found a disc and posted it on a local disc golf website. The guy that claimed it had lost that disc 4 years ago before. I thought it was funny.

I had a few drinks one beautiful day on the course and left a second shot Star Wraith on the last freaking hole. First round I played with it and now it is being thrown by somebody else. I've since stopped throwing that extra shot. Because I'm sure I will still have a few beverages on certain days when the time is right.

dvlcek said:
I had a few drinks one beautiful day on the course and left a second shot Star Wraith on the last freaking hole. First round I played with it and now it is being thrown by somebody else. I've since stopped throwing that extra shot. Because I'm sure I will still have a few beverages on certain days when the time is right.

I left a disc on the course once. Now I carry the same amount of discs every time I play and make sure I count them frequently. Haven't lost one since.

i only get call backs after i play courses out of my area. so they call.. tell me they found the disc. i say "uh... crap, you can have it i guess." sucks.

i've left some nice discs on my local course. no call backs. freakin hippies.

I have been known to limpwrist the occasional putt.

I've lost 4 discs all at the same course, all with my name and phone on them. I generally don't leave them lying around. I'll look for all the time it takes to find them because I really can't afford new discs often at all. These repeated losses led me to abandon that course as my home and switch to my other local course, which as it turns out is a better environment anyways.

Yeah its unfortunate but I know the 3+ years I have played DG I have lost probably 25 discs. Out of that I have only gotten about 4 or 5 calls and have gotten them returned.
I pretty much assume that when I lose a disc its gone forever. I just chalk it up as a loss !! And move on.

Honestly, I just dont have alot of confidence in much of the disc golf community and its morals. Dont get me wrong there are some really good people out there but there are also a lot of punks who play that have no scruples whatsoever.
You usually can spot them right away right when you run into them on the course. As one poster said earlier they are just plain TRASH !! Straight from the trailer park. Just "gutter personalities" and for me personally I would love to find one of these low life nub holes with one of my discs with my name in his bag.
Make NO mistake about it I would take my boot and stick it up his cheese caked bung hole and twist it until his rat smelling fecal lined Colon is judiciously splattered all over the first tee off
pad !!! :evil:

I used to call people when I found a disc, but it was such a headache most of the time. They would say, "meet me at this time" then not show up, or we'd play phone tag for a few weeks.

So now I avoid this problem and just don't pick up any discs that aren't mine. Of course, if I find something really rare and valuable I'll pick it up and try to return it, but that's never happened.

Question: Is there any disc out there that, if you found with a name and number on it, you wouldn't return because it was so valuable to you? For instance, if I came across an old KC Pro Teebird, KC Pro Gazelle or a rare special blend Roc I'd have a really hard time dialing that number.

It's all about Karma...theoretically you do a good deed and one comes your way sometime. My home course here in Portland has a drop box; if I find a disc I make the call and let them know I put the disc in the box and if they want it back they can contact the local merchant who stores them for a month. If they are not picked up the discs are donated to local children's agencies that give them to kids. It allows me to do the right thing and puts the responsibility of getting the disc back on the owner. If it is important, the owner can get it back, if not then at least the disc goes to a good cause. I never expect to get a disc back and only put my info on them in the hopes that someone I know finds it; if that happens I get them back, if not, hey I have spares (not as broke in, but hey the fun is in the breaking in right?). Heroic deeds are not done for an audience, they are done because it's the right thing to do.

The only discs I'd have a hard time returning would be my own. If someone had taken or bought my disc and lost it, I'd have no trouble keeping it. As per my previous post, out at one of my local courses, there's a guy who goes around the course every morning looking for lost plastic, he then crosses out names and attempts to sell them used. Strangely, this didn't seem to bother course denizens until he actually found someone's entire bag <they'd been smoking the funny cigarettes and just randomly left it out on a teepad>. This fool attempted to sell off the entire bag. The locals were not happy.

The best is when someone calls you up and gives you a general description so that you think you're going to get a different disc back than you actually do.

This has actually happened to me. What do you do when you find a disc that you sold or traded to someone else but the only name on it is yours?

I tend to go out of my way to return a disc. I have even traded for a disc someone found and tried to return it. (I got an ace with it a few days ago)

Karma seems like a good plan, but it hasn't worked yet. But maybe in my next life it will.... I hope I come back as something good

You are right that Karma can be fickle; is that a light at the end of the tunnel, or a train headed my way?