• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

F**ker had my disc!!!

twmccoy said:
dvlcek said:
I had a few drinks one beautiful day on the course and left a second shot Star Wraith on the last freaking hole. First round I played with it and now it is being thrown by somebody else. I've since stopped throwing that extra shot. Because I'm sure I will still have a few beverages on certain days when the time is right.

I left a disc on the course once. Now I carry the same amount of discs every time I play and make sure I count them frequently. Haven't lost one since.

I have 11 disc in my bag and I always keep them in the same order in the bag, so I always know when one is missing.

Wow. I've never met anyone else that keeps there discs in a specific order. I thougt I was the only one.

hallertau2000 said:
garublador said:
Bruce said:
dgdave said:
Wow. I've never met anyone else that keeps there discs in a specific order. I thougt I was the only one.

Nope, I do it too :)
As do I.

Me,also :roll: and I get a hard time for being color cordinated to boot :?

Divider 1:

Beat up wizard
S Element
E Element
Stable Midrange I'm throwing that day (E-ELX, Z Wasp, CE Roc, S Demon)

Divider 2:
Fairway drivers in order of stability (D XL, ESP XL or S Sabre, E Sabre)
Main Driver in order of stability (right now, X Avenger, ESP Avenger)
Spirit
Diablo DT.

That way, I don't lose discs :).

Wow. I've never met anyone else that keeps there discs in a specific order. I thougt I was the only one
Mine are sorted very specifically and neatly. starting on the left is putters, mids then drivers all sorted left to right in order of stability. yeah I'm a bit ocd when it comes to my discs.

The Natural said:
Wow. I've never met anyone else that keeps there discs in a specific order. I thougt I was the only one
Mine are sorted very specifically and neatly. starting on the left is putters, mids then drivers all sorted left to right in order of stability. yeah I'm a bit ocd when it comes to my discs.

That's exactly what I do! I've even been known to blame a bad shot on one of my discs being out of place :lol:

I don't have an order... but drives go in one sections, mids in another, and I have my 2 putters in the putter pocket.

There is no way I could keep them in order. I just shove them in. But I know that when my driver section can't hold anymore I have them all.

I'm the same as The Natural and Bruce. Left to right with putters, mids and drivers. Going understable to overstable with each group. That's my tourney bag (Revo Carolina). Weekend bag is the same but it goes from front to back instead of leaft to right (Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey). I'm a neat freak to begin with so my bag has to be in order.

Putters on one side, mids in the middle and drivers on the other side, ordered from understable to overstable, with a Whitler supporting the backside of my bag.

same here, always the same order

2 accordion folds

1st fold... starfire, wraith, sl, sl, valkyrie...

2nd fold... tl, tl, stingray, shark, shark...

outside of folds... spike, spike

you'll note they're even in order of speed with the exception of the wraith which is soon to leave the bag...

I have 6 molds in my bag and each one is a different color. They go in rainbow order and go from putter to driver and the drivers are in stability order. Also all of my discs have to be in the bag with the stamp being upside down so when I pull it out it is facing the correct way. All of my discs have my name and number on the exact same spot and every disc of the same color is the same weight. I clean my discs every day, even if I don't play and they are all rotated to prevent uneven wear. I am also just kidding except for all of this but the putter to driver and drivers in stability order.

wow...

I just know how many are in bag every round.

Do a disc count every hole before moving on to the next.

Have yet to lose a disc by forgetting to pick it up.

Absolutely no order in bag, 'cept they all must face the same way.
Run out of room if they go rim to rim, flight plate to flight plate.

I organize by color and how often they are used, but I only carry 11 discs. 3 mids and 7 drivers and 1 putter. I turn the mids backwards so they all stay evenly stacked. I try not to have more than 2 of each color, that way I don't get confused.

When I carried 22 discs I would always throw a few drives each hole, then walk off leaving one behind. I barely used half the discs so I dropped to a small bag, and only lost 2 since, but that was because of the creek.

I have my main putter in the putter pocket. Then left to right under to overstable putters, mids, and drivers....same as most of you. Tops of discs facing the left so my right hand grabs the lip when I reach for one.

I have an Innova bag with the accordion dividers, so there is a gap to the left of my putters where I stash my towel. I run into trouble when I put an extra disc next to the towel. If I forget that one, I don't have any visual cues to remind my dumb ass that I left one out there.

I don't carry too many disc and my bag is small, so with a quick glance, I can make sure all my disc are in place:

DiscGolfbag1.jpg

Just awhile back I had a disc go into a back yard so I went around to the front of the house, no one home, left a note with my info. on it. I came back after finishing the round and the lady was home. I apoligize for the intrusen in her day and asked if I could retrive the disc. She looked at me and was very apologetic but said some kids had thrown theirs over and took both discs.

Bummer, a brand new QMS Aurora, oh well, that life. Then she said she saw them still on the course, LOL, she grabbed her dog and chased them down for me and got my disc back, how cool is that!! 8) It pays to be "nice" to the owners of houses close by and not just, climb over their fence! :)

I'm torn on the issue of lost discs. The way I do it is if I find one I'll try and return it if theres a number, or if I find one numberless and then hear someone @ league mention losing it. I didn't always do this(especially my first few months) but now that I have a set bag, many broken in discs and fav's, I know how horrible it is to lose a piece of your game. HOWEVER, if I go into the stank, nasty, infectious disease ridden pond on my local course after one of my favorite discs and I find yours, I'm going to expect more than a kind word in return. If its in the pond odds are you knew where it was and decided it wasn't worth going in after. If someone finds one of mine, regardless of where they find it, I'm going to give them a disc in return. Its become a policy of mine, plus I think that giving someone a disc in return increases my odds of getting more of my lost discs back in the future.

As for the story at the begining of thread about boots in asses, if someone approached me like that I'd be apt to try and break the disc in two and throw it at you. You talk about courtesy respect and good karma, then practice what you preach. I've seen discs I lost flying aound my course, and walked up and asked for them back. I've had guys not give them back too, oh well. I'll file them in my memory under d for douchebag and move on. Basically I think that more courtesy on our part as experienced disc golfers toward the new folk and the casual players will go much furthur toward getting our discs returned than the tough guy attitude I hear about all the time.