• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

F**ker had my disc!!!

We have a nasty pond like that at our local course. I say if you have the balls to get in that water and get out, they are yours.

What surprised me the other day was we were playing that hole with the water, and noticed something floating on the water. We got a stick and got it out, and it was a "Dragon" floating on the water with no name on it. I was surprised that someone just walked away from that disc. But, with no name and number on it, my friend got a Dragon.

Funny, just this afternoon I'm playing through a big group and spot my champ tbird that I had loaned out a couple of months ago to a buddy.

I sign the back of my discs the same way with a sharpie and I could clearly see my signature through the clear plastic.

I marked their lie, picked it up and asked who was playing the disc.

One of the girlfriends kinda answers then looks at her guy (who had obviously loaned her the disc) for support. He knows who I am from the local scene and quickly starts in with "a mutual friend" had left it for "somebody" to get back to me. Ya right.

I have missed it and never replaced for some reason. Curious thing is that this happened on a pin location that I used to shoot with this very disc. pure hyzer and my freshest dx tbird turns a bit and its long for a roc. Glad to have it back!

cheers, mmm

I had an idea. How about taking some of the disc that you really like, are hard to find, or are no longer being made, and write on the bottom that there is a $5 reward for the return of that disc. Just an idea.

You'd hope that'd work, but I know it doesn't always. I've had a few friends put "reward for return" on their discs, but never got them back. I imagine that the person who found them thought they'd found a valuable disc--more valuable than the reward I guess. A couple of my stonier friends have put "return for burn" on their discs, I don't know what their return rate has been though. It'd be pretty interesting if it was a cop that found their disc though. :lol:

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
You'd hope that'd work, but I know it doesn't always. I've had a few friends put "reward for return" on their discs, but never got them back. I imagine that the person who found them thought they'd found a valuable disc--more valuable than the reward I guess. A couple of my stonier friends have put "return for burn" on their discs, I don't know what their return rate has been though. It'd be pretty interesting if it was a cop that found their disc though. :lol:

I usually put "return for disc of your choice" and I get a decent amount of calls. The people usually call up and ask what disc they can get from me for the one they have. Giving them the choice seems to be the best way to get the discs back.

I made someones day yesterday. I found a Star Destroyer on hole 15 of my home course but luckly it had a number. I pulled my cell phone out, called the number, and the guy was still on hole 23. Got the guys disc back to him with out even having to leave the course.......and thats why you put your cell phone number on your disc's :D

It'd be pretty interesting if it was a cop that found their disc though.
It depends on the cop, of course. I don't know if the guy is a cop or not but his son found a disc that I gave away a few months back. They called me up and I gave the kid a reward of $5. His dad asked me about the kind reward but I tactfully brushed him off. I'm not usually paranoid on the course, but I'm pretty confident that someone told me that he's a cop. Plus, he looks like a cop, if that makes sense.

Some people mark their disc is strange ways. We found a Valk on the course on Monday, and we wanted to return it to the owner, but all it said of the bottom was "Phil's Disc". What kind of mark is that? Oh well, my friend got himself a Valkyrie I guess. No number, no returned disc.

I was playing a round with a buddy several months back at Dolese. On hole 16 and 17 the fairways are parallel to each other, with the basket of 16 near the tee of 17, and the basket of 17 near the tee of 16. I got up to the tee on 17 and threw a sweet dyed z crush, which skipped left into the fairway of 16. The fairways have a few trees, but it is very, very open, Impossible to lose a disc here. As I shot a group(4 or 5 kids about 16 with 1 disc each) were up on the tee of hole 16 and they all threw and began walking. As I approached where I thought my disc had landed they were already past us. I looked around for my disc but couldn't find it anywhere. I suspected they might have picked it up but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I looked around some more and couldn't find any sign of the disc so we let the kids behind us play through. When they came near us I asked if they had picked up a disc from the last hole, they said no. My friend noticed that one of them was carrying a tshirt slung over his back, and it looked like there was a disc inside. They finished the hole and walked to 18. After looking around for another couple seconds I approached them and asked again if they had found a disc, I described the disc to them. The kid with the shirt said "What did you say the disc looked like?" I described the dye to him and he reluctantly pulled the disc out of his shirt and gave it back to me, claiming to not know he picked up my disc, saying it was an accident. It really pissed me off that he just picked up the disc because he thought it looked cool, even though they saw me throw it, and saw me looking for it. And even after asking them twice was still hesitant to give it back. It's one of the few times I've really just wanted to punch someone in the face, but I was just glad to get my disc back without too much trouble.

Midnightbiker said:
We got a stick and got it out, and it was a "Dragon" floating on the water with no name on it. I was surprised that someone just walked away from that disc.
Apparently you haven't thrown a Dragon yet. ;)

garublador said:
Midnightbiker said:
We got a stick and got it out, and it was a "Dragon" floating on the water with no name on it. I was surprised that someone just walked away from that disc.
Apparently you haven't thrown a Dragon yet. ;)

A couple summers ago, over the 4th of July weekend, our family was camping near Alexandra, MN. There is a short 9 hole course in town that works counter clockwise around a swampy area. I took my brothers there to play for something to do. They don't play too often, so it was more of a beer round than anything. Two of my beat up discs were thrown in the swamp during the round....one by me :oops:
When we played through hole 9, we saw an orange disc out in the marsh. They talked me into going out to get it. They said that there was a campground shower near where we parked. I stripped to my boxer shorts, and borrowed some sandals for the journey. Once I was in a few feet I knew I had made a mistake. When I finally got to the disc I was nearly up to my nipples in swamp water. IT WAS A DRAGON! I got out and then found that there was not a shower there. I washed up the best I could in the sink to get the green muck off of myself.
There is a name and number on the disc but I declined to call the number after such an ordeal. That is the only time I have not tried to contact an owner, and I don't feel the least bit of remorse about it. I still have the dragon to borrow to newbs, and never got any strange rashes

Well, I am working on making a fishing bobber with some hooks on it with some fishing line, that I can carry in my bag, so I can reach my disc next time it hits the water.

I found a new Star Wraith 169 today. No name, no number. I asked every person on the course if it was theirs. Nope.

It was laying under the basket on the hole closest to the parking lot. 2nd disc I have found in that exact location. Both times have been early in the day. Must be the disc fairies.......

discdawg said:
I found a new Star Wraith 169 today. No name, no number. I asked every person on the course if it was theirs. Nope.

It was laying under the basket on the hole closest to the parking lot. 2nd disc I have found in that exact location. Both times have been early in the day. Must be the disc fairies.......

I am shocked nobody just said "Yea, thetas mine". You would have to proof to dispute it.

i think what u do is to put it in your bag and then ask if they've lost a disc - if they did they can id it for ya

lock-off said:
i think what u do is to put it in your bag and then ask if they've lost a disc - if they did they can id it for ya

That is what I did. Asked if anyone lost one. They said no followed by "What kind is it?" I just smiled. 8)

Midnightbiker said:
I had an idea. How about taking some of the disc that you really like, are hard to find, or are no longer being made, and write on the bottom that there is a $5 reward for the return of that disc. Just an idea.
i write $REWARD$ with my name/cell number on mine id say i get maybe a 30% return rate and i usually give choices for a reward $5,a bxxl,one of my old/unused discs and people are usually pretty stoked

ECE5 ONE 707 said:
Midnightbiker said:
i write $REWARD$ with my name/cell number on mine id say i get maybe a 30% return rate and i usually give choices for a reward $5,a bowl,one of my old/unused discs and people are usually pretty stoked

A bxxl? :shock:

ECE5 ONE 707 said:
i write $REWARD$ with my name/cell number on mine id say i get maybe a 30% return rate and i usually give choices for a reward $5,a bxxl,one of my old/unused discs and people are usually pretty stoked

See I think its just wrong that you have to give out a reward just to get YOUR disc's back. I was playing a round with SkaBob and my Girl friend saturday and we found a disc in a tree. We got it back to its owner several holes later and he offered to give me a disc from his car once we got to the parking lot. I declined as it was his disc so it was only right for him to get it back.

I mean we all lose disc's from time to time so why should we have to offer a reward just to get them back if someone finds it. Personaly as long as someone says thanks Im happy to get it back to them.

later
gremlin

Midnightbiker said:
ECE5 ONE 707 said:
Midnightbiker said:
i write $REWARD$ with my name/cell number on mine id say i get maybe a 30% return rate and i usually give choices for a reward $5,a bowl,one of my old/unused discs and people are usually pretty stoked

A bxxl? :shock:

I'd guess..um how to put this loosely....partaking in "an herbal ritual"