• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

F**ker had my disc!!!

haha, it wasn't a blue champ Banshee that said "TJ" was it? :lol: I've written that on several of my discs.

"f-ker had my disc!!!"

Ok thread revival time.

So i went for a late round today trying to get finished up by night fall at my local course. It was starting to get dark after finishing the first nine, so i decided to just throw some shots on the first hole. This hole is pretty much a straigh shot with a patch of trees down the center of the fairway that leaves open a slight turnover or hyzer route to the basket. So i throw a few rocs and a leopard down and go to pick up my bag.

Upon looking up i see some kid running towards one of my discs, he then sees my and sprints off in the other direction down this path next to the fairway. I think no big deal because i can still see the disc he is heading too. I get down to the basket and can find all but one disc. My beat roc just happens to have gone missing. Needless to say i know where it is seeing as how i know where it would have landed at.

So i take grab up the remaining discs and sprint off down the path after this kid. I finally catch up to them and its two guys and two girls about 15-16 yrs old. I ask him if he picked up a disc when he ran across the fairway and he goes on about no he though it was a left disc then saw me and left it. They then offer for me to check their bags which lets me know of course thats not where they put it but i look in them just to make sure.

During all this i notice one of the girls is standing away from me with her arms crossed. I kind of lean to the side and can see rim of my disc. I then ask her to turn around so i can see that disc she is holding. She kind of ignores me so i ask her again. She then turns around and looks down at the disc and says, "Oh this disc. I forgot i had it." So i got my disc and told them a few things i wont repeat here for censorships sake.

It pisses me off that people think they can just pick up something thats not their and walk off with it as the wish. And also the fact that they lied to my face about having it and when i found out that they did acted like they did nothing wrong. Someone really needs to teach some people a lesson in respect. I even gave them the opportunity to own up to it by asking him if he happened to pick up a disc when i know he saw me coming down for it

Ok. End Rant

There was a local pro (990 rating or somthing near there) practicing before league. I was on 2 and found a Champ Firebird. Gave it back to him as he was playing 5 and we crossed paths. Hole 6 I found a second one of his discs and on hole 7 I found the same Champ Firebird.

arowan21 said:
There was a local pro (990 rating or somthing near there) practicing before league. I was on 2 and found a Champ Firebird. Gave it back to him as he was playing 5 and we crossed paths. Hole 6 I found a second one of his discs and on hole 7 I found the same Champ Firebird.

Sounds like some people I've played with...smoke too much pot.

last month my buddies and i were playing cape may nj and since there are only 9 holes we were playing backwards back towards our car. going from hole 4 to hole 3 involves throwing through a clump of trees, over a pond, and onto a grassy area with a swingset, benches and other crap. after the 3 of us threw over the pond we started walking arond the trees and over a bridge to the grassy area when we see a girl ~ 15 walking away from us and towards her friends with one of our discs (a brand new ace dx) in her hand. we started waving our arms and yelling for her to drop the disc when stops, turns towards the pond and hucks the disc into the water. we were all shocked and thinking why the hell would someone do that??? we walked up to her and told her she needed to either get the disc or give us $8 when suddenly she stopped being able to speak english.

wtf??? why would someone find something on the ground that clearly belongs to SOMEONE and huck it into the water???

i still don't get it.

chunk said:
last month my buddies and i were playing cape may nj and since there are only 9 holes we were playing backwards back towards our car. going from hole 4 to hole 3 involves throwing through a clump of trees, over a pond, and onto a grassy area with a swingset, benches and other crap. after the 3 of us threw over the pond we started walking arond the trees and over a bridge to the grassy area when we see a girl ~ 15 walking away from us and towards her friends with one of our discs (a brand new ace dx) in her hand. we started waving our arms and yelling for her to drop the disc when stops, turns towards the pond and hucks the disc into the water. we were all shocked and thinking why the hell would someone do that??? we walked up to her and told her she needed to either get the disc or give us $8 when suddenly she stopped being able to speak english.

wtf??? why would someone find something on the ground that clearly belongs to SOMEONE and huck it into the water???

i still don't get it.

It's my foregone conclusion that all kids are a$$holes.

DigIt said:
chunk said:

i still don't get it.

It's my foregone conclusion that all kids are a$$holes.

God knows I was.

chunk said:

i still don't get it.
i would have tossed that bitch ito the water too

Jesse B 707 said:
i would have tossed that bitch into the water too

Backhand, forehand, or maybe a double handed overhand atomic powerbomb? Just make sure to use correct form as to not hurt yourself.

pd

She probably thought it was going to float. Most people who don't know anything about disc golf, or new people I am trying to introduce to the game, are usually surprised to find out that the discs don't float. I bet she had an "Oh S**T! look on her face when the disc sank.

10 pages of great reasons why pay courses are the way of the future. Not to say this can't happen at a pay course, but it will be far less likely.

I've found a great way to keep my disc out of places that it doesn't want to go....a foldable slingshot and metal ball bearings. It's pretty accurate and pretty damn powerful for it's size. If your disc happens to try walking off on you you could shoot it to teach it a leason (your disc that is :wink:)

I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet as a deterrent for someone trying to steal my disc but I'm pretty accurate with it and wouldn't hesitate to give someone the option of either dropping my disc or trying to out run a rock. I'm just saying.

Sound like a great idea...but be careful. I know with my luck, if I tried that, I'd end up killing or maiming the guy, and ending up in a world of hurt...financial and legal. :lol:

If pulling out a slingshot is too hard core (and I would feel bad if I actually had to use it) you could just keep a sock full of oranges in your bag. No bruises no proof of their ass whoopin.

Hmmm...maybe make up some Ice balls....you know, then the projetile would melt, and they couldn't trace the round back to you. :)~

Plastic guns with ice bullets...you guys need to get out more. Maybe take up a hobby like disc golf or something.

Latest posts