• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

fantasy disc golf anyone?

and back to the game...
let's hope that anthon actually plays this tourament. i took a big risk and picked anthon over uli:

Bradley Williams
Josh Anthon
Richard Wysocki
Will Schusterick

Yeah, I stuck with Anthon again since I've had him from when he was worth 16...I intentionally stuck with him through a couple of tournaments he wasn't signed up to play so now I'm hoping to start getting something from him.

and back to the game...
let's hope that anthon actually plays this tourament. i took a big risk and picked anthon over uli:

Bradley Williams
Josh Anthon
Richard Wysocki
Will Schusterick

i have the same team except i kicked josh to the curb for ulibarri...

Well, Anthon, Ulibarri, and Steve Rico...all missing from the first round results. Sure would be nice if there was just a way to know who will be playing...

Uli was not on the list yesterday actually but rico and anthon still were

I won't argue that. What I will say is that I'm getting tired of having the option to pick players that aren't actually playing. It would be great if (a) the list provided by the fantasy site is accurate with respect to the golfers that are available and (b) if we got some sort of notification that someone we picked dropped out.

What I would like to see is the option to do fantasy through the site for only one tournament at a time.

I won't argue that. What I will say is that I'm getting tired of having the option to pick players that aren't actually playing. It would be great if (a) the list provided by the fantasy site is accurate with respect to the golfers that are available and (b) if we got some sort of notification that someone we picked dropped out.

I know the guys who put the site together and I think what they've done is great. However, it does really suck when a guy who is on the registration page doesn't show up to the tournament. It's nothing they can do when someone just doesn't show up I guess, but it really does piss me off a bit.

a. the pdga is providing the list... not the site

b. that would make it incumbent on the td to provide said notification. they've got enough to do without trying to appease disgruntled fantasy players.

imo doing these smaller A-tiers contributes greatly to the dropout factor...

I've posted this on the dgcr vicars page on the fantasy site but since there seems to be at least a few no-shows each week the solution is simple: pick 4 players, then pick 4 backup players with the same player values. If one of your players is a no-show then your first backup player with the same value as the no-show is inserted into your lineup. If they don't implement some version of this next season there is no way I'm putting up a new disc to play.

whoever is running this show next time (won't be me) can feel free to implement whatever they choose.

based on the 16 folks who had players in for week one adjusted payout is now:
1 6
2 4
3 3
4 2
5 1

those who have not paid up for season 1 will not be getting paid should they "cash" in season 2. it's one freaking disc over the course of several months for crying out loud.

Biscoe - My problem isn't with the way you run the DGCR Vicars league, you're just working off what playfantasydiscgolf gives you. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Biscoe - My problem isn't with the way you run the DGCR Vicars league, you're just working off what playfantasydiscgolf gives you. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Agreed, none of my comments here or on the site page are geared towards you or the decisions you have made. I am only frustrated and it will get worked out eventually, besides it is a free site and free league so I really have no place to complain only offer constructive criticism to hope they improve the game down the road.

With that said . . . I still dont blame you for not wanting to run it next year. Fantasy commissioner is as thankless of a job as being a TD.

i'll support your decision biscoe. and thank you for running this event for us!

mikeb23 & chrishank, i've never played in any fantasy game, i don't watch sports and know very little about any sport, i don't know much about the pro disc golfers. the great thing is, you don't need to.

to play fantasy disc golf, you only have to pick 4 people. it's a no brainer for me. i just pick 4 people and try to spend all the points they give me. each person you pick is worth points, for example Paul Uli is 18 points and i have 64 points total to spend. it's really that easy!

mikeb, as for trustworthiness, i think there is only one person being unresponsive, and maybe president of authority biscoe, can eliminate them from the next tour until old debts are paid off (loan shark mafia style). so if you are thinking of joining but that one story is holding you back, i wouldn't let it get to you.

mikeb & chrishank, if money is an issue and you don't want to put up the entry fee which is one unthrown disc, there are a lot of free leagues! that's what i did. i started playing the free stuff until i got comfortable with the site which didn't take long at all. then i waited for the next tour to start and all scores reset to zero, then i joined the dgcr league. so start now, have fun, play for free, and if someone runs another league, hit up the next tour for the gamble.

tldr?

can you post the link for me?

Agreed, none of my comments here or on the site page are geared towards you or the decisions you have made. I am only frustrated and it will get worked out eventually, besides it is a free site and free league so I really have no place to complain only offer constructive criticism to hope they improve the game down the road.

i'm not taking any of the comments as comments on my running of our league... i've run way too many dg events for that. i simply lack the time to deal with it particularly when you have to go back and redo things based on people who are too lame to remove their teams after the first season...

Latest posts