• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fast overstable slot.

latitude

Eagle Member
Has been throwing the C-PD2 for a while with pretty decent results but is interested in replacing it since the current one I carry together with the last three I had broke in weirdly fast. Using it when throwing forehand as well as headwind backhand/bombs. Discs such as Force, Xcaliber, Quasar, Pulse etc comes to mind, convince me which overstable fast driver is superior please :)

dgdave said:

Never tried it but have heard it's super overstable, too overstable to being able to get any good distance with, false? In my area (country :mrgreen: ) only E Spirits are available..

It just depends, you know how gateway is. A good spirit is very workable, especially when beat in.

Sean40474 said:

Ape's are weird. less stable than a lot of stuff and it flips up from a slight hyzer even in no wind but dumps off really hard at the end. An Xcal is really a better ape.

Frank Delicious said:
Sean40474 said:

Ape's are weird. less stable than a lot of stuff and it flips up from a slight hyzer even in no wind but dumps off really hard at the end. An Xcal is really a better ape.

I was going to say Xcal, but the Ape wasn't on his original post. I like the Xcal better myself, but I have friends who like the Ape better. I prefer the Xcal in Star plastic myself.

teerex i have a star that i love for that shot. a couple of my friend a kick'n ass with the nuke os as well.

Spirit isn't that fast and each one i've seen and own are killer OS to the point of not being long. Force Z is my choice.

JR said:
What would you guys rate the Spirit at in Innova speed scale? 10? 11? Force is 12 and many 13s exist.

Same question I was gonna ask :) . Quasar is 13 while Force/XC/PD2 is 12 of what I've understand. Many seems to like the Quasar and XC this far, seems like there's no love whatsoever for the Pulse. A little worried though about the star Xcaliber, about how fast it may break in? Ch XC, good substitute? Z Force is popular as well, is there anything who separates those discs from each other or is it basically the same disc different manufactures?