• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Backpack Suggestions

ryanwilli7

Par Member
I'm looking at getting my first bag ever, I am looking at backpack styles. A few that look appealing to me right now are the Prodigy BP-2, Upper Park Pinch, and the Hyzerbomb Flak X. I like the price points of the first two, but there is quite a discount on the Hyzerbombs at Marshall Street right now. The the Hyzerbomb worth the money, are the other two as of high quality? Just looking for feedback on people's experiences and thoughts.

I'm looking at getting my first bag ever, I am looking at backpack styles. A few that look appealing to me right now are the Prodigy BP-2, Upper Park Pinch, and the Hyzerbomb Flak X. I like the price points of the first two, but there is quite a discount on the Hyzerbombs at Marshall Street right now. The the Hyzerbomb worth the money, are the other two as of high quality? Just looking for feedback on people's experiences and thoughts.
If you do not get the Upper parks models any but the one that looks like a Camelbak but modified for disc golf, I would say the Dynamic Discs Soldier. the Soldier holds up to 20-22 discs total, with about 18-19 in the bottom 3-4 putters in a pocket up top, if you never plan to carry that many just about 18-19, I don't then use the bottom as a disc holder then the top part as more storage. The price point is about $42.50 on Amazon. I saw the bag holds more discs and can hold up to a 64 ox bottle because of Disc Golf Nerd who reviewed it on YouTube. Disc golf Nerd said it is much Higher quality then the Sniper ones he seen people with, Disc Golf Nerd has reviewed the Sniper himself before on his channel though it was an early model that a friend bought but before the friend used it the course. Some of these people he has seen with a Sniper routinely the same people with the Sniper are having them starting to fall apart after one year of use.
The New style of the Hero pack redone early this year is also a good one, the old one tends to have the drink holders completely tear off, a cousin has the old style Hero Pack is having bottle holder problems luckily my cousin got cheep from a friend who got the Innova SuperHero Pack when it also came out early this year. Lastly I have herd the two Hyzerbomb models an Innova side brand need to get sent in for repairs all the time for the shoulder straps, on a thread on DGCR.

For got to mention, The tournament Model Backpack (not the bag) From Discraft looks like a solid option built with the same materials as the bag version the backpack should hold up for at lest 10 years and holds up to 20 discs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076123TLM/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Sorry big Discraft fan, my number one choice due to Impact and Magnet, then number 2 is Innova as I use the Valkyrie.

I have the Upper Park Rebel v4 and love it.

Also, I just bought the Dynamic Disc Troper bag because it was so cheap I figured it would be a decent first backpack for my daughter. I tried it out and now I have to order another one for her. It's a great little bag that holds 21-23 discs and I use for quick rounds after work since it fits in my MR2 where the Rebel doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at things, I think I'm most interested in the Prodigy BP-2 and the Upper Park Pinch. What are people's experiences with these? Is one better quality? Are there things that annoy you about them?

I bought the Pinch only for casual rounds. Specifically I wanted a small, lightweight, top loading backpack for 12-15 discs. The Pinch is near perfect for a casual day, lot's of storage/configuration options but it doesn't have the storage capacity for lot's of non-essential items. Highly recommended for the weekender, but wouldn't use for tournament play or cool weather seasons when additional clothing/rain gear is needed.

For me this is a secondary bag, I use a larger backpack style for tournaments.