• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying Basket of Death and Destruction Build Thread

So if anyone is interested...I am going to attempt to have this fella ready to go for a launch near Princeton, IL on 5/29 and/or 5/30. If you are interested in throwing at it post a response here so we can coordinate. And don't forget that the big white panels are ad space. :) For a small fee I can put a 6"x8" graphic on each of those panels.

You need to submit a prototype to the PDGA for approval...:D

Great flight yesterday. Buddy at the launch got some GREAT shots of the chute coming out. Got on-board video too again so when I get that edited I'll upload it to YouTube and post it here. There were some other guys taking pics so I am hoping someone got some decent liftoff shots.

Attachments

• Basket1.jpg
    Basket1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Basket3.jpg
    Basket3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 37
  • Basket2.jpg
    Basket2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 39
Flew again today. Actually had about 6 people try to throw at it but none of them are anywhere near seasoned disc golfers and of course none of them came anywhere near hitting it. Got more on-board video which I will edit it together with the flight from friday at some point. So until I get that done here is a screenshot from today's video which is WAY cool from the red propellant...

-Dave

Attachments

• Basket Screenshot.jpg
    Basket Screenshot.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 44
Awesome man!! Can't wait for the vid..

Hey when you get that done :D can you post a few of the stills from your last video with the sideview? I'd like to share it to the Canadian disc golf page if that's cool with you?

The rocket powered basket looks amazing. I'm so happy I've lived to see that! What a labour of love to create something like that! Unique and wonderfully pointless :D (I mean that in a nice way) I love it...

Hey that reminds me, I built a rotating disc golf basket.. It spins with a guard and is redneck cheesy, no where near the craftsmanship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRCloDK_5s

Last edited:
Awesome man!! Can't wait for the vid..

Hey when you get that done :D can you post a few of the stills from your last video with the sideview? I'd like to share it to the Canadian disc golf page if that's cool with you?

The rocket powered basket looks amazing. I'm so happy I've lived to see that! What a labour of love to create something like that! Unique and wonderfully pointless :D (I mean that in a nice way) I love it...

Hey that reminds me, I built a rotating disc golf basket.. It spins with a guard and is redneck cheesy, no where near the craftsmanship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRCloDK_5s

Thanks! The whole point of the basket is to bring a smile to people's faces. :D

I love this redneck idea. That actually might be a good way to help overcome distractions on the course.

So I will be flying this again in Muskegon, MI this Sunday at a club launch sometime between noon and 2pm if anyone is interested in seeing it. Please let me know if you are so I can plan accordingly and provide directions.

Also, I might bring it with me to Princeton, IL on 5/28 or 5/29. It will also DEFINITELY be with me in Argonia, KS over Labor Day weekend at a gigantic club launch called "Airfest." Same deal as above - if you want to throw at it and see what a high powered rocket launch is like let me know.

Flew perfect yesterday and had some disc golf buddies throw at it. Didn't come anywhere near it lol. Had a on board camera and will have an edited video later this week. For now there is this screenshot from the suicide camera.

Attachments

• 5A31E0A0-1573-43A6-B38A-8AD0C40F1DF2.jpg
    5A31E0A0-1573-43A6-B38A-8AD0C40F1DF2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts