• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Ok people we have less than a week to go until some battle of the Aces tourneys start and I have still yet to hear anything about the new discs... C'mon man!

Ok people we have less than a week to go until some battle of the Aces tourneys start and I have still yet to hear anything about the new discs... C'mon man!

From what was posted on the Legacy Collectors page it looks to be a faster more OS Rival, but not as OS as the Enemy.

From what was posted on the Legacy Collectors page it looks to be a faster more OS Rival, but not as OS as the Enemy.

I will definitely be picking one up if this is true. The stable/os control driver slot was definitely a glaring hole in Legacy's lineup, IMO. Very exciting.

I'm hoping it's similar to a Culverin, which I would love to have in Legend

I'm hoping it's similar to a Culverin, which I would love to have in Legend

I've never thrown a Culverin but I see that the PDGA shows its rim width to be 2.0cm. This new release could also be a 2.0cm rim Orc-like control driver and be a full tick or two more OS than the 2.0cm Bandit and continue to fill out their 2.0cm width driver class along side the Mongoose and Nemesis.

I hope it's not just a more overstable Rival with a 1.8 rim. I'd try a 1.9+cm complement to the Enemy. It took a while to release the Outlaw and they got it right so I'm optimistic that the Enemy will turn out as planned and they'll need a fast workable wind fighter for me until their FBs break in 'cause my Eagles aint goin' anywhere soon.

Maybe it's just the Enemy.. sure flies like the domey enemy i threw at mad city.

Although most of those throws look like hes starting them on a hyzer so..

Yea, I don't see a huge difference in flight between the Enemy and BOTA disc in those videos. The red Icon BOTA disc looks a little less stable than the Enemy, and the gold Legend BOTA looks more overstable. You could have told me those were all the same mold and I wouldn't have known the difference.

I'm just starting to familiarize myself with Legacy discs. Got my first Legacy disc last month and loved it. Been trying to test out different molds. Im still really unfamiliar with the line of discs, especially plastics. Quick question - is my comparison of plastics to the innova versions accurate?

Excel - DX
Gravity - G Star
Protege - Pro
Pinnacle - Champ
Icon - Star

Whats this Legend plastic I've seen mentioned?

More like:

Excel = Hard DX
Gravity = Soft DX
Protege = KC Pro
Pinnacle = Pearly Champion, CE, Champy-Star
Icon = Star (back when Star was firm and good)
Legend = Gold Line but much more durable, and more stable than other plastics in general

hmm Gravity is hard to say its def no gstar and not like rpro.. hmm its very hard to say but its more of a softer tacky pro where protege is more like kcpro like plastic if that makes sense. Legend i would compare to GStar as far as look and grip but nowhere near as soft/gummy

Thank you both! So Gravity is like the new DX Roc3s? That type of soft DX? As for Icon - I have an Icon Patriot and an Icon Rival. Neither are firm (more so the Rival). I have a PFN Star TB that is what you describe Buzzz so I know what you're referring to. The Icons I have have soft flight plates and grippy. I feels like Star plastic when its left in a hot car. Is the Protege more of a KC Pro Aviar (tends to be pretty slick I find) or Roc?