• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I am curious to find out if anyone knows if Legacy is looking to eventually create a Thunderbird/PD clone in the near-ish future. It seems to be a giant hole in their lineup and the idea of a Pinnacle Thunderbird makes me grin like an idiot just thinking about it...

I have been testing a gunmetal Bandit for this slot. It is way more overstable than any other Bandit that I have thrown. I would love to see an actual 9/5/0/2or3 from them.

^^ interesting! I havent seen a Gunmetal Bandit.. I LOVE my Dark Blue Bandits and they are much more stable than my Icon or Silver Legend

I have never thrown a Bandit that even begins to approach a PD or Thunderbird. The only way I can make shot work in an all Legacy bag is by powering down on an Outlaw. It works, but I am not nearly as consistent as I would prefer.

Gunmetal Banditos have the stability, just not the glide of a PD or TB. Perhaps those new sparkle Enemies available for pre-order now will beat in to that spot. Parky's video makes them look quite nice...

I have never thrown a Bandit that even begins to approach a PD or Thunderbird. The only way I can make shot work in an all Legacy bag is by powering down on an Outlaw. It works, but I am not nearly as consistent as I would prefer.

yeah im with ya there..my Gunmetal Legend Rivals are as close to a Thunderbird as ive seen for a Legacy mold but still a touch slower .. i tried bagging Thunderbirds but at my arm speed they overlapped too much with my Rivals .. the lil bit of distance i gained just wasnt enough for me to bag them..

The blue Pinnacle Rival that I picked up from Quinum is actually pretty close to my PD's. It's noticeably faster than the other Rivals I've tried. My Gunmetal Legend Rival is significantly slower and shorter.

The blue Pinnacle Rival that I picked up from Quinum is actually pretty close to my PD's. It's noticeably faster than the other Rivals I've tried. My Gunmetal Legend Rival is significantly slower and shorter.

This, pearly blue Pinnacle (domey stiff) Rivals replaced my Thunderbird.

Pro Leopard - Excel Patriot
Star Leopard - Phenom (but its faster)
TL - Patriot
TB - Rival
Thunderbird - Overstable Rival
FAF Firebird - the Fighter
Bandit - Valk
Outlaw - Destroyer
Ghost - Roc 3
Guage - Coyote (comet)

Thats a pretty thorough beating of Innova's good stuff, in plastic that feels better when I switched with legacy.

Bandits are very comparable to Valkyries. Nothing like Thunderbirds IMO. Finding a nice overstable one would be like replacing some of the stiff or Glow Valkyries.

This, pearly blue Pinnacle (domey stiff) Rivals replaced my Thunderbird.

Pro Leopard - Excel Patriot
Star Leopard - Phenom (but its faster)
TL - Patriot
TB - Rival
Thunderbird - Overstable Rival
FAF Firebird - the Fighter
Bandit - Valk
Outlaw - Destroyer
Ghost - Roc 3
Guage - Coyote (comet)

Thats a pretty thorough beating of Innova's good stuff, in plastic that feels better when I switched with legacy.

Bandits are very comparable to Valkyries. Nothing like Thunderbirds IMO. Finding a nice overstable one would be like replacing some of the stiff or Glow Valkyries.

I would think the Nemesis is more comparable to the Valkyrie than a Bandit. I would say the Bandit resembles a Roadrunner more then the Valkyrie. The only Bandit I've ever thrown that was overstable was a Gunmetal Bandit. That thing is a freak of nature.

I would think the Nemesis is more comparable to the Valkyrie than a Bandit. I would say the Bandit resembles a Roadrunner more then the Valkyrie. The only Bandit I've ever thrown that was overstable was a Gunmetal Bandit. That thing is a freak of nature.

No the nemesis is nothing like a valk. I was running at 998 throwing 3 valks. Ive never thrown a Nemesis in any plastic that held a hyzer on a hard throw, even Legend(what you call gun metal). A bandit is a seasoned valk.

Manufacturer numbers
Bandit: 9,5,-2,2
Valk: 9,4, -2, 1

Nemesis: 10, 6, -4, 2
Sidewinder: 9, 5 -3, 1
Roadrunner: 9,5 -4, 1

Which is exactly what they replaced in my bag. My seasoned star valks (bandit) and seasoned Champ Roadrunner (Nemesis)

Inbounds flight chart:
The bandit and valk stay in the under -50 column while the nemesis and RR both approach the -100 line.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 132
No the nemesis is nothing like a valk. I was running at 998 throwing 3 valks. Ive never thrown a Nemesis in any plastic that held a hyzer on a hard throw, even Legend(what you call gun metal). A bandit is a seasoned valk.

Manufacturer numbers

The gunmetal color (dark green) Legend Bandits are considerably more OS than any of their counterparts. More like a 9/5/0/2. Reminds me of the Sandstrom Star Valk I had (no turn; just straight with good fade)

I love Steve and Legacy as I am a fan of him and his DG company but...

I found it funny that the Firebird section of his bag was omitted or edited out but at the end he actually mentions them being in his bag?

We all know he throws them, so why not keep them "in the bag" in the video?

Now for a random, off the wall question...

The Legacy minis are nice and heavy enough that you can throw them. They have an actual disc shape and fly right unlike some other companies that are only useful as a marker.

Are the minis made out of actual Legacy plastic blends or are they just some random hard plastic used just for them?

I assume that this has been talked about before in this thread, but how does the Sparkle plastic fly as compared to Pinnacle/Icon? Innova Metal Flake stuff tends to fly more overstable than it's champion counterparts, but is this true of Legacy as well? Marshallstreet has a bunch of Sparkle stuff running around and I was wondering if it was worth checking out compared to the regular stuff.

I love Steve and Legacy as I am a fan of him and his DG company but...

I found it funny that the Firebird section of his bag was omitted or edited out but at the end he actually mentions them being in his bag?

We all know he throws them, so why not keep them "in the bag" in the video?

Now for a random, off the wall question...

The Legacy minis are nice and heavy enough that you can throw them. They have an actual disc shape and fly right unlike some other companies that are only useful as a marker.

Are the minis made out of actual Legacy plastic blends or are they just some random hard plastic used just for them?

They didn't omit it, he has 3 Firebirds and 2 Wraiths. He didn't go into any detail on them but they were included.

The gunmetal color (dark green) Legend Bandits are considerably more OS than any of their counterparts. More like a 9/5/0/2. Reminds me of the Sandstrom Star Valk I had (no turn; just straight with good fade)

Perfect, I will get my hands on one.

Manufacturer numbers

Nemesis: 10, 6, -4, 2
Sidewinder: 9, 5 -3, 1
Roadrunner: 9,5 -4, 1

Which is exactly what they replaced in my bag. My seasoned star valks (bandit) and seasoned Champ Roadrunner (Nemesis)

Inbounds flight chart:
The bandit and valk stay in the under -50 column while the nemesis and RR both approach the -100 line.
attachment.php

Thank you for that information. I had no idea. Well I guess I have to get some Bandits now....damn, like I need to spend more money on discs.

My bad, I had to re-watch it to see the 2 seconds of FBs and Wraiths...it is so quick I missed it the first time :eek:.
:p I wonder how beat in those FBs are that he can't switch the Enemy in right away. So obviously sooner or later we will get a disc to replace those Wraiths. What else is left? More stable but not crazy overstable speed 9/10 (PD, Thunderbird) Understable putter (Spike/Magic/XD), Overstable Putter (Zone/Suspect), Overstable Midrange (Gator/Drone)?