• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I've been putting with my kc aviars in below zero weather and it's all good. I exploded my dx polecat at brp though, but when I blasted a tree with my dx teebird it was fine. I don't see why we'd be any more worried about the plastic. Sometimes they break. That means we will buy a new, and for cheap, if we really like it. More business for innova as long as they aren't like China. Just make them and we can decide when it would be a good idea to throw them. I think if innova had tried it they would at least inform us of the results if we inquired.

Last edited:
s-tb are the first production runs, someone please correct me if i am wrong. *t seems to be more recent. at the very least, patent numbers and s-tb indicates somewhere around 11x; i am not up to snuff on my plastic history so i can't really say for sure.

I've been putting with my kc aviars in below zero weather and it's all good. I exploded my dx polecat at brp though, but when I blasted a tree with my dx teebird it was fine. I don't see why we'd be any more worried about the plastic. Sometimes they break. That means we will buy a new, and for cheap, if we really like it. More business for innova as long as they aren't like China. Just make them and we can decide when it would be a good idea to throw them. I think if innova had tried it they would at least inform us of the results if we inquired.

Putting and throwing hard plastic in cold weather are two different things. It is much more likely to crack hitting a tree at high speeds rather than hitting the basket at low speeds. I once cracked the flight plate on a glow kc by tapping it on my knee in cold weather to get snow out from underneath the flight plate. After that happened I will not use kc plastic at all in cold weather. Dx seems to be slightly more durable in cold weather. I now putt with the big bead omega ap and use the big bead supersoft for better grip in the cold and wet. Throwing a stiff pro plastic teebird does sound nice in the warmer weather though.

Agreed. I was specifically addressing the statement made about the kc cracking during a putt, then separately addressing concerns about base plastic. I should note I have also been throwing my kc rocs with no problem even after smacking a few trees below 0.

I'm not really worried about it. I don't feel it's a valid reason not to make a disc in certain plastic because part of the country gets cold and they *might* crack.

s-tb are the first production runs, someone please correct me if i am wrong. *t seems to be more recent. at the very least, patent numbers and s-tb indicates somewhere around 11x; i am not up to snuff on my plastic history so i can't really say for sure.

Sounds right. There was/were run(s) that were marked with just T, which I believe to be between S-TB and *T. From after *T to the present they were marked with *TB. Some *TB are PFN and have patent numbers, some are PFN w/o patent numbers and the rest (current prodution) have flight numbers without patent numbers.

Agreed. I was specifically addressing the statement made about the kc cracking during a putt, then separately addressing concerns about base plastic. I should note I have also been throwing my kc rocs with no problem even after smacking a few trees below 0.

I'm not really worried about it. I don't feel it's a valid reason not to make a disc in certain plastic because part of the country gets cold and they *might* crack.

I think some discs are just bound to crack for one reason or another due to plastic composition coming out of the mold. I've cracked discs in sub-freezing temps as well as temps over 80 degrees. I think once the plastic dries out a bit and becomes more brittle the discs that are prone to failure will fail/crack.

That being said, I see a lot more discs cracked in the winter than in the summer. I think it's because in the wintertime the temperature is what makes the plastic brittle. In the summer other factors will cause plastic to remain brittle in the warmer temperatures - usually drying or aging of the plastic. So the same discs that may have cracked in the cold temps earlier will eventually crack in the summer as well, provided the plastic has degraded enough. Hope that makes sense.

So yeah, you can keep throwing discs in the winter. However, you can possibly extend the life of the prone-to-fail disc by avoiding throwing it in cold temps.

Last Saturday Brinster was playing [and of course won] a local ice bowl.

He was a cool guy and signed a brinster bird for me:

15648756433_f43524d8ba_c.jpg

the origin/creation of the brinster teebirds is interesting... he explained that he was getting teebirds out to 425+ft consistently but not on pure hyzer lines. So innova ended up working with him and creating a beefy overstable teebird that could hold those hyzer lines with a lot of torque. So now he can put a brinster bird on a pure hyzer line into a strong headwind for 380ft and trust it completely... and 400ft+ in good conditions.

the funny part is how with my noodle/newbie arm I'm using the brinster bird for semi-firebird/utility like shots where you put a little anhyzer on it and trust it to come back on 300ft shots... or maybe those 250-300ft windy holes/shots that you can trust will fade with putting hyzer and torque.

so I'm getting well under a 100ft of distance in comparison..but hey I played in the same tourney and actually placed in the money for my AM2 classification using the brinster bird a lot that cold day. So I'm thankful that this disc exists! I'm also happy that these brinster birds are so consistent... every one I've tried seems just about the same, beefy over stable teebird goodness.

Last edited:
^ Very nice! Steve is one of my favorite pros. I've been stocking up on Brinster 'Birds for the apocalypse in case Innova completely stops production...

I snagged a 2013 first run Brinster Bird... After a 1.5 years of heavy use it still flies the same! Great disc!!
Can't crank out to 400' like my DX, but very predictable hyzer every time.

Other than the stamp, as anyone noticed a difference between the first run and the production ones?

Hey so I just got a KC 12x Champ Teebird not too long ago. I'm really enjoying the disc so far as it is so easy to throw flat and low with not too much juice and get a beautiful straight flight path with just a bit of turn and a great forward skipping fade. What I was wondering is how does these KC Teebirds compare to the Brinsters?

Hey so I just got a KC 12x Champ Teebird not too long ago. I'm really enjoying the disc so far as it is so easy to throw flat and low with not too much juice and get a beautiful straight flight path with just a bit of turn and a great forward skipping fade. What I was wondering is how does these KC Teebirds compare to the Brinsters?

Brinisters are a whole heck of a lot more stable to overstable then most of the 12x's I've ever thrown. They're pretty neutral at high speed, so they basically hold whatever angle you release them on, and have a significant fade. They still have a ton of glide though, so I don't feel like I'm loosing much, if any, distance because of the beef factor.

Brinisters are a whole heck of a lot more stable to overstable then most of the 12x's I've ever thrown. They're pretty neutral at high speed, so they basically hold whatever angle you release them on, and have a significant fade. They still have a ton of glide though, so I don't feel like I'm loosing much, if any, distance because of the beef factor.

Ok cool, so I'm guessing you like the Brinsters a lot more than the KCs? Also, I've got a Saint Pro that seems to have about the same amount of turn and glide as my KC Teebird, but a bigger dumpier fade at the end. Is that similar to what you're describing with the Brinsters, Pbmercil?

Ok cool, so I'm guessing you like the Brinsters a lot more than the KCs? Also, I've got a Saint Pro that seems to have about the same amount of turn and glide as my KC Teebird, but a bigger dumpier fade at the end. Is that similar to what you're describing with the Brinsters, Pbmercil?

The Brinster will be more overstable than a Saint Pro. Generally you will get no turn whatsoever with a Brinster TeeBird and then a pretty strong fade at the end.

New Brinsters are like baby Firebirds, and are going to be a lot more stable/overstable than Saint Pros.

piece of mother****ing ****.

lost that red "twelve time" on my VERY FIRST throw of the round today at BRP. hole 8, i will never forgive you. RIP and i really hope i get you back.

Latest posts