• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

tested my blues, awesome and overstable. I guess the best comparison is Dunham in xenoblade chronicles or yuffie in ff vii. Fast, light heavy damage. Kills dem fairways. Straight with fade.

I was so drunk last night. Did I really say that?

Got a chance to throw a brinster the other day, liked it. Is there A difference in stability between aj and brinster birds?

Yeah I don't know Koda, Brinster is probably more Stable just from all my reading between them. With all my Birds I really should have a Couple AJ's too. Damn discs make me spend money. hehe

I don't think I need one, especially considering my teebird whording (new word I just made up) for high plh, but the nerd in me just wants to buy teebirds really.

I love the brinsters for skip shots but I feel like my current supply will last forever.

Is there A difference in stability between aj and brinster birds?

A little.
I bag both. The AJs don't have quite as high a PLH and they have more glide. Whether that's by design or a by product of Star vs. Champion plastic, I don't know. I will say the AJs start off pretty beefy but it doesn't take them too long to get more into typical Teebird flight patterns. Brinsters aren't bricks, but they are much less glidey than a typical 'Bird.

those look really great. I just wish they had more weight options.

Has anyone seasoned a brinster to understable yet?

I love the brinsters for skip shots but I feel like my current supply will last forever.

The one I bag isn't as stable as a new one but it still a brick. I can't hyzerflip it even if I try. But I can turn it over now and get some surprising distance (more than I when I started).

the local pro had a bunch of new team stamped brinsters delivered to him to use at the upcoming Memorial and actually lets me throw them knowing my newbie throws will end up hitting trees and what not to beat them in before he flies out to arizona.

he's got a couple that are really beaten in (they don't even have stamps anymore) and they're still nearly impossible for me to hyzerflip. if anything only HSS gets affected.

I don't think I need one, especially considering my teebird whording (new word I just made up) for high plh, but the nerd in me just wants to buy teebirds really.

The brinster's are weird... its the most predictable teebird. I bag one and often will not use it in a whole round (because of the overlap between normal teebirds, PD's and even Firebirds) but there's certain shots that are brinsterbird shots. The in-between a firebird and teebird shot where you need to either hyzer it into wind or turn it over and have it come back but in a tight fairway.

in a recent tournament that had brinster and the local pro I play with - he says they both will walk up to the tee/lie and have a destroyer and a brinster in hand and decide from there which one to throw because they can do similar things but the brinster is more predictable and the option if you want to take a safer shot when driving 350ft-400ft on a pure hyzer route.

15849426273_a35a0f4756_b.jpg

I know what you mean about "whording"... once I found my favorite type of teebird (the opaque flattish not so beefy 168-169g non KC champ teebirds) I ended up buying a lot... you never know because champ teebirds are so damn unpredictable some are beefy, stiff and almost brinster like, and some are like G-star or broken in star in stability...

but the brinsters... they're all the damn same... beefy domey overstable and predictable.

my echo star is something I love too... I actually like them heavier in the 170's because they break in quick. you can hyzerflip them and use them for turnover shots and tunnel shots by hyzering it..

16281809718_3f6b9aeeba_c.jpg

its true like what previous posters have mentioned... sometimes I can throw this just as far as a tern/destroyer/wraith and not even mean too...

he's got a couple that are really beaten in (they don't even have stamps anymore) and they're still nearly impossible for me to hyzerflip. if anything only HSS gets affected.

What? A teebird that loses HSS first and not LSS first:wall: I'm shocked they don't lose their fade and beat in to straight fliers. Seasoned TBs on stable lines are normally second to none.

What? A teebird that loses HSS first and not LSS first:wall: I'm shocked they don't lose their fade and beat in to straight fliers. Seasoned TBs on stable lines are normally second to none.

yeah, the brinster birds beat in and seem to get longer , but the fade is reliably there. Kind of like mini-firebirds.

just read the reviews for brinsterbirds on the innova factory store site and they [the reviewers] all seem to comment on how there is a reliable fade.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-teebird-steve-brinster.html

thats why people tend to have them for years, they'll get longer and longer but the fade remains consistent.

I really like the mini firebird comparison. It's just a great addition to the teebird family.

I think I'm finally convinced to get an echo star as well.

Confirmed... Brinster is at least 20' longer than when new, with reliable fade.
Interesting how a domey Brinster and flat 11x CAL both fight the wind well.

*I know this should actually be asked in the "What's this disc worth...", but I feel like there's TeeBird aficionados here!*

What's the Fair Market Value of a new Glow Cal-tooled TeeBird?

No. Not plus rimmed. We're talking pre-'08/'09.

I know someone who has some. He's curious about the current Fair Market Value. I'm hoping to get several. I have a Glow Cal-tooled with a Big D in the Desert stamp. It's been the staple of my bag for 5+ years. Hoping I never lose it...

So, about the Brinster birds, how far do they go compared to Star and 12x champ birds? I throw my 12x and Star 350-380ft right now and I'm wondering how much distance I will lose due to the extra beef people are describing for the Brinster. Is it significant, or a small difference like 10-20 ft?