• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Yesss. Gstar Teebirds are nice, but I have a sweet cycle of pat# Star and an E* right now :thmbup:

I do have a nice Gstar in my backup box along with way too many other pat# stars.

Yesss. Gstar Teebirds are nice, but I have a sweet cycle of pat# Star and an E* right now :thmbup:

I do have a nice Gstar in my backup box along with way too many other pat# stars.

I'm cycling three 'birds at this point:

175g AJ Star - headwinds, strong fade
170g EchoStar - holds a hyzer, moderate fade
171g GStar - pops up from slight hyzer, small finish

I used to bag flat, glow Teebirds for the beefy Teebird slot but the AJs have way better glide while still holding up to headwinds.

I'm cycling three 'birds at this point:

175g AJ Star - headwinds, strong fade
170g EchoStar - holds a hyzer, moderate fade
171g GStar - pops up from slight hyzer, small finish

I used to bag flat, glow Teebirds for the beefy Teebird slot but the AJs have way better glide while still holding up to headwinds.

Nice. I used to have up to 5, but right now I'm only going with 3. I have a good 175 metal flake for OS, a flat stiff 165g Eco which has a slight turn, stands up to a headwind, and a 170 pat # star that hyzer flips and rides right in no wind.

So I guess I don't have as many pats in the bag as I thought. I still love them. Anything under like 380 is a Teeb!

Nice. I used to have up to 5, but right now I'm only going with 3. I have a good 175 metal flake for OS, a flat stiff 165g Eco which has a slight turn, stands up to a headwind, and a 170 pat # star that hyzer flips and rides right in no wind.

So I guess I don't have as many pats in the bag as I thought. I still love them. Anything under like 380 is a Teeb!

I bag Patriots for understable compliment to Teebirds:

174g Icon Patriot - slight turn and very small fade
174g Excel Patriot - huge turn and no fade

Well, still enjoying my really stiff yellow and white stars. I have a feeling that these are never going to fly like regular star. The plastic is just too stiff, it doesn't deform on impact or affect the plh at all. It's just going to chip/scuff and get sliced and I am totally fine with that. In 3 years one of these things will probably finally show some turn. I'm almost tempted to kick my other stars and roll exclusively with these.

Almost. ;)

I have a feeling that these are never going to fly like regular star. The plastic is just too stiff, it doesn't deform on impact or affect the plh at all. It's just going to chip/scuff and get sliced and I am totally fine with that. In 3 years one of these things will probably finally show some turn.

The lifespan of that run of star is absurd. I have a star TL that is starting its 8th year as a go to fairway driver for me. It has quite a bit of turn now but still fades no matter what. You probably won't need to shop for birds for a really freaking long time.

Well, still enjoying my really stiff yellow and white stars. I have a feeling that these are never going to fly like regular star. The plastic is just too stiff, it doesn't deform on impact or affect the plh at all. It's just going to chip/scuff and get sliced and I am totally fine with that. In 3 years one of these things will probably finally show some turn. I'm almost tempted to kick my other stars and roll exclusively with these.

Almost. ;)

Do you try to "melt" the slices closed on star or will you just leave it be?

I have a PD that's that stiff. It's ridiculous. I wish it would break in and show a little bit of forgiving turn.

A Teebird that stayed stable for that long, on the other hand, sounds really nice.

I have an F2 champ Teebird that has the same PLH as the Gstar but with a higher dome.

How should I expect it to fly? I've thrown the Gstar one and really like the little drift right and fade on a slight hyzer.

Is the Champ going to fly way more overstable? It's just marked "TB" on the back.

I have one of these stiff, flatter, white Teebirds also. They are super sweet. Pretty OS and glide more than the JL-ish Teebirds; as I think someone else mentioned in here. I like my regular star TB too though.

I just started throwing star teebirds and I was wondering if they make faf star teebirds like they do with the star firebirds. I'd love some, so far all I've found is domey ones

I got a handful of Pearlescent Champ Teebs from DGU a few months ago. They were all ICE with tint of Purple or Blue with pearly streaks in the rim. Really cool looking, but they were flatter than typical runs of TeeBirds. Same with this year's GCC color Glow (pink and blue) Champ Teebs, flat and stiff.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the newer JL are completely flat from the inner edge of the shoulder all the way across the flight plate; the only thing they've got going are the shoulders. just order any new JL and you'll be fine.

plenty of that pearly stuff out there too in stores. star teebs aren't worth the hassl IMO unless you can handpick and even then . . . meh.