• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

This'll demonstrate it a bit more.

On the left is the flattest star tb you can find right now. it's decently flat. On the right is your typical current jl tb.

IMAG0362_zpsuqw3tghp.jpg~320x480

wow I am going to look for these.

I have one from last summer, they have been around so it shouldn't be too tough to find one.

For a while the champs were domey with a low plh and it was easy to ignore them on the shelves. These are the nicest stock TB's I've seen in probably 4 years.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the newer JL are completely flat from the inner edge of the shoulder all the way across the flight plate; the only thing they've got going are the shoulders. just order any new JL and you'll be fine.

plenty of that pearly stuff out there too in stores. star teebs aren't worth the hassl IMO unless you can handpick and even then . . . meh.

So you bought all those star teebirds and don't like them anymore?

I love them. It's just that the jl they're pumping out are the better tb. Can't really deny that my star are the exception to the rule for stb right now. All the jl are molding up wonderfully. You can just order them and not worry about it. I want my stars so I can season them up. Plus I've got 9 of the stiff flatter tb, 4 more regular star and 2 jl. I'm invested in star at this point, haha.

I might have to pick up a JL TB, how long ago did you get those flat stiff stars?? The stiff star plastic TeeBirds are my favorite, right behind a flattop champions I got a few years back. Not a fan of GStar TB's for some reason.

Couple months ago. I haven't seen any others since. And the only reason I got 9 is because I caught one of the guys at gggt putting them in the stack to go to Amazon.com...so I convinced him to switch them out for other tb of the same weight. Talk about customer service, lmao. Very lucky day, right place and right time.

If I didn't have these stars I would just start buying jl. Much easier and more os. But I'm set for quite some time.

Whats the best teebird mold for me - Im looking basically for a mold that flies just like a dx Teebird right out of the box, except doesnt beat in as fast and holds more of a straight line, without much turn and a reliable fade. My first teebird is getting beat, and its to the point where I throw that one and it goes right, while the same throw with my newer dx goes nice and straight with a nice fade. I know it could be user error at first but Ive thrown both off the same tee one right after another enough to realize the beat one definitely is flying waaay right w a RHBH 90% of the time.

Whats the best teebird mold for me - Im looking basically for a mold that flies just like a dx Teebird right out of the box, except doesnt beat in as fast and holds more of a straight line, without much turn and a reliable fade. My first teebird is getting beat, and its to the point where I throw that one and it goes right, while the same throw with my newer dx goes nice and straight with a nice fade. I know it could be user error at first but Ive thrown both off the same tee one right after another enough to realize the beat one definitely is flying waaay right w a RHBH 90% of the time.

I would say a Star would be a safe bet. Something a bit lighter or lower PLH to match that out of box DX flight.

Yup, high 160's- low 170's GStar is what he's looking for.

i would go with a higher weight echo star or gstar teebird. they will season quicker/quickly and last longer.

in my experience the g-star teebirds seem easy to throw straight even in max weight variants. i remember my g-star teebirds being super meat hooks at first but quickly becoming straight. so first impressions were bad, but I loved the flight after they quickly broke in.

I recently lost my perfectly seasoned echostar teebird. :( i saw where it landed but it must have buried under leaves. Echo star tends to season quicker than star, but still is very durable. I went with a little heavier in grams to compensate for any chunks/breaking in/seasoning it would go through while on its way to hitting that sweet spot.

Cool guys thanks! I love the flight of a band new teebird - bought a second shortly after buying the first. Unfortunately, my local Dunahms hasn't even had any teebirds in the past 3 years, I have to drive 35 minutes away to Ashland WI Walmart to get a Teebird, and they're only in dx. Looks like I'll be headed online for a purchase.

Cool guys thanks! I love the flight of a band new teebird - bought a second shortly after buying the first. Unfortunately, my local Dunahms hasn't even had any teebirds in the past 3 years, I have to drive 35 minutes away to Ashland WI Walmart to get a Teebird, and they're only in dx. Looks like I'll be headed online for a purchase.

Posts like this remind me of how lucky I am to live in an amazing Disc Golf city! The Queen City (Charlotte, NC) Has so many amazing disc shops, its tough to remember them all.

I'm truly spoiled

Gstar, hands down IMO.

I just got a sweet 12x JL Teeb, and MAN! That thing is Stable Tasty! High shoulder, but flat topped. Color me impressed! My main TeeBird in the bag is a Glow Cal-tooled. This new JL is awfully close to it in flight!

Also, happened upon a sweet Star TeeBird. I think it's marked *TB. It's stamped with the modern Flight numbers TeeBird stamp, but the Disc has patent numbers, and is decently flat. The plastic is nice and stiff, almost chalky, and very grippy with some swirl. Imagine those First Run Pre-Release TeeRex. That Orange swirly plastic. It's 171, which is usually too light for me. But this thing is stable enough. First throw with it, I pumped that thing 30ft passed my other 'Birds!