• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I was looking at getting me another Teebird.

I was looking at the Echostar Teebirds the other day,but I'm not sure how different it will throw from my Star Teebird.

Are the EchoStars pretty good?

I've always just used DX,Champion and Star.

IMO the echo star teebird has lower durability then regular star. I use them for cheap replacements if I lose a beat champ. They started off pretty straight. With a lot of use in a wooded course could make them fly like a broken in dx in no time. I've never kept one in the bag for super long usually get my beat champs back but I'd assume it'll hold the turnover period for a lot longer then a dx before it becomes a trick shot/ flat to roller type disc.

I'm about to pick up another Teebird or two and I'm wondering what is the most OS variant around these days, other than the Brinster bird. Things like stamps, colors, 11x/12x, metal flake, jolly launcher, flatness etc.

I've seen some recent flat and soft jolly launchers that were pretty beefy. I have some champ teebirds that should be arriving soon from an innova tournament order...I'm hoping I get some of those.

Yeah, the current run of Champ TBs are really great right off the shelf. You can just grab a max weight one and it will give you plenty of beef.

Yeah, the current run of Champ TBs are really great right off the shelf. You can just grab a max weight one and it will give you plenty of beef.
This!

I throw a lot of beefy Cal-tooled TeeBirds. When these new runs of JL Teebs came out I noticed the flatter top and high PLH. I had to try one. Very beefy. Alternatively, the new runs of CFR colored Glow Teebs are also pretty stable. I'm assuming they're the same run as the modern JL.

I was looking at the Echostar Teebirds the other day,but I'm not sure how different it will throw from my Star Teebird.

Are the EchoStars pretty good?

I can't speak to Teebirds, but I have an EchoStar Valkyrie and an EchoStar Tern. Both perform almost identically to my Star versions of those molds. EchoStar feels very slightly more 'slick' than Star plastic to me, but other than that I can't tell much difference between them.

I can't speak to Teebirds, but I have an EchoStar Valkyrie and an EchoStar Tern. Both perform almost identically to my Star versions of those molds. EchoStar feels very slightly more 'slick' than Star plastic to me, but other than that I can't tell much difference between them.

My EchoStar Teebird is a bit more stiff than standard Star. Similar to the older PFN Star to me.

Flat Glow Champs are right up there with Brinsters and AJs. I throw a AJ as my overstable Teebird as they have better grip and more glide than Champion Teebirds. Champs took 6 months of beating in to get to the point of gliding as I expect.

Last edited:
how long does it take to make an echo bird under stable enough to flip?

I throw my Teebirds 300-310' at what for me is a comfortable power level (75-80%) and a 6 month old EchoStar will pop up from a really small hyzer but doesn't "flip" up yet. I pulled mine from my bag to get another one to that same spot as my "middle stability" Teebird. My G* of a similar amount of use is more of a "flip up" kind of disc. For my power, it will probably take over a year of wear and tear to "flip up" a EchoStar.

Based on your power level and the weight of the disc, this would increase or decrease. YMMV.

Rank stability of different plastic types in Teebirds.

I have only ever had/thrown one Teebird, a 12x 175 Champ. LOVE IT. Straight shooter with a decent fade at 300', a little turn and still decent fade out to 325'. But I'm thinking about platooning them. How would you guys rank the stability of Teebirds in their many plastic types, and how do you find the different types useful? THANKS!!

from what i know and have thrown. i throw a seasoned up gstar or dx tb a hair over 400' on a perfect throw. typically more like 360-380.

from os to neutral/us

11x cal, flat as pancake = don't bother. save that for the collectors.

brinster/aj - not bad. good wind fighting tb. i'd prefer to keep that spot for a banshee or trident or something.

current run 12x jl - (or stiff and flat star if you can find them; the stars like that are rare.) both of these are just about as good at fighting wind as the aj/brinster. i can throw them 360' max.

gstar teebirds, awesome. flatter than the older domey 12x plastic and current domey star. amazing HSS, should have no turn out of the box. great glide with a regular TB fade. these are like the best dx teebirds you've ever thrown; they will get up and GO without any seasoning despite their HSS.

teebirds not really worth mentioning fall into this weird middle ground. typically domey 12x/11x ca tooled. they will turn and get tossed by the wind. i'd rather just throw a gstar and season it up or start with a dx instead.

dx teebirds, awesome to beat up into rollers and sky high turnover shots.

from what i know and have thrown. i throw a seasoned up gstar or dx tb a hair over 400' on a perfect throw. typically more like 360-380.

from os to neutral/us

11x cal, flat as pancake = don't bother. save that for the collectors.

brinster/aj - not bad. good wind fighting tb. i'd prefer to keep that spot for a banshee or trident or something.

current run 12x jl - (or stiff and flat star if you can find them; the stars like that are rare.) both of these are just about as good at fighting wind as the aj/brinster. i can throw them 360' max.

gstar teebirds, awesome. flatter than the older domey 12x plastic and current domey star. amazing HSS, should have no turn out of the box. great glide with a regular TB fade. these are like the best dx teebirds you've ever thrown; they will get up and GO without any seasoning despite their HSS.

teebirds not really worth mentioning fall into this weird middle ground. typically domey 12x/11x ca tooled. they will turn and get tossed by the wind. i'd rather just throw a gstar and season it up or start with a dx instead.

dx teebirds, awesome to beat up into rollers and sky high turnover shots.

Damn, going to have to try a gstar, would be nice if they could kick my CAL out of the bag. Never tried one simply because I never liked the regular Star ones.

On the lookout for a flat max weight gstar:)

You know me...I live and die by my 11x CALs. But, I have to be honest, since bagging my IFS G* TB I find myself reaching for my CAL less and less. Its kinda turning my world upside down lol. All of my IFS G*TBs are 11x CAL flat, but every production run G* TB I've picked up is domier, like a CA mold. Not sure what I'll do once I run out of the IFS ones. I might try flattening a Production G*, but I'm thinking the softer plastic wont flatten well.

The G* def compares very well to an 11x CAL. Flatter, faster, and straighter than other TB molds.

Van1, I don't throw gstar tb anymore and I've only ever thrown three 11x tb, one champ .ca, one champ cal and one kc pro. But this guy seems to know more about 11x cal tb than me and he agrees. Maybe pm him and see if they're still working out.

My comparison to a more hss dx tb I'll stand by though for sure.

Van1, I don't throw gstar tb anymore and I've only ever thrown three 11x tb, one champ .ca, one champ cal and one kc pro. But this guy seems to know more about 11x cal tb than me and he agrees. Maybe pm him and see if they're still working out.

My comparison to a more hss dx tb I'll stand by though for sure.

Thanks. I missed the part about the regular gstar ones being domey. Nothing beats a beat 11x CAL. I only have a couple backups and they are closer to collector condition. I do have a few CAs that are sweet but they are also very collectable. As long as I dont lose the one in my bag I will be fine:)

Old TLs are a sweet compliment to the t-bird when fresh...throw in a jk pro Valk and I don't think you can do much better for a fairway driver arsenal!

Last edited:
I love good DX Teebirds.

Problem is, they're difficult to find.

There was a run a few years back with super stiff, flat and grippy DX. I wish I could have bought a stack.

It was almost like KC or McPro.