• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Wondering if this is normal or if I have a freak bird. But I've got a 159 powder blue starlite teebird that is more stable than any brand new champ or star I've thrown. It still has the glide of a teebird, but the fade of a firebird. And it is crazy stable in the wind too.

I originally bought this for the purpose of quickly beating in a "premium" plastic bird for my US fairway slot, but now I'm not sure I want to accelerate the wear process anymore.

Wondering if this is normal or if I have a freak bird. But I've got a 159 powder blue starlite teebird that is more stable than any brand new champ or star I've thrown. It still has the glide of a teebird, but the fade of a firebird. And it is crazy stable in the wind too.

I originally bought this for the purpose of quickly beating in a "premium" plastic bird for my US fairway slot, but now I'm not sure I want to accelerate the wear process anymore.

Sounds like a cool disc. It might be from a run of the "stabilized" discs they do for pros playing the Japan Open. I haven't heard of stabilized Teebirds before, but I know they did it with other molds. What's the stamp? Is it an F2?

I threw my daughters 135 starlite teebird and was surprised at how stable it was... my jaw dropped when it flipped a hair, locked on line and flew like a rocket.

I threw my daughters 135 starlite teebird and was surprised at how stable it was... my jaw dropped when it flipped a hair, locked on line and flew like a rocket.

That's why the pros, even the big arms, still throw Teebirds. They are a truly stable mold and can handle a lot of power.

Interesting. I haven't seen that claim, but maybe they do; it might make me look harder at the Starlites if that were the case. Do you have a source on that?

Can't remember but maybe one of Dave's q&a sessions.

I've only tried a handful of starlites but all have been surprisingly stable for the weight.

yep, my girlfirend's starlight Valk and the starlight Tern I have are both stable to overstable. Both really nice swirly Star plastic too.

the gstarlight Boss I had, however, went from s-curve to super flippy in ~2 months.

yep, my girlfirend's starlight Valk and the starlight Tern I have are both stable to overstable. Both really nice swirly Star plastic too.

the gstarlight Boss I had, however, went from s-curve to super flippy in ~2 months.

Yeah I threw a GStarlite Boss once and it was super flat and flippy out of the box. You could still get it to fade if you threw it high enough or did a deep enough hyzer flip, but it was too flippy to be a reliable driver for me for sure.

I'm interested to hear everybody saying that Starlite stuff is stable. I might just have to pick up a couple Starlite discs to mess around with.

I'm interested to hear everybody saying that Starlite stuff is stable. I might just have to pick up a couple Starlite discs to mess around with.

I've thrown a bunch of it that was super stable brand new. I bought my girlfriend a couple of different molds in starlite in the 140ish gram range, and EVERYTHING was super overstable, even at my 400+ power. It all broke in pretty quick to be more what I expected from those molds.

There are a lot of starlite that is flippy crap like Blizzard. There are huge variations from disc to disc, just like Blizzard

I just got a max weight Champion Teebird with funny money from a tournament I cashed in last weekend. It's actually a little gummy compared to my other Champion Teebirds. It has a little more dome to it than pretty much all my other Champs as well. Is this how all Champs are coming out now? Or did I just get unlucky with a domey one? Its definitely JL...I just hate the dome on it.

All the teebs I saw at gggt yesterday had some some to them, but not what I'd call domey. Not as flat as the teebs I saw 1/2 years ago either.

I picked up a 170 on the marketplace here and it is pretty flat. Not even close to domey. My max weight bird has a bit higher plh but isn't domey either. Both fly as expected.

Those KJ Nybo Teebirds though....

That is one hell of a throwback stamp. Awesome to finally see that design again! Something about it just feels RIGHT.

kj_sst_tb_1.jpg

looks like they used the OS Avery star teebird mold. so pretty.

Last edited: