• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I've been getting really lucky lately nabbing all the sweet releases....guess it's about time I got burned. Had them in my cart both times, and sold out before I could check out.

Hopefully they restock for Friday. I'm loving the latest runs of Star Teebirds with the Avery sig both in feel and flight, so if these are similar but with those awesome swirls and stamp, I'll be psyched.

I've been getting really lucky lately nabbing all the sweet releases....guess it's about time I got burned. Had them in my cart both times, and sold out before I could check out.

Hopefully they restock for Friday. I'm loving the latest runs of Star Teebirds with the Avery sig both in feel and flight, so if these are similar but with those awesome swirls and stamp, I'll be psyched.

What are you liking about the Avery stock run flightwise?

I finally started throwing Teebird about 2 weeks ago. First I bought a Barry champ, way over stable, I lost it on the first throw into a water hazard. It faded way harder than I expected. Next day I went and bought a Start Avery, and it is still overstable but more linear compared to the champ to me. I'll be buying another one soon as a back up in case something happens to the Star Avery I'm throwing now.

I'd like to throw a Barry Champ.

Haha, yeah I thought about correcting him, but thought it wasn't worth the correction. It's just a name on a disc anyway. For the record Barry Schultz has his name on the champ Leopard and Ken Climo on the champ Teebird. As far as I know, there are no Barry champ Teebirds although if there are I'm sure someone on here will correct me.

Teebirds are awesome. The tour series looks nice. maybe get one in the future, but these limited runs make it tough to pick up. Is there a limit on the purchases? I can see some dudes just getting like 30 of them haha ehh

Teebirds are awesome. The tour series looks nice. maybe get one in the future, but these limited runs make it tough to pick up. Is there a limit on the purchases? I can see some dudes just getting like 30 of them haha ehh

The Innova Factory Store does not have a limit on the number you can buy, no. I don't know about people picking up 30, but I imagine most of the people buying them bought at least 5 because that's how many it takes to put you over the $75 threshold for free shipping. Nobody wants to pay for shipping and these sell out so fast that you don't have time to go shopping for other discs to add to your cart. Given how cool these look, you can almost certainly sell any you don't want to throw at a profit. If I had jumped on the bandwagon faster, I would have bought 5 probably. It's all fine and dandy to say people shouldn't scalp them, but the system is really designed to encourage people to do so. I'm not pay $6 shipping on 2 discs just so I can be "nice" and let other people have a turn (when most of those other people are probably buying 5+ anyway). I'm sad I didn't get any of these, but I have no doubt they will be restocked several more times and I'll definitely pick some up then.

I finally started throwing Teebird about 2 weeks ago. First I bought a Barry champ, way over stable, I lost it on the first throw into a water hazard. It faded way harder than I expected. Next day I went and bought a Start Avery, and it is still overstable but more linear compared to the champ to me. I'll be buying another one soon as a back up in case something happens to the Star Avery I'm throwing now.

If you want a straighter one, look into Gstar. They tend to be the most mellow Teebirds of the premium plastic and glide very well. Although I have not thrown very recently made Gstar Teebirds but the ones I have tried in the past bomb and are mellow. I estimate 30-50' difference for myself between champ (OS) and Gstar Teebird, for example.

I have a hard time calling G* a premium plastic.

Also, I'm sure there's several people buying up 25-30 of the Pro Shop releases at a time. In fact, I know a couple off the top of my head. It does suck. Limit it to 5 per order.

I don't really have a problem with any of that, I got like 7 HL terns when they came out. But wish they just MADE these discs in the Swirly Star lines because they are coming out VERY nice, all the HL terns I got were pristine, no domes, no flashing. If they just made these AS star discs and had more it would be nice to go through a website and choose the exact disc you want, etc, etc. I have enough discs anyway, but these teebirds look nice. so, we'll see.

Thanks for the Correction on the teebird.. It was the KC Champ teebird. It seemed to be more over stable at the same weight when compared to the Star Avery.

Just added one of 11x KC Pro Teebirds to my bag after throwing only trilogy for 2 years. Going to start throwing a mixed bag again. Just so much more consistent than a saint pro. It has less glide and wont go quite as far, but I trust it more.

Just added one of 11x KC Pro Teebirds to my bag after throwing only trilogy for 2 years. Going to start throwing a mixed bag again. Just so much more consistent than a saint pro. It has less glide and wont go quite as far, but I trust it more.
11x KC Pro.... You certainly jumped back in to Teebird land with full force.

Quick question guys, out of the readily available teebirds right now on the major websites like discgolfcenter, what would be the most stable/overstable teebird to compliment my gstar and dx?

Quick question guys, out of the readily available teebirds right now on the major websites like discgolfcenter, what would be the most stable/overstable teebird to compliment my gstar and dx?

A new Star with a touch of dome is going to be pretty beefy. New stock Champ is beefy, but it wears off pretty quick.

Max weight champion with tall plh and limited dome.