• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

kj_sst_tb_1.jpg

looks like they used the OS Avery star teebird mold. so pretty.

Star teebird mold?

Is this a thing?

Star teebird mold?

Is this a thing?

it's the same description of the older tour support Avery teebird which was well known for being very OS. it was like the star version of the brinster bird.

I don't know how they do it but those older Avery tour series and brinster birds are beef cakes.

I have lots of both.

The brinster bird claimed a tweaked mold for OS. Whatever that means.

I thought the AJ stars were os bc of high PLH and stiff plastic.

We won't know until there's at least two or three more restocks.

Right now these are just for Facebook auctions so nerds can hand them on a wall.

Pulled the trigger on these. Nice to be able to buy good Teebirds that don't have Avery Jenkins name on them and also don't cost a mint like good patent number *T.

Pulled the trigger on these. Nice to be able to buy good Teebirds that don't have Avery Jenkins name on them and also don't cost a mint like good patent number *T.

What's wrong with having Avery Jenkins name on them?

Picked up a stack of these during the Saturday re-stocking ... thinking that if these "Ny-birds" are grippy, flat, stable, and somewhat long-lasting, that they'll have some additional desirability because of the old-school stamp flavor.

These Nybos are reminding me of an 175g F2 I picked up a few months back. I posted some (not so great) pics in the ID a Disc thread. I haven't thrown tons of Teebirds, but this one is fairly stiff swirly star with a fairly high PLH. It must have been marked a factory second because a couple different colors made it into the mold.

I love the thing for forehands and long straight shots that need to fade at the end. Do you guys have any idea what mold this was?

168 dx teebird no name nearly new now my roller. I was gifted it today. It wasn't flippy enough on her maiden flight but the next one hit a tree.:thmbup:

it's the same description of the older tour support Avery teebird which was well known for being very OS. it was like the star version of the brinster bird.

I don't know how they do it but those older Avery tour series and brinster birds are beef cakes.

Can confirm. I have a first release Brinster bird in my bag and it is the most OS teebird I've ever thrown.

Can confirm. I have a first release Brinster bird in my bag and it is the most OS teebird I've ever thrown.

Yeah. Brinsters were claimed to have used a tweaked mold.

I never heard that with the AJ stars tho

I have thrown several of the 2013 AJ Stars, and they do start out pretty overstable. They're maybe not quite as overstable as the original 2013 Brinster Teebirds, but probably as overstable as the later 2014/2015 runs of Brinsters. I remember that in the descriptions of both the Brinsters and AJ's on the Factory store it mentioned that they were molded to be overstable, but I don't think it mentioned how that was done. Could have been a mold tweak; that was the rumor about the Brinsters at least. I actually suspect it was just how they were cooled though. From what I understand of plastics and injection molding, cooling a disc more slowly will make it retain a shape closer to the original mold (which for most drivers would give it more dome and a higher wing). The Brinsters definitely had pretty good domes and high wings. I don't think the AJ's had quite as high of a dome, but they definitely had some dome.

I stand corrected

The first brinster birds had dome for sure. Ajs not so much.

I missed them again...
Ugly Nybo Teebirds are showing up on feepay for a slight upcharge.

Found a red Gstsr plus mold teebird today with no name on it. Picked it up and threw it on the next hole and hit the basket from 305ft away. Almost my first ace! I was bummed it didn't actually go in.

Anyway, I've never seen the plus mold before. What do people think of them? Any good? I like it so far...