• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Critique Request

I'm no backhand expert (nor FH...) but it looks like you're doing most of the work with your arm, very little body involvement. More hip/waist rotation in your run up and follow through, used properly, could add a lot to your throw.

Not much follow through either, but I think with the added body movement and inertia more of a follow through may come naturally.

Mull through other form analyses and you'll find a lot of other helpful videos. Those were the particular 2 I though would help most.

See especially the parts about "starting the lawnmower" and where your weight should be when you finish.

I would say your reach back could the most work.

If you see the attached images reach.png is the furthest you reach back. Notice arm is bent at elbow, you are looking over your shoulder towards target I assume and you are perpendicular to the target.

Try have a more loose run/walk up and to move the lower part of your body more. On walk up, take your right shoulder blade and have it look directly at target. Do not look over your shoulder. Instead, look towards the back of the teepad where your straight arm should be extended back with disc. Takes a while to be comfortable and not see exactly where you are throwing but you can get it.

Now release.png is your release. Looks like your weight is behind your plant foot. Maybe try getting more weight on the lead foot.

Follow.png shows the extent of your follow through. I exaggerate mine and for RHBH come pretty much a full circle and have my left foot land ahead of my right/plant foot.

*Side Note*
This is my advice. I cannot claim that this will work for you nor for anyone else. I am in no means a big arm, just someone who wants more people to become better.

Attachments

• Reach.jpg
    Reach.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Release.jpg
    Release.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Follow.jpg
    Follow.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts