• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
not too bad of a disc but not a great disc either.

you don't think it's great, other people hate it. not much difference.

also I'm sure you know the Groove is a popular object of ridicule around here. You had to expect some comments :)

It's just very nose sensitive and fast. So any miscue in form or wind and it does it's own thing. Player error mostly. I've seen top players make great shots with a groove. Many also don't like the little groove on the underside of the lip...mah whatever.
Since the Katana came out those with poor form can get similiar results without the same required skill.
Basically the groove is not a very forgiving discs and requires a great deal of skill and perfect conditions to throw properly.

To each their own, use it, if you like its worth the five spot you spent on it, and if you hate it no biggie. Just because it gets a bad rep on here doesn't mean that it won't work for you.
Biz
Team Bert

To each their own, use it, if you like its worth the five spot you spent on it, and if you hate it no biggie. Just because it gets a bad rep on here doesn't mean that it won't work for you.
Biz
Team Bert

:thmbup:

let the haters hate and let the players play

The Groove is in the heart, and that's where it should be.

Hey, on the upside, you now have a nice disc to throw,

either in a lake, or off a cliff, or anywhere else far from your bag.

Or to jukeshoe, who is the only person in the world who a groove works for.

51745-15_groove_heart_deee_lite_1990.jpg

It's just very nose sensitive and fast. So any miscue in form or wind and it does it's own thing. Player error mostly. I've seen top players make great shots with a groove. Many also don't like the little groove on the underside of the lip...mah whatever.
Since the Katana came out those with poor form can get similiar results without the same required skill.
Basically the groove is not a very forgiving discs and requires a great deal of skill and perfect conditions to throw properly.

These are my thoughts as well.

I'm perfecting my forehand hyzer flip shot, and the Groove is the disc that makes it possible for me. When I get it right, it goes laser straight, and farther than anything else I throw FH.

I also have a Star Monarch thats a meat and taters backhand fast anny disc, has not left my bag since I got it two years ago, so discs with rrrridges are not distracting to me in any way.

Throwing any of these discs is just a matter of understanding exactly what they were designed to do. The extreme combination of speed, turn, and glide, that the Groove is capable of, should be intimidating to most players, but if you get it understand it, its a great flyer.