• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
The Groove is in the heart, and that's where it should be.

deelite.jpg

Okay, so my username gives me away, but the Groove is the best disc I've found (so far) for distance and accuracy with my forehand. But after doing some reading on here, I've realized that I need to go back to the basic discs (perhaps a leopard, teebird, valkyrie, etc) because I am only a disc golfer of 6 months and obviously my form needs improvement if I can only huck the champion groove 220' (on a "great" drive). I also think that the Groove is covering up my poor form because it has ruined me in the sense that I can't really throw much of anything else now for a driver because I got so used to throwing the groove.

So yeah, think I'm gonna start using a Buzzz and/or my KC Pro Roc and get my form up to speed so I can chuck those distance drivers as long as they are designed to go. Time to face up to reality, I'm still a beginner and I am going to be intellectually honest with myself in going back to the basics.

Okay, so my username gives me away, but the Groove is the best disc I've found (so far) for distance and accuracy with my forehand. But after doing some reading on here, I've realized that I need to go back to the basic discs (perhaps a leopard, teebird, valkyrie, etc) because I am only a disc golfer of 6 months and obviously my form needs improvement if I can only huck the champion groove 220' (on a "great" drive). I also think that the Groove is covering up my poor form because it has ruined me in the sense that I can't really throw much of anything else now for a driver because I got so used to throwing the groove.

So yeah, think I'm gonna start using a Buzzz and/or my KC Pro Roc and get my form up to speed so I can chuck those distance drivers as long as they are designed to go. Time to face up to reality, I'm still a beginner and I am going to be intellectually honest with myself in going back to the basics.

Whats even cooler is you are from North Dakota and Dakota Territory needs some reviews on their courses!

Whats even cooler is you are from North Dakota and Dakota Territory needs some reviews on their courses!

Or better still... pictures! Most of the courses in that state on this site don't have pictures. Reviews are one thing but pictures add so much more.

If I were a top pro I would carry a groove and win a big tournament using it. Then I would claim that it's the most versatile disc in my bag. Then the groove would get it's groove back. Then hundreds of noobs would start buying them and the guys over at DGR would get a custom run made. Then Frank D would come on here and apologize for all the bad things he's said about grooves over the years.

If I were a top pro I would carry a groove and win a big tournament using it. Then I would claim that it's the most versatile disc in my bag. Then the groove would get it's groove back. Then hundreds of noobs would start buying them and the guys over at DGR would get a custom run made. Then Frank D would come on here and apologize for all the bad things he's said about grooves over the years.

Make it happen, dammit! :)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=1075&p=0d1eea14

Look at the picture for hole 8 at Cape May County Zoo.....its a completely flat course through a picnic grove and the dude is holding a Groove....I nearly fell off my chair.
I'm hoping this pic was done in jest or as a joke as theres not a hole there you need a driver for especially a groove.

The Groove is too cool of a disc for Feldberg. :|

But, what I have learned.....throw what works for you. But, if you find yourself stagnating with no improvement over a few months...think about practicing with some other discs. I know some good players that throw Grooves, but they are seasoned veterans. I picked one up with my winnings this summer and an old pro was standing there and asked what I got, when I told him...he said yeah, that's a really hard disc to learn.

Or better still... pictures! Most of the courses in that state on this site don't have pictures. Reviews are one thing but pictures add so much more.

No problem. Here's all I have. Only 5 pictures after playing this course a dozen times this summer. Pretty sad, but better than nothing. This was some extreme discin' action. I was the only doofus who wore a thin windbreaker jacket and no gloves (gotta have full range of motion and good grip, lol). This is Klaus Park in Jamestown, North Dakota. Most of the holes are short (about 200-300, and a few 400+). Water actively comes into play on three holes, but if you shank one really bad, you could lose a disc on five holes.

The photos are not great as they are more casual and don't show a direct teepad-to-basket angle or anything, but it's all I have. More to come this summer. This is actually from my sister's camera, I didn't take these.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/John_Erickson/Disc Golfing in Klaus Park/