• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
Groove Hate

I'm new to the forum and one thing that has really caught my eye is the amount of hate for the Innova Groove. Why is that?

A lot of people find them to be unpredictably flippy. As with most Innova discs there are inconsistencies from run to run. I used to have a 1st run that was pretty stable.

As they say, "every Groove is a unique snowflake of suck."

When the disc came out it was supposed to be a more beginner friendly version of the Boss. It wasn't. They really run all over the place in terms of stability, you don't know what you're getting with them.

Thanks, I wish I could take credit for that one, but I can't. It's a DGR proverb.

Hmmmm is it the nose angle or the stability hmmmmm

I can't control it either but I have the same issue with the SL maybe some molds r just finnicky

I loved my groove so much, that I threw it off the highest point of the sleeping bear dunes.

line0077.jpg

AAAANNNNNDDDDD it's gone!

Lol, I really did though! :hfive:

you shouldve thrown a dragon........it floats.

beautiful btw I gotta get to Michigan

I just wanted to put that groove in a watery grave from a 1000+ foot toss. It was worth it.

And yeah, if you ever come up to Michigan and get a chance to goto the Sleeping Bear Dunes, don't pass it up. Easily the most scenic place in Michigan next to the "Pictured Rocks" in the U.P. Plus it's amazing to throw a disc from the top. Even a groove made it all the way down to the water.

I had someone tape the throw for me, but he didn't press record on time. So I didn't get to put it on youtube like I planned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBBBK7yBDKU

Last edited:
If you have one groove and you figure out how to use it, it'll probably work well for you. Most of them are not overstable though, and they're just finicky - not forgiving with nose and release angle. Its what I use for s-curve, tailwind sidearms though... and steep tomahawks up to about 200'.

The groove is like any other disc. If thrown with proper technique and in the right situation it is a great disc. Most people would probably get better results if they got rid of all the plastic that is way out of their power range and moved to less stable discs like the groove.;)