• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
It's funny, because all of the negative stigma surrounding this disc almost makes it appealing. I've done my best to avoid buying one, but I know that at some point I'm going to end up with one. Have you ever purchased a video game, after reading one horrible review after another, only to find out that it was an awesome diamond in the rough? No? .. me either ...

I was young, foolish and seduced by the novelty.

It wore off the moment I threw it.

Ding Ding!

I feel like people (non no0bs) that actually throw Grooves are the same people that wear shorts when its snowing, just to be different.

Does this disc honestly fly perfect for anyone???

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to add.. I sidearmed a Groove about 430ft once into a headwind.. no joke.. i dont include it as my longest drive however because it literally caught two full wind gusts to push it 20' higher with each gust.

different strokes for different folks.... different meaning 'more' when certain folks be groovin'

I like it, still have a couple... i have big hands so I can stand the odd rim... it is not currently in my bag due to the fact that i dont care for inconsistency in feel.

i can throw the pants off it but still just feels a little odd in the hand

*cough he has a groove ace on a 260' hole cough*

:p

Really though, I like my Groove.

it may be only 260' but it's a blind shot

picture.php

I found one on a course once (no ink), I've thrown it a bit, can actually get it to fly quite well with some impressive distance, but not consistently. Forest on the other hand, loves the thing, if he tries hard enough he can fold it in half, and I've seen him throw it about 10 feet. Just for fun I throw it in a variety of fashions, it is the only disc that I've seen come back left with a RH thumber, and it has a nice right fade with a grenade, but this may have something to do with all of the teeth marks and that it's been folded in half multiple times..

260' straight up a hill...:\

maybe?

blind shot, down a hill, around a corner, behind some trees :)

it's the favorite hole on the course for most people i've talked to

lol Yeah, I love that hole when I make the blind turn. When I miss it, I effing hate it!

Over-threw it last time with my Hornet, but before that, I would throw Preds and Teebirds at it. Stopped doing that cause I dont want to wind up acroos #1s fairway and in the creek.

Mine has become crazy understable after a lot of breaking in, but I used to throw it for some uphill and tailwind shots with pretty nice sucess, FH; its just too touchy to throw BH with.

*forgot to mention its my dogs disc now, does some beautiful long annys that never stop though

its also best to leave some things deunreopened

Last edited:
I have a groove, and have had it for a pretty long time. I can throw it well. Reading the comment about the guy with big hands.... maybe that is why I don't mind that wide rim so much. I get good distance out of it, however, now that it is extremely broken in, it tends to anhyzer on me, when I try to overdo it! It's just little tweeks I need to work out. I do like my groove though....

Like it has been said, different stroke for different folks. I just wanted to read some more opinions.