• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
You can usually get them pretty cheap on the Marketplace.
IIRC, seen them go for $4, including shipping.

I know a guy that destroys with grooves....they are just generally hated by everyone heh. Most noobs buy them for some reason...they are definitely not for noobs.

Awesome disc...

...for testing out your dying skills.

I thought this thread was fail..but im actually getting a lot of good ideas on what to do with the grooves that I find.

I was playing a trouny once and he had a first run champ that he said he really liked. Didn't like any of the regular run but insisted that first runs were money.

I thought this thread was fail..but im actually getting a lot of good ideas on what to do with the grooves that I find.
LOL I am glad this thread is "making a comeback"...

I actually kind of learned to throw with the groove. I am realizing that I have fallen into this deep dark place called "noob land". It seems we noobs have been lulled into thinking more speed = grater distance, therefore, better game. I am learning more and more that it's all about form, finesse....

But still... i hear all the talk about the groove being very testy depending on where the nose is angled at release point, it's more a snap action and arm speed as opposed to big x step wind up throws. I realized this quickly, and therefore had to improve those things. I can throw my groove pretty well when I am "in my groove" LOL. but If I am off at all form wise, that disc can be very unforgiving! I now realize this in depth and have decided that for me the Groove has served as a great learning tool. Although it mostly stays tucked away in my bag, as I have mainly been throwing my Star Katana, it still does come out every now and then when I need to anhyzer throw.

Good deal. Thanks for putting up with another groove thread folks.

Also, I have decided to step down to a lower speed. I am thinking of Tee Bird (champion) - I like the champion plastics more than pro. How about discraft or Lat 64? Which of those would be comparable to a speed 7 - 8 innova? Thanks again everyone!

the groove was in my bag for a while, and I used it on a hole at my local course that was a super hard left turn. I got good results out of it on that hole, but it was worthless anywhere else. When that hole was removed and a new hole added in its place, I traded the disc to a guy for a jk pro 4x valk which I recently traded to apdrvya for a z tyedye wasp. So in the long run it was a really good disc.

I got 2 first run grooves and played with them in practice and light round play but they never made the bag. traded them away and it was all for the better.

The first one I bought was a good disc for forehanding. I could throw it with both distance and accuracy. After it beat flippy, I bought a new one to replace it... not a good experience. So, I bought another one thinking the 2nd disc wasn't "right"... not a good experience. Remembering the good times I had with my first Groove, I bought one in another town so I might not get the same batch of "funny ones"... not a good experience.

I came to the conclusion, as many have here on the forum, that the good ones are the rare finds. The do exist. I've seen other players have success with theirs, but not be able to get another one that's "right".

Bottom line... they are not consistent at all. And for me, there are more bad ones than good ones.

I forehand Wraiths and Bosses now.