• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

frustration

get a faster driver without any high speed turn ( no orcs , destroyers , wraiths, etc...

if you cant throw something overstable in max weight get something lighter

if you want accuracy and distance overstable all the way bro

Do you really think that this will help him gain 50 ft. with correct form? Or do you just enjoy saying exactly opposite of the truth?

get a faster driver without any high speed turn ( no orcs , destroyers , wraiths, etc...

if you cant throw something overstable in max weight get something lighter

if you want accuracy and distance overstable all the way bro

Don't agree. Overstable plastic is not suitable for distance. Try and throw a Pd2 400'.

Do you really think that this will help him gain 50 ft. with correct form? Or do you just enjoy saying exactly opposite of the truth?
if he throws his fairway and midrange 350 yes he would gain 50 ft and maintain accuracy which is what he wants .

btwfoydbn:thmbup:

In my attempts to gain better accuracy with my distances I've been driving with my eagles and rocs. Toying around with my pd's too. I'd like to get to the point where I can crush eagles and pd's 400'+ on command without the aid of high speed drivers. I'm able to hit 340' to 350' fairly consistantly with the eagle and slightly less with my rocs on a good day. It just gets me so frustrated when I play with guys who haven't been playing much longer than I have throwing blizzard's and other discs (too many to mention) 50' farther than my drives and droppin' in dueces like it was nothing. I'm trying to do things the right way and it's like why even bother if I can just pick up these other discs and hit 400' with no effort? These guys are playing in leagues with the best players on the course and taking money. What the heck! Sorry for my rant guys, but I'm just getting very annoyed with my game right now. Anyone else have any similar rants or am I just getting my panties in a bunch? :\[/QUOTE}

If fast drivers hurt current scores or future improvement then none of the Pros would throw them. Instead almost all of the good pros throw fast drivers.

In my attempts to gain better accuracy with my distances I've been driving with my eagles and rocs. Toying around with my pd's too. I'd like to get to the point where I can crush eagles and pd's 400'+ on command without the aid of high speed drivers. I'm able to hit 340' to 350' fairly consistantly with the eagle and slightly less with my rocs on a good day. It just gets me so frustrated when I play with guys who haven't been playing much longer than I have throwing blizzard's and other discs (too many to mention) 50' farther than my drives and droppin' in dueces like it was nothing. I'm trying to do things the right way and it's like why even bother if I can just pick up these other discs and hit 400' with no effort? These guys are playing in leagues with the best players on the course and taking money. What the heck! Sorry for my rant guys, but I'm just getting very annoyed with my game right now. Anyone else have any similar rants or am I just getting my panties in a bunch? :\

the guys throwing bliz discs will not learn anything about the game. concentrate on putting not driving.

If fast drivers hurt current scores or future improvement then none of the Pros would throw them. Instead almost all of the good pros throw fast drivers.

You're using a logical fallacy. Almost all of the good pros will never have a problem with those high speed drivers hyzering out real bad. They also don't have to use OAT or flex shots to keep them from hyzering out. It's painful to watch some people throw Katanas etc. ...

In my attempts to gain better accuracy with my distances I've been driving with my eagles and rocs. Toying around with my pd's too. I'd like to get to the point where I can crush eagles and pd's 400'+ on command without the aid of high speed drivers. I'm able to hit 340' to 350' fairly consistantly with the eagle and slightly less with my rocs on a good day. It just gets me so frustrated when I play with guys who haven't been playing much longer than I have throwing blizzard's and other discs (too many to mention) 50' farther than my drives and droppin' in dueces like it was nothing. I'm trying to do things the right way and it's like why even bother if I can just pick up these other discs and hit 400' with no effort? These guys are playing in leagues with the best players on the course and taking money. What the heck! Sorry for my rant guys, but I'm just getting very annoyed with my game right now. Anyone else have any similar rants or am I just getting my panties in a bunch? :\

if he throws his fairway and midrange 350 yes he would gain 50 ft and maintain accuracy which is what he wants

Nope he wants what he said he wants.

if he throws his fairway and midrange 350 yes he would gain 50 ft and maintain accuracy which is what he wants .

btwfoydbn:thmbup:

Your just full of it by saying throwing something more stable than a destroyer (PD2) is going to help this guy add 50 feet to his eagle. 50 feet on the eagle will come from a better hit and better timing. What you say about distance with accuracy is also BS. Even if you can throw a firebird 400' I almost guarantee the person throwing the teebird and eagle will be more accurate.

The top guy in my league plays with two discs, a destroyer and a putter. Throws the destroyer fh for anything beyond 50'.
The reason he's the top guy is that anything inside 50' is a putt that's most likely going in.

In an interview at the memorial a guy asked mcbeth what he throws on the famous fountain hole, which I believe is 400', and mcbeth said: no wind- teebird, wind- firebird. And that's a minimum of 400' just to cross the water.

The point is each player uses what works for him.
Ignore all the disc down and disc up bs and throw whatever it takes to win.

Yes the top 1% (Mcbeth is likely top .001% or greater) can throw a firebird 400 but as you say he does only because of wind. I agree with the rest though. Throw what works. For the OP I think he should either do field work with a variety of discs to get that extra distance over time with the eagle, or do as others have said, break down, and throw some high speed, medium stability stuff (Blizz boss, certain Katanas, beat in *Destoyer or Pro Destoyer)

what you should do is throw the disc that will get you closest to the hole

if you misthrow a Nuke/Destroyer will you be further from the hole than if you misthrew an Eagle or PD?

I doubt many people would really recommend throwing a Nuke on a 300 foot hole

Chaz's point is if you land 50 feet shorter with an Eagle than the guy throwing the Nuke such that he is 25 feet away and you are 75 feet away

the only way the other guy is beating you is if he is making the putt

if he doesn't make the putt but leaves a drop in and you up shot to within 10-15 feet and can easily can that putt then what did it matter if he threw a Nuke and you an Eagle

Chaz's point is that bottom line it is the putting within the circle that makes the difference and not the disc that got you there

Agreed. I have come to realization I will probably never throw 350' let alone 400'. The only way I can compete with the big arms is to nail my upshots and make my putts. My scores have gone down significantly this year because I have focused on putting and mid shots.

Boss wouldnt be invented for many years when climo was winning championships. Was this tounge and cheek?

Very tongue in cheek. People seem to forget that a lot of the top pro started playing before all the really fast discs came out. Before 2000 there weren't even 9 speed discs which means players didn't need to disc down they were already disced down.

If you can get a Firebird, Pred, Drone, etc., to the pin, they will be the most accurate discs to throw. There's a reason they call these discs "Our most predictable". Wind, snap, etc. has little effect on how they're going to fly. Even release angle isn't going to do anything too terribly crazy to their flight. If you're not throwing anything overstable, you just don't know what accuracy truly means.

My $.02

we may disagree Dan but I think your point may apply to an open hole but not on a tight fairway wooded hole
yes o/s might be the most accurate if you have nice wide open hyzer line

but on some courses that isn't available

Latest posts