• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

frustration

That's why I said 'if' you can get it to the pin. You can't throw them on every hole, and you can't get max D out of them, in general. But when I can throw them, I do.

That's why I said 'if' you can get it to the pin. You can't throw them on every hole, and you can't get max D out of them, in general. But when I can throw them, I do.

All true but along with all this it must be noted that very stable discs limet the range for most players. I would put money down if I saw a random player walk up to a 400 foot hole which a firebird that it will be left and short (RHBH). Some would call this predictably but if the original goal is the pin then I would disagree.

Yes, but clubbing up to an Ape over an Eagle isn't going to decrease your D or predictability. As long as you can handle the huge rim and more specific nose angle.

Yes, but clubbing up to an Ape over an Eagle isn't going to decrease your D or predictability. As long as you can handle the huge rim and more specific nose angle.

If someone lacks the power to thrown an ape it will act "speed overstable" for them on top of being an overstable mold. Therefore it will finish much short and much farther left than something slower.

Your just full of it by saying throwing something more stable than a destroyer (PD2) is going to help this guy add 50 feet to his eagle. 50 feet on the eagle will come from a better hit and better timing. What you say about distance with accuracy is also BS. Even if you can throw a firebird 400' I almost guarantee the person throwing the teebird and eagle will be more accurate.
so we should all drive with fairways, thats a bold opinion that many would disagree with but thats your opinion , should i insult you now

"more stable" what does that even mean . Do you mean more overstable?

from what i remember destroyer has high speed turn dosnt it , making it a stable disc , not an overstable disc . More stable means closer to neutral

and the firebird is a exteme overstable disc i never suggested that.

anyway give your own advice, ill give mine , some other guy will give his , and the o.p. can decide or try for himself . :thmbup:

If we insult everyone that gives advice the only advice will be from bullys with abbilties that might not match everyones body or capabilties:thmbdown:

oh and esaddb

Last edited:
so we should all drive with fairways, thats a bold opinion that many would disagree with but thats your opinion , should i insult you now

"more stable" what does that even mean . Do you mean more overstable?

from what i remember destroyer has high speed turn dosnt it , making it a stable disc , not an overstable disc . More stable means closer to neutral

and the firebird is a exteme overstable disc i never suggested that.

anyway give your own advice, ill give mine , some other guy will give his , and the o.p. can decide or try for himself . :thmbup:

If we insult everyone that gives advice the only advice will be from bullys with abbilties that might not match everyones body or capabilties:thmbdown:

oh and esaddb

Did you read the parts where I agree with bits of what you say or where I recommend some high speed drivers as an option? My saying you are wrong should not be an insult if you stand by what you say. I do.

Man this thread helped my self esteem. I can't throw 300' and it's good to know that I'm not the only one. We should start an "I Can't Throw 300' Anonymous" club.

To the OP. Your friends are lame. Keep doing your work while they keep relying on discs to do the work for them. The hours of labor and frustration will pay off when you pick up a Blizz Katana and put them to shame. I've been doing nothing but putts and field work every day for months (only hit the course once or twice a week), and I wasn't seeing any improvement in my score. Then I went out with a friend who plays daily but doesn't practice, and who won't throw anything below a speed 11. I put away my fairway driver I would have normally thrown, pulled out a max weight Ape (it was a hole with lost disc potential) and outdrove him by a good 50'. I'm not saying that to say that I'm converting back to high speed discs, but to say that the work pays off even when it doesn't seem to show. Keep it up.

be carefull thats not a popular answer , you should have told him to drive with his putter :D.

Because no Pro has ever played a putter only round. Oh wait at one time every round was a putter only round. Then for quite a few years is was only putter and mids. When Climo won his first PDGA World Championship the fastest disc in his bag was a 6 maybe 7 speed.

OP the test will be next year, go play against these guys and see how your game stacks up. I see lots of people like you mentioned and year after year their game stays the same.

Man this thread helped my self esteem. I can't throw 300' and it's good to know that I'm not the only one. We should start an "I Can't Throw 300' Anonymous" club.

To the OP. Your friends are lame. Keep doing your work while they keep relying on discs to do the work for them. The hours of labor and frustration will pay off when you pick up a Blizz Katana and put them to shame. I've been doing nothing but putts and field work every day for months (only hit the course once or twice a week), and I wasn't seeing any improvement in my score. Then I went out with a friend who plays daily but doesn't practice, and who won't throw anything below a speed 11. I put away my fairway driver I would have normally thrown, pulled out a max weight Ape (it was a hole with lost disc potential) and outdrove him by a good 50'. I'm not saying that to say that I'm converting back to high speed discs, but to say that the work pays off even when it doesn't seem to show. Keep it up.

How can you say " your friends are lame" Because they are pulling out a diff disc and parking it when he's not? Everybody has there disc of choice on diff holes. If the op wants to disc down and work on his game .....thats fine op, JUST DONT BITCH ABOUT IT WHEN YOUR FRIENDS DONT!

Agreed. I have come to realization I will probably never throw 350' let alone 400'. The only way I can compete with the big arms is to nail my upshots and make my putts. My scores have gone down significantly this year because I have focused on putting and mid shots.

Throw what works for you! Everybody can talk a good game,but when you get them on the course :rolleyes:. I have a friend that will throw a Nuke on a 150-200 foot shot because he likes what it does for him. Laugh all you want , but he has 2 aces this year from that range with his Nuke " diff courses". Throw what works! Alot of the advice is great, but alot of the people will never perfect good form, good rip, etc......

By the way, anybody that says throwing putter rounds only will make you better....*makes fart noise with mouth

By the way, anybody that says throwing putter rounds only will make you better....*makes fart noise with mouth

You and Mike C are both from OH, you beat him in a round of disc golf and I will believe you statement. He plays tons of putter only rounds so his game should suck.

:popcorn:

You and Mike C are both from OH, you beat him in a round of disc golf and I will believe you statement. He plays tons of putter only rounds so his game should suck.

OK, Mike C is one guy! You get 10 guys to play with putters only and I'll probably beat most of them! Not to mention I'm throwing with the opposite hand because of a injury that hasnt got better after 2 surgeries. My point is theres adv,int,rec divisions for a reason, for most it doesnt matter if you disc down or play with putters, you wont improve that much! Throw whats good for you, dont throw it because everybody else is doing it!

Rocthecourse I'll bet you $100.00 I'll beat your ass with you playing with just putters. And I'm not that good.

^You could improve faster if you played some putter rounds.

Sorry your not able to see all the good putter rounds can do, I personally don't think it is a cure all, but I think it can improve your score. The more shots you have in your arsenal the more options you have when you play, playing with only a putter forces you to learn how to manipulate your putter. The same goes for mid only rounds. I'll play a 1 disc round with any disc in my bag, and at the end of the round I will probably have learned a thing or two. Anything that leads to lower scores down the road is good thing. And besides putter only rounds are fun, at least for those of us who have skill.

Putter only round let's go.

EDIT: Real men only need one putter for their putter rounds.

Last edited:
Yo rocthecourse do you play in any tourneys? what division? Play in scrambles ....A, B or C player?

I play to have fun, you should try it sometime.

Just wondering how much better playing with " putters only " made you. Some guys can do it, like Mike C. I cant even throw a driver 400 like how Mike C can with a putter. So I guessing your a Rec player!

Latest posts