• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest Shot

Cali said:
One of the funniest ones wasn't landing in the trashcan though. It nailed the side of a trashcan making a super loud "DONG!". Scared some girl on the next tee so bad she fell over.

Not a trash can but along the same lines -

A friend of ours was taking a lot longer than we would have liked using the restroom facilities. It gave us enough time to come up with the plan, sneak up to the side of the building, warn others what we were doing, and then asking them to join us.

In all, we had six guys line up against the restroom building. The side is metal and the whole building is like a small barn. On the count of three we all drive our discs into the side of the building at a distance of 20 feet, creating a tremendous boom. Then we hear, "damn it," followed by a long string of other swear words.

Finally he comes out, having gotten over his intial anger, and explains how the noise had almost caused him to blow a sphincter with a sudden and unexpected giant push.

Ah good times on those road trips.

smarkquart said:
No one wants to turn a 300 foot hole in the woods into a 600 foot hole because someone drove the opposite way. In our group, usually this only ends up being funny to the person who played the card.

ChrisWoj can testify to this... When something like that happens to Rooster, it's funny to everybody in the Detroit, Ann Arbor, Flint, Lansing and Toledo areas! :lol:

Eric O said:
In the black ace category my brother had a classic. We were playing safari holes at Champoeg park. We were teeing from pad 2 to basket 4, which is a basket directly behind basket 2 but another 100-150ft beyond. Hole 2 is really short but the straight route is almost 100% protected by trees. My brother tries to throw around the clump of trees and beyond with an Orc. He missed completely and the Orc went dead nuts straight, gapping the trees through a window that doesn't even look big enough for a disc to fit through. An Orc full power into chains not much further than 100ft out makes the most incredible sound. Summary: Black ace from pad 2 into hole 2's basket! It wasn't until about another year later that my brother hit his first actual ace. We still give him shit about the black one.

Similar story here.
My first "ace" was a black ace, and it happened this summer during a tournament at Heritage Park. We were playing 20's teepad to 21's basket, so they had a black garbage bag over 20's basket. I step up to throw my Orc, and let it go on a terrible line. It hit a tree and sailed right into 20's basket. The guys in my group got a pretty good laugh about it. Luckily, I got my first real ace several months later.

My Funniest shot resulted in my first ace!

I was driving hole #9 at Waller Park in Santa Maria. I was throwing a Stingray on an anny line when the disc caught my fingers and went way high and to the right. The disc stalled out and started crashing to the left, it headed straight for the basket and slamed into the chains. I was going for the birdie and got the ACE!!! w00t!!!

SkaBob said:
smarkquart said:
No one wants to turn a 300 foot hole in the woods into a 600 foot hole because someone drove the opposite way. In our group, usually this only ends up being funny to the person who played the card.

ChrisWoj can testify to this... When something like that happens to Rooster, it's funny to everybody in the Detroit, Ann Arbor, Flint, Lansing and Toledo areas! :lol:
Nah, I think George let him off too easy. ;)

There is one hole that plays to the left after a long, straight, narrow fairway, and there is a shed type building if you don't fade left. The shed is just 300 ft dead straight, maybe a little to the right. My strategy on the hole has been hit the shed and take the long putt for a long time. It is a pretty safe shot, because if I try to bend it to the left, I may hit a tree or something. I throw it forehand, so it hyzers right. It is an accessible birdie hole, but if you go for it and hit a tree, you can really put yourself in a bad position. Anyway, my friend had gotten into trouble the past three or four times on the hole, so after I hit the shed and get a favorable role, probably less than 30 feet out, he says, "I'll just cheat like you." He throws it, too high, skips off the roof of the thing, into the next hole's fairway, but before it comes down, one of the drives from the next hole nails it. the disc comes down rolling, into dog path, a dog then picks it up and walks off. He says, "I hate that disc anyway, I'll take a mulligan."

one time me ex-girlfriend came out to walk while we played, she got a solid spike hyzer to the trachea. sucked at the time, pretty awesome looking back at it now.

I was on a hole 6 which faces west talking on my cell phone leaving a message for my friend. My friend told me to get off my phone or he'll break it (joking of course). I am finishing up and somebody threw a horrible drive from hole 7 (faces east.) I get nailed in the neck, scream, my phone get knocked down and breaks. The guy wouldn't even walk up to me he just kept moving.

I caught up to him a few hole later and handed it to him saying that he lost it. I wasn't even mad don't know why he was so nervous. End of story, went to my friends party and he has my message on repeat for everyone. Apparently I sounded like a dying moose on the phone.

optowesome said:
I was on a hole 6 which faces west talking on my cell phone leaving a message for my friend. My friend told me to get off my phone or he'll break it (joking of course). I am finishing up and somebody threw a horrible drive from hole 7 (faces east.) I get nailed in the neck, scream, my phone get knocked down and breaks. The guy wouldn't even walk up to me he just kept moving.

I caught up to him a few hole later and handed it to him saying that he lost it. I wasn't even mad don't know why he was so nervous. End of story, went to my friends party and he has my message on repeat for everyone. Apparently I sounded like a dying moose on the phone.

I had something similar happen, well sort of. I was playing a round at my local course, took my drive on a downhill hole. I was looking for my disc and checking my voice mail at the same time(bad idea) and some guy who apparently couldn't see me(You can't see the spot I was in from the tee) takes his drive, knocks my phone out of my hand and still somehow manged to get a deuce from where it landed. The guy was real sorry when we walked down and saw me freaking out. I wasn't mad at the guy seeing how it was my fault, and we ended up playing the rest of the course together. He sunk a nice 30 foot putt after that.

ChrisWoj said:
SkaBob said:
smarkquart said:

Oh, undoubtedly! I'd have thrown for distance!

I threw a drive straight down the fairway from a tee that went sharply downhill behind it. First tree hit sent it a little left, second tree hit sent it 90 degees left and third tree hit sent it almost in the opposite direction. Of course it didn't hit any other trees on the way down the hill. I ended up about 40' behind the tee and 40' feet left of the tee. The first tree hit was only about 35' off the tee and the three tree hits happened very close together. It was really quite amazing to see. All of the tree hits were so slight that they didn't scrub much speed off of the disc it just got redirected.

This is kind of multiple shots, but hilarious.

90% of the golf courses where im at have bike/walking paths. Hole one the basket is 30 ft in front of the path. The hole itself is about 300ft, so we always nail the path. However, we always wait for people to pass by most of the time.

Well a few holes back my friend and I were warming up at a near by hole. He wanted to throw my E warrior, which is super stable. He's new to the sport so I tell him "You probably wont be able to throw it very far, and if you do, not where you want it". I also told him if he hits a person walking I'm going to die laughing because there were people everywhere and he had never thrown an overstable disc. He throws it and it comes within feet of this woman on the path. She was probably 35-40 years old. In a jokingly manor I tell my friend "That would have been extremely funny if you would have hit her. In an ironic way of course". Little did I know, I guess I YELLED that and she looked at me (about 200ft away) and I could tell she heard me and was pissed.

Anyways, a good 15 minutes later my other friend shows up and we start a round. He had no clue about the woman ordeal and his first throw almost ACES hole one, then rolls about 20ft near the path where this woman was once again walking. Well he was the last to throw so we start walking and instantly we see the woman pick up his disc and starts sprinting. We're like "wtf!". We run and catch up to her and politely we ask her why she took our disc. She begins to SCREAM telling us we tried to kill her twice now and she wanted to teach us kids a lesson. Let's keep in mind I'm 20, and my two friends are 28 and 31. She was flipping out and wouldn't give us the disc so we threatened to call the police (lol) and after FIVE minutes she finally did.

Crazy woman.

SkaBob said:
ChrisWoj said:
SkaBob said:
smarkquart said:

There wasn't a pond George could lay up to?

I watched a guy throw a big hyzer spike. When he found it he was yelling for everyone to come see. The disc was tombstoned and it had split some unlucky snake in two.

JohnnyB said:
I watched a guy throw a big hyzer spike. When he found it he was yelling for everyone to come see. The disc was tombstoned and it had split some unlucky snake in two.

It really was a tombstone then, huh? :)

JohnnyB said:
Wow. Thats amazing it hit the snake.

JohnnyB said:
Thats awesome - best lucky spike I've thrown is into my bag, stuck right between the rest of the discs, from 100 feet. not quite intended, but funny all the same.

ChrisWoj said:
SkaBob said:
ChrisWoj said:
SkaBob said:
smarkquart said:

There wasn't a pond George could lay up to?

Nah...it was at Starr if I recall correctly. Plus, he was throwing his own disc...what fun would that be?

Now...if he'd have played the "Steal Disc" card earlier.... :lol:

Went out playing in the cold on Saturday.

Threw my Boss on hole 5 Belmont (I think about 390 feet slight downhill) there is an annoying tree dead in the center of the fairway, about 200 feet from the tee. I usually can just throw over it on a slight hyzer but it whacked a couple of branches at the top, continues flight and parked 5 feet behind the basket.

Me and both guys in my group wtf'd.

Jsw said:
I witnesses a "black ace" when I was playing doubles last summer - it was my first and only thus far and our whole card had a pretty good laugh at it.

*EDIT* For those that don't know, a black ace is when you Ace a basket OTHER than the target of that particular whole. I.E. You're teeing from hole 9 and your throw hyzers out and lands in 8's basket way to the left.

You mean You ace a basket of another hole. If you ace The wrong basket,but correct hole that has multiple baskets we call this a GREY ace!!