• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] FX-2 Speculation

I believe the 'spat' between Paige P and Prodigy hurt Prodigy, no matter who was 'right';

I don't think it did at all. This is the first I have ever heard of this spat. I think you may be projecting a bit.

I know big PP fans that stayed with Prodigy when she left.

The last couple years there was a market loss here in East Tennessee, but I think that had more to do with MVP and Discraft moving in. Trilogy is the big loser here.

This summer I am seeing more players picking Prodigy back up. Will is back in promoter role hardcore and Chris Dickerson has crushed everyone who challenges him on local courses.

Will and Chris make me want to like Prodigy.

I don't think it did at all. This is the first I have ever heard of this spat. I think you may be projecting a bit.

I know big PP fans that stayed with Prodigy when she left.

I'm not 'projecting' anything, just stating an opinion based upon what I observed at the time. The PP/Prodigy split was very acrimonious, and well known and documented. It may or may not have contributed to Prodigy's issues, but I mentioned it as a possible factor.

The last couple years there was a market loss here in East Tennessee, but I think that had more to do with MVP and Discraft moving in. Trilogy is the big loser here.

This summer I am seeing more players picking Prodigy back up. Will is back in promoter role hardcore and Chris Dickerson has crushed everyone who challenges him on local courses.

Will and Chris make me want to like Prodigy.

Will's injury and time away from the game may have contributed to that market loss in Tennessee, and I agree that him returning in a promoter role may help Prodigy a lot. And your comment about Will and Chris reaffirm my assertion that Prodigy needs to promote its pros (a lot) more.

About 3 years ago, two locals were sponsored by Prodigy and did what new sponsored players do... They unloaded their 'other' brands on non-sponsored players. I bought a bunch of Rocs, Tbirds and Jokeris cheap. I still throw Rocs and Tbirds.

I have never tossed a Prodigy.

Thanks Prodigy for getting Rocs and Tbirds in my hands.

About 3 years ago, two locals were sponsored by Prodigy and did what new sponsored players do... They unloaded their 'other' brands on non-sponsored players. I bought a bunch of Rocs, Tbirds and Jokeris cheap. I still throw Rocs and Tbirds.

I have never tossed a Prodigy.

Thanks Prodigy for getting Rocs and Tbirds in my hands.

Imagine having the opportunity to buy a cycle of Rocs and Teebirds for cheap... that's awesome.

I see Will, KJ, Dickerson, Prodigy hyping up the FX-2. Prodigy released a "behind the disc" sort of video with Dickerson, which I'm happy to see him get a little more spotlight and input on discs, but I still don't know how this thing is supposed to fly. I think I saw something about it fits between the existing F and new H series, speed wise? Does anyone know if it's supposed to have a CD2/Undertaker kind of flight? It didn't look like it had the stability of a Thunderbird based no the one video I saw on KJ's instagram.

The whole V2 naming scheme is hard to commit to no matter how good the molds may be.

Totally agree. Adding to it, there are still 'original' H-series discs out there, and they are very 'meh' molds at best (and pretty darn bad at worst). These news names get the molds completely away from the 'H' name, which IMHO is a very good idea...

Totally agree. Adding to it, there are still 'original' H-series discs out there, and they are very 'meh' molds at best (and pretty darn bad at worst). These news names get the molds completely away from the 'H' name, which IMHO is a very good idea...

They should do a clean sweep of their lineup. They've had so many re-do molds & name changes. Obviously keep a lot of what's worked but their catalogue & mold history are a bit confusing. Slim things down & make the brand more approachable.

They should do a clean sweep of their lineup. They've had so many re-do molds & name changes. Obviously keep a lot of what's worked but their catalogue & mold history are a bit confusing. Slim things down & make the brand more approachable.

It seems like they have been/are cleaning house, but they're not officially announcing anything going OOP while they just keep adding molds, lines, different versions of molds, etc. The cleaning they're doing is being overshadowed by additions. I saw no reason for the base line discs they put out or the "Max" D series. And calling the new mid the MX-3, basically the M3 with a bead, doesn't match why this new fairway mold is the FX-2. It's deeper and faster than the F series and [I really, reaallllyyy hope] it doesn't have a bead.

someone on FB posted saying they got one recently & that it flew 9/4/0/3. Sounds like a winner.

someone on FB posted saying they got one recently & that it flew 9/4/0/3. Sounds like a winner.

If this ends up being Prodigy's Thunderbird I'm in trouble. A Thunderbird in 400G plastic sounds too good to be true. Cale's recent snippets showing the flight appear to be more like 9/5/0/3, which is perfect Luster Thunderbird territory.

Not saying I know anything more than anyone else, let's face it, I probably don't.

Whyzerowl on Instagram and I were shooting back and forth, I made a fun comment about Prodigy needing an Anax-y disc in 400 plastic (LOVE the feel of 400, but only throw the F3).

He replied and said "FX-2 Is coming"...

Maybe a 10 4/5/6 0 2/3)??

Id like to get my hands on one, just to try I know that much.

Not saying I know anything more than anyone else, let's face it, I probably don't.

Whyzerowl on Instagram and I were shooting back and forth, I made a fun comment about Prodigy needing an Anax-y disc in 400 plastic (LOVE the feel of 400, but only throw the F3).

He replied and said "FX-2 Is coming"...

Maybe a 10 4/5/6 0 2/3)??

Id like to get my hands on one, just to try I know that much.

Never thrown an Anax, but the H1v2 seems to already fill that 10/11 OS driver slot for them. It's certainly not Firebird or FD3 overstable, which seems like a hole they might have now with the original H series OOP. I'm hoping the rim depth/width on the FX-2 is much closer to a 8-9 speed, not 10-11.

I played with someone throwing one yesterday and tossed his once myself. IMO more OS than a thunderbird with similar speed, faster and less OS than a firebird. People who throw hard are going to love it.

Never thrown an Anax, but the H1v2 seems to already fill that 10/11 OS driver slot for them. It's certainly not Firebird or FD3 overstable, which seems like a hole they might have now with the original H series OOP. I'm hoping the rim depth/width on the FX-2 is much closer to a 8-9 speed, not 10-11.

Anax are probably my most go to driver. The glide on them is absolutely unreal. They're not quite as OS as advertised but turning them over is... In my experience impossible.

Having bagged both H1V2'S and Anax's at the same time the H1v2's are more OS, and have significantly less glide than the Anax. Maybe an H2v2 with more glide?

But who knows until we all get our hands on them I guess. I love speculation! Lol

Latest posts