• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FYI: Bowling Green Amateur Championships

I am leaving the Chicago area at 7 am tomorrow to pick up a friend in Evansville then to BG. I am pretty excited for my second BG Ams.

What is the premium players pack. I saw what fatbackbob got, but what is different between the two

Premium players pack is for the first 500 to sign up you get one of the chunk putter or drivers from Vibram, a dri-fit from Discraft in additon to the same as what Fatbackbob had. So the same as his exchange his putter for a chunk one and add a dri-fit.

That is what I thought but I wasn't totally sure. Sounds a lot like the one last year. It was a good deal, can't wait to get my butt kicked by guys that are way better than me

Slowroll, we are pretty similarly rated so we may end up on a card together on the first day. If that is how they are doing it.

There are 42 players with rankings higher than me signed up. I'm thinking a top 25 finish would be a great showing for me, so that's my goal. Geeking out on the numbers a little shows me that:

My best ever rounds at
Kereiakes 50
Hobson 51
Phil Moore 56
BGTC 55

For a lifetime best total of 212.

That's not exactly final 9 worthy numbers (still 8 strokes behind Trey that snuck in last year with a 204), but at least it's a benchmark to let me know what I'm capable of if I can play well over the weekend.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that it is impossible to bag in Advance. There is no rating ceiling so anyone that doesn't want to play for cash can play Adv for as long as they want to. If they keep beating us, then we just need to get better. My pick to win is young Joey Lutz out of Chattanooga TN. I had the pleasure of watching him shred in February and know exactly what he is capable of when he is on.

Good luck everyone.

You are going to need a mid to high 40s round at Hobson, that much I know because there are a lot of guys I know in the 940-960 ratings that can shoot that. Kereiakes is probably about the same

Slowroll - Last year also had franklin instead of BGTC, so add a few strokes to those lower totals from last year. Franklin plays a good bit easier than BGTC.

bpait - I did receive a coupon for a dri-fit from Discraft that I think I can turn in at the Flymart. So I think all players get the dri-fit and not just first 500.

Whoever asked about ratings and the cards, I can tell you from seeing the scoreboards last night that they are organized exactly by rating. The first ADV card is three 980s and the fourth player is a 977.

It'll be interesting to see who on that first card can ride it the whole weekend (if any of them)...

Robby~*~

Fatbackbob -- so what exactly was in your pack? I can wait til Friday, but I'd love to know now!

the chunks are different...

and the first 500 will get a DGA hurricane (new fast driver)

and the late registrants (like me) get a DGA Rogue...

Friday Night Flymart::::

I'll have :

Tons of new and used Ching Flat Top Rocs
CFR Fundraiser Discs for the Memphis Dogwood
Fundraiser Discs for my high school disc golf team
Slaw Dog discs and dri-fit polos / shirts...
DKG newly released 13 speed drivers (brand new)
One First Run Buzzz and a couple WASP rimmed Buzzzes
Tons of stock stamped Innova...

60524143.jpg

61a70b47.jpg

e0964443.jpg

For more info - check out:
www.slawdogsports.com
www.dkgdiscsports.com
Click on my signature for some of my collector's... Can't wait for 2pm...

Last edited:
I can't believe the number of discs we handed out tonight. Hope everyone had a good time, looking forward to good weather and better golfing tomorrow.

got "my" players pack tonight. Seems like everything is being running smooth.

BGTC is almost like two complete different courses. Interesting holes though.

Idlewild killed my butt this morning but well worth it. LS, DD and couple others had tents up tonight at Bha Wah. Flymart should be pretty redic... with all the vendors

Latest posts