• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FYI: Bowling Green Amateur Championships

Not really. Statistically, with that many players with ratings in the 900-934 range, you should expect a few rounds over 1000. It would be abnormal to not see any. But, it's also unlikely they'll shoot that well the next round. Good luck tomorrow.

That guy shooting the 1007 in intermediate is my buddy from Memphis and he's fifteen years old.

Hot and cold in the past, but everyone up here from West Tennessee is hoping he stays hot!!

I, on the other hand, have a lot of work to do in the next three rounds... Looking forward to the big courses...

It's possible that I should focus more on my rounds, but I haven't played in a tournament in a couple months or more.

So... rather than practicing my putt, I paid attention to a baby squirrel that ran out of the woods and followed me and the guys on my card for three holes. Check this out...

Between the river I swam in this morning at Phil Moore and this squirrel at Bowling Green Technical, it has been a crazy day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZNQD52Zz90

It's possible that I should focus more on my rounds, but I haven't played in a tournament in a couple months or more.

So... rather than practicing my putt, I paid attention to a baby squirrel that ran out of the woods and followed me and the guys on my card for three holes. Check this out...

Between the river I swam in this morning at Phil Moore and this squirrel at Bowling Green Technical, it has been a crazy day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZNQD52Zz90

That's awesome. Tech course is like an animal sanctuary right now. I've seen snakes (hole 8), a possum (hole 1), raccoon (hole 7), hawks (hole 16), and white squirrels (hole 5) out there.

Those 40mph winds KILLED me today at White, shot a 71...grrrr!
Had a great time though, just not used to wide open courses, or paint-stripping winds.

Whites is always like that no matter if the rest of BG has no wind.

So a pro won? Nice.

The only difference between this guy and Wiggins last year is this guy accepted cash before this event. All but one player in the final nine had played in the Open division before this weekend.

My rounds decreased as the wind picked up throughout the weekend, I was on the top card most of the weekend until my 870 at Lovers, knocked me down to 14th overall.

Had a great time though, I would highly recommend this experience, mostly the courses were not great, was some ok golf, but the people were great, pretty much everyone I came across I had a blast with.

I met a bunch of people from here, but I don't know who you all are on here... sound off if you came across me and my dog Forest this weekend.

I had a great time down there, first event in advanced and I coulda shoulda cashed until I more than doubled my score at Kererikas. Went from five up to twelve up, The courses and people were awesome. The wind and the players dinner were not. Flymart was cool picked up a stool really needed one and after friday wasnt playing saturday without one.

The 4 courses that the Advanced groups played in, when put together as a whole, were an incredible test of disc golf. They were fun, tough, long, tight, and made you play golf. There were both birdie holes and work-for-par holes.
Very good time had by all who I traveled down with.

Well done Bowling Green. I really appreciated how traveler friendly the tournament was, and how we were all kept up to date with emails and info before the tournament.

Great tournament. (now if only I had played better...)

The only difference between this guy and Wiggins last year is this guy accepted cash before this event. All but one player in the final nine had played in the Open division before this weekend.

Ya this is just a way for these guys to come down a play to win. I don't agree with the loop hole that is set in place. At least this year there wasn't a 1000 rated player playing in an AM tournament just so he can win it.

Latest posts