• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

Recently threw the Element and love it. I agree with the Blaze assessment. I always suggest it when somebody is looking for a premo Viper/Whippet that's easy/cheap to find.
The Blaze is a very good disc in that Whippet/Banshee sort of class. It gets forgotten but it's a solid overstable fairway driver.

That's a sick deal. I'm gonna have to look into this then next time I'm ready to buy some more discs. :thmbup:
There a very good deals to be had out there on Gateway discs. They are the easiest manufacturer to stock up a lot of one mold with.

Gateway is taking some big steps to taking their lineup to the next level.

The new batches of Platinum and Diamond Evolution has been quite consistent between molds. I believe Mac is on the right track in delivering a consistent premium blend.

On a side note, I was just hired on with Gateway to be Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing so I'll be working hard to breathe some life into Gateway's Web presence.

Congratulations, Jamie! Very cool to hear.

I just received my RDG stamped Diamond Evo Assassin this weekend and am loving the plastic and the flight.

Recently, I've seen a lot of lightweight players drifting away from Gateway in favor of companies that have premium blends of plastic more readily available, especially in putter and mid molds. Why is the world's best putter manufacturer not making premium blend putters below 160 grams more regularly? Does Gateway plan on pursuing this demographic as aggressively as Prodgy or MVP/Axiom has moving forward?

I was checking out the Facebook auction and saw the word Savage. Is gateway making Savages again?

Just ordered 10 discs this morning and am excited for the new plastic to come out. Especially those mids, they look really nice :D

Recently, I've seen a lot of lightweight players drifting away from Gateway in favor of companies that have premium blends of plastic more readily available, especially in putter and mid molds. Why is the world's best putter manufacturer not making premium blend putters below 160 grams more regularly? Does Gateway plan on pursuing this demographic as aggressively as Prodgy or MVP/Axiom has moving forward?

We plan on running new Evo-Diamond putters soon. It's harder for us to run the premium plastics in lighter weights because they are naturally heavier. We have use a slightly different recipe in order to keep them below 165g. I am sure that when we run more putters we will make some lighter weights, but we have to do what's best for Gateway, and that means running the most popular weights, when tend to be 170g+.

If you are looking for anything specific, email me at [email protected] and I can try to find what you want. We do have some lightweight Evo wizards in stock, so if this is what you are looking for we might be able to provide.

So what does a sabre fly like? And are there any runs in the new plastics?

I've owned many Wizards in my life.
I recently started bagging a new blend that I truly believe is the best I've ever felt for tee work.

The PWP, or "Pure White Proto" Wizards are very similar to the Fossil run that I had produced. They're stiff, flat as can be and are quite OS for a Wiz.

Fresh off the shelf I was able to throw some distance smashes in the 315-330 range that were just eye popping.

The best part however is the plastic. It's a near dead ringer for 10x KC. If the PWP plastic was available in Rocs, folks would be paying $50 a pop for them. It's THAT good.
Seriously, Wizard fiends owe it to themselves to try these out.

Grabbed this from the Wizard thread, but it seemed more appropriate to inquire here. Any chance there have been any PWP gateway mids run yet (or any of their other putters? Maybe a warlock?)? I feel like I should try them out anyways, but that might be the tipping point that gets me to try out Gateway mids.

Are there any Devil Hawks in the high 160's? The mold doesn't look conducive to lighter weights but I thought I would ask.

I have a few max weight hpp demons that are domey.. they are starting to turn on me after not much use now. Sometimes they don't come back when I improperly torque it

My discraft zone are lot less touchy. I like the zones for 190 to 220ft and demons for 225 to 255 feet throws. Whippet and firebird after that for more distance and so forth.

Should I try a different plastic of demon ? Are flatter Demons more torque resistant?

I have a few max weight hpp demons that are domey.. they are starting to turn on me after not much use now. Sometimes they don't come back when I improperly torque it

My discraft zone are lot less touchy. I like the zones for 190 to 220ft and demons for 225 to 255 feet throws. Whippet and firebird after that for more distance and so forth.

Should I try a different plastic of demon ? Are flatter Demons more torque resistant?

The past couple runs of Demons haven't been quite as beefy as planned I'd say.
I'm hoping to have DaveMac run some Diamond or Platinum Evo ones to see how they turn out.

I think you are correct though that a domey Demon isn't going to be your best bet for mega beef. You could always try to track down a Blaze as well, they're like the slightly bigger brother to the Demon.

The past couple runs of Demons haven't been quite as beefy as planned I'd say.
I'm hoping to have DaveMac run some Diamond or Platinum Evo ones to see how they turn out.

I think you are correct though that a domey Demon isn't going to be your best bet for mega beef. You could always try to track down a Blaze as well, they're like the slightly bigger brother to the Demon.

I remember having the same problem with the Blaze as the Demon. Fantastic when new, then they get very straight after a few weeks. Not sure why these OS discs are losing stability so fast. Dave mentioned at one point that the Suregrip Demons molded up better as far as retaining the OS flight but... The base plastic didn't take much to beat to straight either.

Any plans or discussions for more Overmold discs? The Assassins are fun to throw, maybe some mids or the Warlock, I like to putt with Wizards, but I think this would be great for outside the circle or driving putts. Plus if you don't carry many discs, this would be a great all purpose short range disc.

What is evolution pro-line plastic? What would it compare with the closest? How did/ does it work in the Wizard mold specifically?

Grabbed this from the Wizard thread, but it seemed more appropriate to inquire here. Any chance there have been any PWP gateway mids run yet (or any of their other putters? Maybe a warlock?)? I feel like I should try them out anyways, but that might be the tipping point that gets me to try out Gateway mids.

You would be referring to our Sure Grip Select plastic! We have just released the first run of this plastic and it feels amazing. Reminds me of the older runs of KC Pro Rocs smooth and firm. We have only ran some Warriors so far, but I can't wait to try some Karmas and Elements in this beautiful blend!

Latest posts