• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

I have a pretty huge love affair with all putters. I seriously can't have enough of them. So when I found a few X-out medium flex Gateway putters for sale, I bought one of each (unfortunately, the wizard is the only one that is lighter weight and doesn't have a stamp, but I was happy just to find one.)

I got into wizards shortly after they discontinued the medium flex. Was this discontinued for all models? I wish it wasn't, because it's pretty solid. Luckily, for the wizard, I know there are so many other recent good runs out there and I have enough fossil, fossil fuel, and G9i to last me a while. The warlock seemed like something an aviar pna guy would love, just in awesome, stiff plastic. Was this model not popular enough to run in any of the newer stiff plastics?

Also, the extra G9i and G25 I picked up felt great. The G9i was stiff, but had a much different, more velvety feel to it than the others I own, not slick at all. Almost more like the G25 was. Is it common to run across runs like this? Whatever it was, it felt great. I would buy any putter (and probably midrange too) I ever considered throwing in a plastic like that.

The Warlock is about to resurge. I'm going to make that a bit of a point of emphasis now that I'm helping with GDS.

The warlock is an amazing putter for folks that don't like beads. I always laugh when folks fawn over McPro Aviars when the Warlock has always been readily available and performing great for rhe few that throw them.

Don't mess with my warlocks, I'm one of the few people I know that uses them and id like to keep it that way haha. I would appreciate a RFF Warlock though.

The Warlock is about to resurge. I'm going to make that a bit of a point of emphasis now that I'm helping with GDS.

The warlock is an amazing putter for folks that don't like beads. I always laugh when folks fawn over McPro Aviars when the Warlock has always been readily available and performing great for rhe few that throw them.

They also pair well with the Wizard, like it for driving, outside the circle attempts, and anny putts.

I have a pretty huge love affair with all putters. I seriously can't have enough of them. So when I found a few X-out medium flex Gateway putters for sale, I bought one of each (unfortunately, the wizard is the only one that is lighter weight and doesn't have a stamp, but I was happy just to find one.)

I got into wizards shortly after they discontinued the medium flex. Was this discontinued for all models? I wish it wasn't, because it's pretty solid. Luckily, for the wizard, I know there are so many other recent good runs out there and I have enough fossil, fossil fuel, and G9i to last me a while. The warlock seemed like something an aviar pna guy would love, just in awesome, stiff plastic. Was this model not popular enough to run in any of the newer stiff plastics?

Also, the extra G9i and G25 I picked up felt great. The G9i was stiff, but had a much different, more velvety feel to it than the others I own, not slick at all. Almost more like the G25 was. Is it common to run across runs like this? Whatever it was, it felt great. I would buy any putter (and probably midrange too) I ever considered throwing in a plastic like that.

Some of the special blend runs (SB-12, SB-13, SB-14) came out with a Soft to Medium flex. The SB-14's (my personal favorite) were a very limited run that had a velvety feel, were extremely firm and flat, and were extremely stable. I have a stash, but that's all that were made. As I am working with Jamie now at GDS, I think we know what people are looking for, and you'll see a lot more good things coming out of the Gateway shop soon.

Diamond Evo Spirits! That's what the people need, wether they know it or not.

Shhh, sooner or later those folks may catch on.

Been putting with the Warlock for a while now, switched over after losing an Aviar PnA and hearing of Gateway's great plastic. Definitely love the SS Warlock.

Man I used to love Warlocks, they are just a bit deep for me. I think a Warlock was the putter I used in my first 1000 rated round.

It would, but knowing its fossil takes a lot of the guess work and hunting to find the same type of soft that you want out of the equation.

A run the same as the black serps would be quite nice. How deep is the warlock compared to the wizard or magic in feel?

Make that happen and I'd like to try one.

Nikko is on Team Daredevil but throws a mixed bag.

I'm pretty sure he uses Wizards.

Last edited:

Latest posts