• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Are you referring to the test batch of Fossil Wizards that are labeled "TF"? Those are my favorite putting Wizards, but they are tough to track down. If PWP is similar to those older "TF" fossils...well, you may have just made my day...

I didn't find the PWP to be as hard as the TF fossils. The 3 PWP I have are more of a softer side of S Flex with the typical fossil gritty texture.

supposedly they are still not made anymore. and they haven't been tweaked to meet standards. they are still stiff as hell.

Is hell stiff?

Seriously, if you want stiff wizards, check out the fossil wizards from RDG.

Edit, site is out, but believe I saw they are to be run again soon.

Last edited:
Is hell stiff?

Seriously, if you want stiff wizards, check out the fossil wizards from RDG.

Edit, site is out, but believe I saw they are to be run again soon.

Second this, fossil wizards are really stiff but have a lot better grip than the g9i's I've had.

There are a few different runs of PWP. The original run wasn't stiff - it was more on the lower edge of "S" and upper range of "SS". It was a great run. The later runs have gotten more stiff (not as stiff as Fossil or Fossil Fuel).

Won't find any new fossil fuel wizards, JCass says no more

I took that to mean they are out of stock of this last run of them and didn't have any unstamped ones left. Not that they weren't going to be another run of them

Newest run of PWP is almost yellow/brown around the rim. Has anybody else received any of these? Plastic feels similar to previous runs but doesn't look as nice.

I took that to mean they are out of stock of this last run of them and didn't have any unstamped ones left. Not that they weren't going to be another run of them

That's what I thought too. He posted something about it a month or two ago, and then again a couple days ago. The second time I took it as no more. I wouldn't be surprised if I took it the wrong way. Either way it was clear that fossil wizards will definitely happen again.

Those were the last of the first run of Fossil Fuel Wizards from RDG. Fossil Fuel was a little more firm in the Wizards compared to Fossil. I would say the PWP I have felt almost feel somewhere in between in stiffness. I am sure they will eventually do another run of FF Wizs when they can, but can't promise it will be the same flex and stiffness as before.

You guys must have received different PWP's than I did. The two I've had were more like an SS-SSS flex. Not like a stiff soft even a little bit.

Are you referring to the test batch of Fossil Wizards that are labeled "TF"? Those are my favorite putting Wizards, but they are tough to track down. If PWP is similar to those older "TF" fossils...well, you may have just made my day...

I was talking about the first production run of Serpents , there hasn't been a second yet so if you have a non-first run fossil serpent... that is the "dinner plate" fossil. Makes a ridiculous 'donk' noise when it hits stuff.

Was not a fan of the fossil/fossil fuel wizards. Shallower, faster, less glide, and less stable than I wanted.

Can anyone else confirm this to be true? B/c that might make them the perfect putting Wizards. I love my current ones but have to account a little too much for the fade and can't run right at the basket on longer putts.

What about these would actually decrease the stability?

Can anyone else confirm this to be true? B/c that might make them the perfect putting Wizards. I love my current ones but have to account a little too much for the fade and can't run right at the basket on longer putts.

What about these would actually decrease the stability?

I agree that they are shallower and faster with a tick less glide then most wizards. I don't find them any less stable the a standard wizard tho.

I agree that they are shallower and faster with a tick less glide then most wizards. I don't find them any less stable the a standard wizard tho.

Agree with this completely. Definitely a little faster with a little less glide at first, but beat in to have more glide as all Wizards do. I actually thought they might be ever so slightly more OS then a standard Wiz, but thought that might be in my head cause they are a tic faster. I definitely never noticed them being less OS then a normal Wiz.

Agree with this completely. Definitely a little faster with a little less glide at first, but beat in to have more glide as all Wizards do. I actually thought they might be ever so slightly more OS then a standard Wiz, but thought that might be in my head cause they are a tic faster. I definitely never noticed them being less OS then a normal Wiz.

Thanks for the quick answers guys. The only thing I don't like about Wizards is those longer putts. Too much guessing to account for the fade for me. But that is probably mostly the Indian and not the arrow.

I should probably stop using two different Wizards so that one will break in faster to be my outside the circle putter. To be fair, they are chewed up from putting too often into things other than the chains and still have not lost any putting stability(I am sure throwing it would be noticeable), so I am not sure how much more they can get beat in without actually throwing them.

Latest posts