• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I have a used Fossil Fuel Wizard that has been getting tee shots for a while and it is still very OS for a Wizard. Made it into a taco from a tee shot once 10 feet from the pad and it is still going strong.

Don't need white ones need more of these in colors!

I use a nice stiff pair of organics for putting, including long putts. I try to make all shots happen with the same putting putters.

Similarly, I like a nice beat Soft to handle all drives and upshots. I like to make all shots happen with my go-to.

I find most of the base plastics have similar stability.

I have a nice stack of Fossils and PWPs. I'm not sure that there is finer plastic by any company right now. This stuff is just top of the line. I talked to Dave the other day and he gave me a lot of technical information, which went over my head. What I got out of it was that he felt because of the different chemicals used, the PWP are slightly more durable while the Fossils have slightly better grip. Both are low shoulder, nice and flat. More similar than different.

I agree, the most OS wizard I've thrown (excluding Evo) was a glow.

With a lack of a real gateway thread, I figured I'd just ask this here as it doesn't really need it's own thread.

Anyone ever gotten their test putter lot? What should I expect if I get it?

No idea. Do they have 10 putter molds? I'm not overly worried about which ones, I've only tried wizards so trying the others might be nice. I'm just worried about just how beat up they come. If they've just been tossed at a practice basket than that's a non issue. If they've been tossed on sidewalk or something similar I don't want anything to do with them.

No idea. Do they have 10 putter molds? I'm not overly worried about which ones, I've only tried wizards so trying the others might be nice. I'm just worried about just how beat up they come. If they've just been tossed at a practice basket than that's a non issue. If they've been tossed on sidewalk or something similar I don't want anything to do with them.

They have 9 putt/approach molds: 4 regular style putters (Wiz, Warlock, Magic, Voodoo), 3 shallow driving putters (Chief, Chief OS, Shaman) and and 2 thumtrac style low glide discs (War Spear, Devilhawk)

I've been using Soft or PWP wizards as driving putters but I'm beating the fade out of these fast. What does everyone else do for this type of shot?

It seems like my driving wizards become straight as an arrow fairly quickly.

That's probably what I will do. I just wish I had some in premium plastic.

I've been using Soft or PWP wizards as driving putters but I'm beating the fade out of these fast. What does everyone else do for this type of shot?

It seems like my driving wizards become straight as an arrow fairly quickly.

Have you tried any of the Evolution blend Wizards? My overstable driving putter is an old Evo Wizard that is still just as OS as when it started.

Have you tried any of the Evolution blend Wizards? My overstable driving putter is an old Evo Wizard that is still just as OS as when it started.

I love the flight of the new Platinum Evo (the green ones) but they are pretty slick. Is there a tacky premium blend Allen?

I have tried premium wizards to not much success.

Diamon Evo - probably the worst disc I've ever owned. Super hard and almost zero grip. I ended up selling it for way less than I paid.

Semi opaque Evo Platinum wiz (white) - Plastic was still a little slick but not as bad. Super high shoulder though and I was having some issues with clean releases.

Early (maybe first run) Evo Platinum wiz (white) - Extremely gummy and good grip. I sorta like this disc but it's way too soft. Softer than a RFF wizard.

Recent Evo Platinum (green) - This one is probably the closest feeling to my baseline wizards but it isn't very flat and a little too soft.

I think most of my premium wizards are new. Is there something else I can try other than hunting down the older ones?

Busted

I've had a plasma envy in the bag right now. Won't be the end of the world if it stays

I just bag an envy for drives with a chance of hitting anything. My ss has a good chance of getting thrown if it's wide open.

The cold weather has found a huge health problem with one of my wizard. It has cancer. Out putting today and on one of my grips I noticed my ss was oddly hard in one place by the rim. I'm assuming one part of the plastic that is a little less resistant to cold temperatures pooled right there. It doesn't seem to effect flight, but now I can't unnotice it.

I have tried premium wizards to not much success.

Diamon Evo - probably the worst disc I've ever owned. Super hard and almost zero grip. I ended up selling it for way less than I paid.

The original proto Evolution Diamond Wizards were extremely stiff. We still have a few left that aren't quite as stiff/slick. Shoot me a PM and I'll get one to you.

We have been running some awesome new Wizards in some of our most popular blends!

SUPER FLOPPY 4-S Wizards - Black- We haven't made a batch this floppy in years, they can fold up and fit in your back pocket!
$$$ Wizards - Pink - These are flat, SS in flex, tacky $$$ feel, glide for days
PWP Wizards - Flat, Firm, Stable - extra white coloring added so these are no longer a prototype (these won't turn brown like the last run)

Message me for order information!

We have been running some awesome new Wizards in some of our most popular blends!

SUPER FLOPPY 4-S Wizards - Black- We haven't made a batch this floppy in years, they can fold up and fit in your back pocket!
$$$ Wizards - Pink - These are flat, SS in flex, tacky $$$ feel, glide for days
PWP Wizards - Flat, Firm, Stable - extra white coloring added so these are no longer a prototype (these won't turn brown like the last run)

Message me for order information!

Great to hear the PWP is becoming more common and is not going to be a one off. Now if we could just get some with the PWP feel in different colors, that would be awesome (not sure if the color really affects the firmness and/or how flat they mold up)

Latest posts