• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Last Summer I took a stack of Wizards (mostly PWP, Soft and Fossil/Fossil-Fuel) and tossed them on my roof, exposing them to weeks worth of sun and elements. Kind of a fast track way of "seasoning" them. The result was a Wizard that retained the stiffness, but acquired this crazy tacky-when-wet quality. Pretty much the perfect putter, IMO.

Last Summer I took a stack of Wizards (mostly PWP, Soft and Fossil/Fossil-Fuel) and tossed them on my roof, exposing them to weeks worth of sun and elements. Kind of a fast track way of "seasoning" them. The result was a Wizard that retained the stiffness, but acquired this crazy tacky-when-wet quality. Pretty much the perfect putter, IMO.
The more fun way to do that if you have a yard is to just leave them out in the practice basket. Saves you from needing a ladder to get them back.

I follow "Gateway Underground" on Facebook and I message them whenever I'm looking for something specific. Always quick to reply and very helpful.

Following Gateway Underground is nice too because they often have a lot of sales/specials.

I follow "Gateway Underground" on Facebook and I message them whenever I'm looking for something specific. Always quick to reply and very helpful.

Following Gateway Underground is nice too because they often have a lot of sales/specials.

Yeah that second site they have now has all sorts of great deals right now. Love that they went with the 5 pack for mid-ranges and approach discs, lots of great stuff coming out of their factory right now. Hopefully see some nice Shamans, RFF Warspears, and some more experiments with Super Glow and Overmolds in 2017.

I'd love to see organics and glows with the stiffness of pwps and fossil.

There are firmer glows from several years ago. Great plastic. Hated to see them start running soft blends.

Yes! I'd love to see a run like that again. I am using a nice pair of stiff organics as my current putters, but those are few and far between as well.